What would your current first team look like?

Guest Deep456

-------------------- Given

Geremi --- Taylor --- Rozenhal -- Babayaro

Milner--------Butt ----- Barton ---- N'Zogbia

-------------- Owen ---- Viduka

Obviously Baba hasn't a chance in hell of starting come the new season. This is probably the best balanced team we can manage from our current squad, but this will no doubt change dramatically in the coming weeks.

Guest Deep456

My team:               

Given©

Gerami Taylor Rozenhal Babayaro

Milner     Barton    Luque

Martins     Owen

Viduka

The Luque may suprise you but I think this guy will get back to the good old days under Big Sam. Looks pretty impressive I must say until you see Babayaro.

No defensive midfielder?

Barton?

f****** hell.

Well Barton is a Defensive Midfielder.

And Given is a right back because he can play there.

Actually, Barton IS a Defensive Midfielder.

Ty, exactly what I thought. He is a defensive midfielder.

-------------------- Given

Geremi --- Taylor --- Rozenhal -- Babayaro

Milner--------Butt ----- Barton ---- N'Zogbia

-------------- Owen ---- Viduka

Obviously Baba hasn't a chance in hell of starting come the new season. This is probably the best balanced team we can manage from our current squad, but this will no doubt change dramatically in the coming weeks.

Big fan of Oba but would have to go along with this. Martins coming off the bench could be a very good option.

Havent looked what everyone else has put yet but I would go:

Given

Geremi  Taylor  Rozehnal  Babayaro

Milner  Barton  Emre  Duff

Owen  Viduka

Reluctant playing Baba, and reluctant not fitting Dyer or Martins in the team but I think that team would offer the most balance. Assuming everyone is fit as well.

My team:               

Given©

Milner    Barton    Luque

Martins    Owen

Viduka

The Luque may suprise you but I think this guy will get back to the good old days under Big Sam. Looks pretty impressive I must say until you see Babayaro.

No defensive midfielder?

Barton?

f****** hell.

So if two idiots say something it becomes fact?

*sigh*

Guest jamesmartinsmith

......................................Given...........................................

Geremi..............Taylor..................Rozehnal....................NZogbia

Dyer.................Butt©........................Barton.....................Duff

......................Viduka.......................Owen.............................

N'Zogbia is an attacking player ...

What do the names Ronaldo, Lennon, Wright-Phillips mean to you?

--------------Given---------------

Geremi--Rozy--Taylor--Edgar

Milner---Butt---Barton--Zoggy

-------Viduka---Martins-------

What a terrible team...  :razz:

Guest Deep456

My team:               

Given©

Milner     Barton    Luque

Martins     Owen

Viduka

No defensive midfielder?

Barton?

f****** hell.

So if two idiots say something it becomes fact?

*sigh*

Sigh and you just go along with the crowd. Type in Joey Barton on google and see where his natural postition is.

Given

Geremi, Taylor. Rozehnal, Babayaro

Dyer, Barton, Butt, Zog

Viduka, Owen

Prefer to have another Central midfielder and a right back or right sided midfielder aswell as a left back, left winger. Duff is a very good player when fit.

Think we will play 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 though so maybe:

Given

Geremi, Taylor. Rozehnal, Babayaro

Dyer Butt Barton

Owen Viduka

Don't like the look of that though. Pretty sure we will be signing more players

I don't have a problem with people classing Barton as a DMC.

He's more DMC than AMC, people call him box to box as he like to make forward runs, but also gets back to help out the defense, but it doesn't detract he's mentally built as a DMC and like to put a tackle in whenever he can. He does more defensive work than attacking work for me, so if someone wants to say he can play DMC then there shouldn't really be a problem with it, its better than calling Geremi or Solano a rightback FFS!

Sigh and you just go along with the crowd. Type in Joey Barton on google and see where his natural postition is.

Love how having the same opinion as the majority is classed as going with the crowd :lol: You candle.

