Wayne Bridge

thedudeabides

Guest gggg

He was easily better than Cole last season, the top 4 wouldn't even consider Baines never mind starting him.

Can't be long before Bridge suddenly thinks he needs first team football.

He was easily better than Cole last season, the top 4 wouldn't even consider Baines never mind starting him.

and possibly european football :(

bridge would be a fantastic signing,the main problem i have with it is "would morinho let him go?" he was far better than cole last season.

Chelsea have been a little too quiet in the transfer market so far....

Makes me think that they've got a few players lined up and them going for the star of the U-21 Championships would make a bit of sense. Hopefully this means we'll get Bridge.  :undecided:

Four our manager want to buy Wayne Bridge...

1. Sir Bobby Robson

2. Graeme Souness

3. Glenn Roeder

4. Sam Allardyce

I think that only Robson has had a quotable interest in him though.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

What's that got to do with anything?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

bridge would be a fantastic signing,the main problem i have with it is "would morinho let him go?" he was far better than cole last season.

Chelsea have been a little too quiet in the transfer market so far....

Makes me think that they've got a few players lined up and them going for the star of the U-21 Championships would make a bit of sense. Hopefully this means we'll get Bridge.  :undecided:

Too quiet? Ben-Haim, Sidwell and Pizarro. Them 3 are probably worth £15 million. I think it was Kenyon that said they were looking to spend less money this summer.

If 'world class' players, or at least very good players move on then they tend to like a bit of Champions league / UEFA Cup  football. We can't offer it. Still, nothing ventured.......

If 'world class' players, or at least very good players move on then they tend to like a bit of Champions league / UEFA Cup  football. We can't offer it. Still, nothing ventured.......

There are (as in all aspects of life) "class" people in football, who want to be involved in "making a club successful" / "helping get it into the Champions League" - if they see the potential for that to happen.

It is still about self interest, it would look even better on their CV to be part of that, than to just join a club that has already achieved (say) regular Champions League involvement.

The crucial factor is that we have to be SEEN to have that potential (in the fairly short-term) - which surely we have!

Guest jamesmartinsmith

If 'world class' players, or at least very good players move on then they tend to like a bit of Champions league / UEFA Cup  football. We can't offer it. Still, nothing ventured.......

Not necessarily. This whole perception of players needing European football is due to cash.

Footballers are too fickle to always care about first team/european football.

European clubs can afford to pay their players high wages, hence this perception. If they are offered the wages they would get at a European club, then a transfer is likely.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Worst career move Ashley Cole made joining chelsea, like a few of his teamates, has gone backwards. Still a great player mind.

I think that Cole has become more defensive at Chelsea and instead of going down the wings like he did at Arsenal, he now prefers to hit that diagonal ball to Drogba. Still, he is the best left-back in the world.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Drenthe.

Guest gggg

Worst career move Ashley Cole made joining chelsea, like a few of his teamates, has gone backwards. Still a great player mind.

I'm sure he'll be happy with his cups and title challenges over the next few years rather than finishing 4th at best.

I think that Cole has become more defensive at Chelsea and instead of going down the wings like he did at Arsenal, he now prefers to hit that diagonal ball to Drogba. Still, he is the best left-back in the world.

i dont think its true but he would be a good signing if he could stay fit

i still prefer baines from wigan

I think Bridge is the best left-back in the world. He would be the signing of the summer imo.

Much, much better than Baines. All Baines has over Bridge is youth.

Which one of your personalities am I talking to here?

You reckoned Bridge was on Page 1 :lol:

Footballers tend to want success. Of course some are cash orientated and we have had more than a few of those. However, any pro who doesn't see Euro football as a bonus surely doesn't have the competitive instinct that a top class sportsman should have? Bridge seems fairly well adjusted. I am sure he would do well here but there is far too much empirical evidence of footballers going to successful clubs because of the Euro/ trophy lure to take your claim seriously.

Hehe.

Yeah, no-one can complain when you move somewhere that wins trophies. I dont think he has moved on at all as a player though, maybe as you say because he plays more defensive. He just seems more shaky alot of the times Ive watched him this season.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Hehe.

Yeah, no-one can complain when you move somewhere that wins trophies. I dont think he has moved on at all as a player though, maybe as you say because he plays more defensive. He just seems more shaky alot of the times Ive watched him this season.

Come on, be fair.

How can you doubt Cole after they way he took Cristiano Ronaldo out of the game every time they two teams met?

Hehe.

Come on, be fair.

How can you doubt Cole after they way he took Cristiano Ronaldo out of the game every time they two teams met?

boumsong done it with terry henry

As you all know, my cousin's girlfriend operates the fax machine at SJP, and she's been saying that she has been carrying baked beans over water all day.

eh?

Its code for Wes Brown flying over from his holiday to sign for us.

Guest pont-toon

As you all know, my cousin's girlfriend operates the fax machine at SJP, and she's been saying that she has been carrying baked beans over water all day.

eh?

Its code for Wes Brown flying over from his holiday to sign for us.

heinz bridge ?