Queudrue?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Dr. Pongle
I can't believe people are moaning about this.

Fans getting upset at the possibility of signing a gash player? Whatever next?

He is not "gash". He is decent. Who do you expect us to sign as backup left back then? Some peoples expectations on here are unbelievably fucking unrealistic. You sort of people will be the same people booing the team of the pitch on the last home game of the season if we only finish 7th.

Guest Darth Toon

He is not "gash". He is decent. Who do you expect us to sign as backup left back then? Some peoples expectations on here are unbelievably fucking unrealistic. You sort of people will be the same people booing the team of the pitch on the last home game of the season if we only finish 7th.

Exactly. Players who've played left back for the toon recently include:

Babayaro, Huntington, Edgar, Duff, Taylor, Ramage, Elliott

He's better in this position than all of them, and by some way IMO.

Does anyone have a link to Allardyce saying he wants 2 LB's?

This week he basically made a strong suggestion that Babayaro is staying.

it was in the chronic but i don'y think it was a quote saying he wanted 2 left backs and a centre half.

think they meant 2 full backs rather than two left backs.

Does anyone have a link to Allardyce saying he wants 2 LB's?

This week he basically made a strong suggestion that Babayaro is staying.

I think it was in Crumpy's thread when he met him last week.

Guest SirLes

My first post....been visitor for to long...

Queudrue in my opinion would a good signing...not amazing but better than many left backs, I remember him at boro thinking he was good and in my opinion had a very cultured left sweet..

Also had an aggressive streak, played with fight and passion, maybe could step up a level playing infront of full houses rather then boro & fulham.

I think him and Viduka are two players that would thrive in a full stadium 'pressure' atmosphere.

Guest Dr. Pongle

He is not "gash". He is decent. Who do you expect us to sign as backup left back then? Some peoples expectations on here are unbelievably f****** unrealistic. You sort of people will be the same people booing the team of the pitch on the last home game of the season if we only finish 7th.

Leighton Baines or Wayne Bridge.

Take your pick.

He is not "gash". He is decent. Who do you expect us to sign as backup left back then? Some peoples expectations on here are unbelievably f****** unrealistic. You sort of people will be the same people booing the team of the pitch on the last home game of the season if we only finish 7th.

Take your pick.

I pick Wayne Bridge We are after 2 left backs though. So who do you suggest as back up to Bridge?

If we're getting the Queudreu of two or three seasons ago then he could be a good signing. But the feeling is that he's gone downhill quite a bit and doesn't strike me as the most ambitious of players - moving to Fulham from Boro after a good season was a bit random. I'd see him as an improvement on Baba but we could do better.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Take your pick.

I pick Wayne Bridge We are after 2 left backs though. So who do you suggest as back up to Bridge?

Babayaro.

Take your pick.

Babayaro.

Jesus christ.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Jesus christ.

What's your point? He's back up not first choice - I can't see many players wanting to come here knowing they will be backup.

Take your pick.

Babayaro.

Jesus christ.

never make a defender,shit scared of crosses.

Guest exilim

It will be weird to buy a first team player from Fulham as a backup tho, don't think the player himself would want to sit on the bench?

Guest David Kelly

I don't think anyone is expecting us to sign two top class leftbacks and even people like myself who aren't pro Queudrue wouldn't be upset to see us sign him as backup.  But at this stage we don't have a first choice to play there ahead of him.  Until we do it would seem that if we are intent on signing him it would be for a starting berth and he's simply not good enough for that.

From today's Chronicle:

Meanwhile, reports that out of favour Fulham defender Franck Queudrue is expected to sign for United are believed to be premature, with other targets on Allardyce’s shortlist pushing the Frenchman down the pecking order.

I don't think anyone is expecting us to sign two top class leftbacks and even people like myself who aren't pro Queudrue wouldn't be upset to see us sign him as backup.  But at this stage we don't have a first choice to play there ahead of him.  Until we do it would seem that if we are intent on signing him it would be for a starting berth and he's simply not good enough for that.

Hmm, I wouldn't make my intention to sign a backup player dependent of signing a first choice player before. If the backup player you want is available then sign him. Otherwise you might end up with scenario like last season where you don't get a player at all - neither first choice nor backup.

Guest David Kelly

Hmm, I wouldn't make my intention to sign a backup player dependent of signing a first choice player before. If the backup player you want is available then sign him. Otherwise you might end up with scenario like last season where you don't get a player at all - neither first choice nor backup.

True I wouldn't want us to miss out on a back up player on a good deal just because we didn't have the first choice already signed.  But it's no surprise that people are disapointed in seeing a move like this either.  If we signed him tomorrow I would be disapointed but that would change is we also signed Bridge, at which time I would be thinking that we had a quality left back and suitable backup.

Guest exilim

No way we will not sign any left back this season, at least it sounds impossible to me.

He probably had his shortlist of left backs ready with the board working on it while the squad is in Austria.

Bridge, Baines, Shorey, and probably Nelson will peck Queudrue to the bottom.