And he's a CM, more box to box. He can play DM but he isn't a natural DM, the same way Given could play right back but he isn't one...

Guest Deep456

Love how having the same opinion as the majority is classed as going with the crowd :lol: You candle.

And he's a CM, more box to box. He can play Dm but he isn't a DM, the same way Given could play right back but he isn't one...

That's like saying I can play LB for newcastle but I don't. Your point is like saying anyone can play anywhere which is true. But my point was Joey Barton can play defensive midfielder quite well.  BTW in hinduism Deep means light so the candle theme is quite clever.

He's more DMC than AMC, people call him box to box as he like to make forward runs, but also gets back to help out the defense, but it doesn't detract he's mentally built as a DMC and like to put a tackle in whenever he can. He does more defensive work than attacking work for me, so if someone wants to say he can play DMC then there shouldn't really be a problem with it, its better than calling Geremi or Solano a rightback FFS!

He has looked more attacking whenever I have seen him. He has aggression and doesn't mind putting a foot in but that doesn't make him a DM.

Guest sicko2ndbest

......................................Given...........................................

Geremi..............Taylor..................Rozehnal....................NZogbia

Dyer.................Butt©........................Barton.....................Duff

......................Viduka.......................Owen.............................

N'Zogbia is an attacking player ...

What do the names Ronaldo, Lennon, Wright-Phillips mean to you?

OK i'll really improve that side. How about Carr, no sorry, babayaro, no sorry, ramage at left back.

Nzog is a better player than the aforementioned 3 and would rather attack be the first rule of defence than defence being the first rule of defence when you have got the poor defenders we have. Understand. Good

:cheesy:

He has looked more attacking whenever I have seen him. He has aggression and doesn't mind putting a foot in but that doesn't make him a DM.

And moving forward with the ball doesn't make him an AMC either.

Got to disagree.

It's like calling Gerrard a DM. Sure he gets back and helps out in defense, but any center midfielder has to do that too, not just the holding player.

A DM has to play a disciplined game. Can't make many runs forward as his primary job is to protect the defense, not get forward. If he makes too many runs forward he'll inevitably leave us vulnerable to the counter attack.

In attack his main job is to always provide an option to go backwards if the attack breaks down. Barton is no DM, or would be wasted there at least.

Got to disagree.

It's like calling Gerrard a DM. Sure he gets back and helps out in defense, but any center midfielder has to do that too, not just the holding player.

A DM has to play a disciplined game. Can't make many runs forward as his primary job is to protect the defense, not get forward. If he makes too many runs forward he'll inevitably leave us vulnerable to the counter attack.

In attack his main job is to always provide an option to go backwards if the attack breaks down. Barton is no DM, or would be wasted there at least.

Gerrard is far more attacking than Barton.

And he's a CM, more box to box. He can play Dm but he isn't a DM, the same way Given could play right back but he isn't one...

That's like saying I can play LB for newcastle but I don't. Your point is like saying anyone can play anywhere which is true. But my point was Joey Barton can play defensive midfielder quite well.  BTW in hinduism Deep means light so the candle theme is quite clever.

No, you said he IS a DM.

Got to disagree.

O0

Given ©

Geremi    Rozehnal    Taylor  Duff

Dyer      Barton    Emre    Milner

Viduka    Owen

subs: Harper, Ramage, Martins, Butt, N' Zogbia/ Luque

Got to disagree.

Gerrard is far more attacking than Barton.

I wouldn't say so.

I've always seen Barton as a very similar player to Gerrard, in terms of style rather than ability, of course.

Barton put in 101 crosses last season, thats quite a few for a DM.

He also put in the 3rd highest amount of tackles, not bad for an attacking mid.

Because you can only tackle if you are in a defensive position?

Barton put in 101 crosses last season, thats quite a few for a DM.

He also put in the 3rd highest amount of tackles, not bad for an attacking mid.

Because you can only tackle if you are in a defensive position?

Does Barton take corners for Citeh, and would they be included into the stats?