Craziest Thing You've Seen At A Football Park/Match.

The Bonk

Heard about some crazy things that went on in the 70's.

One is particular event occurred at Fratton Park where it was Green Street central at the time with home fans and away fans trying to batter it other to death. Just about anything that wasn't bolted down in the stand got hurled at the oppositions fans. Apparently after running out things to throw, the home fans moved into the disabled section and tipped a bloke out of his wheelchair and hurled the chair into the away section. Fortunately they then didn’t lob the bloke afterwards as well though.

Dichio has done quite well as has Welsh.  I reckon they've found their level.  Dichio is a Toronto FC legend, also our leading goal scorer.  Welsh scored our first goal in club history and Robinson has chipped in one as well.  I thought Dichio was from West Brom? 

Sounding good for them, I'm always interested in how former players get on, just to see if we got rid at the right time. 

Dichio was at Sunderland before going to WBA, he was never prolific but would always give it his all, and was decent enough cover to score the odd goal, although how he got in ahead of Bridges when he first came here no-one knows.  I always liked him though.

Is Welsh still wafer thin or has he bulked up a bit?  As a light breeze used to knock him over at Sunderland, still you can't expect too much for a £15k signing from Stockport. 

Yeah, mate, they have it pretty good here.  Maybe a notch above cult status and a pretty rabid fan base. 

Nah, Welsh is still a skinny cunt who spend's most of his time on the pitch holding various parts of his body.  Still, he's

pretty committed to the team and gives his all. 

Guest henke

the mad Sunderland steward at the stadium of s****, who got in the hull because we were tormenting him  lol

Thats what i was going to say. It just capped off such an amazing day.  ;D

Mind elaborating on the story?  I remember someone mentioned it back when, but I'm always up for laughing at stupidity.

No probs.

After the game 4-1 game a couple of years ago the plod kept us in for about half an hour, maybe a bit more. Well, all the natives had left and a steward was walking round the pitch collecting the flags. He collected the corner flag down to our right and as he walked in front of us to get the other corner flag we were giving him some serious abuse. He lost the plot, threw the flags to the ground and jumped over the barrier throwing punches - nay, windmilling anybody within reach!

He was soon back on the pitch, due to people hitting him and the police pulling at his feet. And the entire toon support was by now singing to him. He walked off to the tunnel crying his eyes out, and shouting god knows whatto himself.

In the cold light of day, its quite distressing to see a grown man behave in such a way. Even if he was a mackem. But at the time it was downright hilarious.

Not the craziest, but last night in the U-20s, a Portuguese player named Mano was getting sent off for shoving down an opposing player, and one of his teammates, Zequinha, walked over and ripped the red card out of the referee's hand. So, the player that stole the red card gets sent off as well, and then starts crying his eyes out.

I've never seen anything like that.

One is particular event occurred at Fratton Park where it was Green Street central at the time with home fans and away fans trying to batter it other to death. Just about anything that wasn't bolted down in the stand got hurled at the oppositions fans. Apparently after running out things to throw, the home fans moved into the disabled section and tipped a bloke out of his wheelchair and hurled the chair into the away section. Fortunately they then didn’t lob the bloke afterwards as well though.

you do know Green Street is the street leading to Upton Park from the Underground station?

the mad Sunderland steward at the stadium of s****, who got in the hull because we were tormenting him  lol

Thats what i was going to say. It just capped off such an amazing day.  ;D

Mind elaborating on the story?  I remember someone mentioned it back when, but I'm always up for laughing at stupidity.

No probs.

After the game 4-1 game a couple of years ago the plod kept us in for about half an hour, maybe a bit more. Well, all the natives had left and a steward was walking round the pitch collecting the flags. He collected the corner flag down to our right and as he walked in front of us to get the other corner flag we were giving him some serious abuse. He lost the plot, threw the flags to the ground and jumped over the barrier throwing punches - nay, windmilling anybody within reach!

He was soon back on the pitch, due to people hitting him and the police pulling at his feet. And the entire toon support was by now singing to him. He walked off to the tunnel crying his eyes out, and shouting god knows whatto himself.

In the cold light of day, its quite distressing to see a grown man behave in such a way. Even if he was a mackem. But at the time it was downright hilarious.

Did he pick up the flags?  What were you singing?

Amazing, would have loved to see that.  What a complete tool.  Thanks for elaborating, mate. 

you do know Green Street is the street leading to Upton Park from the Underground station?

aye, it sounds just like Fratton Railway Station

doh, never would realised the link between hooliganism and Green Street.

doh, never would realised the link between hooliganism and Green Street.

Let's just clarify, are the ICF also known as Green Street or is a totally separate firm?  Or is it even a firm at all?  So many questions! (I know about the movie, but couldn't be bothered watching it as that little elf is portrayed to be a hoolie)

That weird bloke that ran onto the pitch at st james' near the end of the season, with a stick in one hand and a blanket in the other... what was that all about??

Was that at the Liverpool game ? If so - was a protest against Liverpool's new owners, one of whom happened to be top brass at Via-Systems which laid a load of people off and gave them no redundancy.