What does NE5 (Leazesmag) think of Ashley and Shepherd's imminent departure?

Guest Dan

Isn't LeazesMag still posting as InvictaToon? The tactic of "well I'm losing the debate on this one, so let's switch it to something completely irrelevant" seems a bit familiar. Apologies all round if either/or feel offended to be mentioned in the same breath.

:lol:

Miss them both :(

but you shouldn't put personalities before judgments. Let it be a lesson.

Like you do when arguing with certain members of this very forum then?

you can comment on the whole post if you like, don't be shy now

Why should he comment on everything in a post? If he read it and there is a part of it he wants to comment on does that mean he is going to have to think about every other point in that post and make a comment on it aswell?

He's baa-aack :lol:

Basically if we do well it'll because Shepherd got this appointment right, if the wheels come off it's because we should have been careful what we wished for when people were complaining about the fat one's suffocating choke-hold on the club.  If anyone's expecting any kind of conceeding that we're better off without Shepherd in total control, they'll be disapointed.

to clarify,  are you saying that it wasn't Shepherd who appointed Allardyce ?

Nobody can comment yet on how much Ashley will back his manager, more or less than the old board, because nobody knows.

Miss them both :(

but you shouldn't put personalities before judgments. Let it be a lesson.

Like you do when arguing with certain members of this very forum then?

you can comment on the whole post if you like, don't be shy now

does that mean he is going to have to think

I should have realised.

No, not at all.  I am however saying that success in future is not necessarily down to only Shepherd, as this time he is not doing the appointing, and then the follow up backing and sacking on his own.  The previous two managerial reigns are all his however, he can take full credit for those if you like.

Isn't LeazesMag still posting as InvictaToon? The tactic of "well I'm losing the debate on this one, so let's switch it to something completely irrelevant" seems a bit familiar. Apologies all round if either/or feel offended to be mentioned in the same breath.

:lol:

aye, funny that like .

Me ? Vicky ? Bloody helll.............

No, not at all.  I am however sayig that sucess in future is not necessarily down to only Shepherd, as this time he is not doing the appointing, and then the follow up backing and sacking on his own.  The previous two managerial reigns are all his however, he can take full credit for those if you like.

of course, along with the first time in over 50 years that NUFC had finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons with Bobby Robson as manager, but don't try to change history if it doesn't suit you

If Ashley doesn't back his managers any more than the Halls and Shepherd did, and we are successful, what does that tell you ?

FWIW, I have wanted Allardyce since Bobby Robson left, and so I think he will be successful whoever the chairman and owner is. Obviously if Ashley throws money at the club, he has a better chance, but I wouldn't bank on that, you shouldn't expect him to.

No, not at all.  I am however sayig that sucess in future is not necessarily down to only Shepherd, as this time he is not doing the appointing, and then the follow up backing and sacking on his own.  The previous two managerial reigns are all his however, he can take full credit for those if you like.

of course, along with the first time in over 50 years that NUFC had finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons with Bobby Robson as manager, but don't try to change history if it doesn't suit you

If Ashley doesn't back his managers any more than the Halls and Shepherd did, and we are successful, what does that tell you ?

FWIW, I have wanted Allardyce since Bobby Robson left, and so I think he will be successful whoever the chairman and owner is. Obviously if Ashley throws money at the club, he has a better chance, but I wouldn't bank on that, you shouldn't expect him to.

Its far from clear tonight what sort of money Ashley will invest but we will know soon, especially if we have an offer accepted for Deco which i hope we are working on.

I wasn't even addressing you, I was pointing out no-one should expect you to concede we're better off without Shepherd's total control because every feasible scenario can reflect favourably on Shepherd in your world.

I wasn't even addressing you, I was pointing out no-one should expect you to concede we're better off without Shepherd's total control because every feasible scenario can reflect favourably on Shepherd in your world.

I have never thought Shepherd was in total control, and have said so on numerous occasions.

NE5, your vote of confidence is a bit like the kiss of death, you backed Souness althought you later denied it and you backed Roeder, two failures.

Throw Shepherd into the post and you don't have a very good track-reacord, do you?

Just copy whatever I post and you'll be OK.

Its far from clear tonight what sort of money Ashley will invest but we will know soon, especially if we have an offer accepted for Deco which i hope we are working on.

Ashley has invested very little apart from the money spent to buy the club, not that it makes the slightest difference because I already think we have a much more professional club and look forward to a new season for the first time in years.

Spending well is much better than spending big, I get the feeling that our current setup will get more out of any money they spend.

Ashley first job is to pay the bank back what those two BORROWED to back managers, which they borrowed not against themselves but against future season ticket sales.

NE5, your vote of confidence is a bit like the kiss of death, you backed Souness althought you later denied it and you backed Roeder, two failures.

Throw Shepherd into the post and you don't have a very good track-reacord, do you?

Just copy whatever I post and you'll be OK.

ha !!!

I was in Scotland when Souness was at Rangers, and always knew he would leave the club in tatters, as you very well know.

The last person in the world that I would ever copy - although I don't feel the need to copy anyone - is someone who thinks that spending decades in the 2nd division is the same as qualifying for europe regularly.  mackems.gif  Along with the posting of a keegan bandwagon jumper of the highest order that won't even admit it. At least some people admit the fact that the ambition shown by the ex board attracted them to the club, even though like most people they were ultimately disappointed that the raised expectations were not fulfilled.

I see you still refuse to respond to the question I asked you : If Allardyce is successful, who will you give the credit to ? And if he isn't, who will you blame ?

How can I copy the posting of an idiot that refuses to even give replies ?

Priceless.

mackems.gif

Well, what a turnup. Coming from someone who thinks every feasible scenario from the outgoing board was so shit that anyone at all who replaced them would be better, even qualifying for the champions league and finishing in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time since the 1950's.

You should stop repeating MICK's daft comments, and read the factual information that I post instead.

Ashley has invested very little apart from the money spent to buy the club, not that it makes the slightest difference because I already think we have a much more professional club and look forward to a new season for the first time in years.

You mean like the Bobby Robson years under Shepherd when we finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time since the 1950's ?

Not that I expect you to believe this actually happened.

Those comments made in that brothel must really dig deep to hurt your feelings  that you hate the bloke who made them so much. What a shame. Poor lad.  mackems.gif

And who appointed the manager that you think will do so well ?  mackems.gif

Ashley first job is to pay the bank back what those two BORROWED to back managers, which they borrowed not against themselves but against future season ticket sales.

At the moment, Allardyce has done nothing that he wouldn't have done with the Halls and Shepherd running the club, he certainly hasn't had any extra money.

At the moment, Allardyce has done nothing that he wouldn't have done with the Halls and Shepherd running the club, he certainly hasn't had any extra money.

My point was when you refer to the Halls & Shepherd backing the manager, they were hardly doing a "Roman" & spending there own cash, in fact they weren't even spending the clubs cash, the club borrowed the money & against the people who buy season tickets.

If all Ashley does with his cash in his first few months is pay off the overdraft approx £20 million, pay off the interest bearing loans & borrowings approx £48million, which were serviced with payments last year of approx £11 million. I would find that much better than buying a left back from a club that finished 4th bottom last season.

My point was when you refer to the Halls & Shepherd backing the manager, they were hardly doing a "Roman" & spending there own cash, in fact they weren't even spending the clubs cash, the club borrowed the money & against the people who buy season tickets.

If all Ashley does with his cash in his first few months is pay off the overdraft approx £20 million, pay off the interest bearing loans & borrowings approx £48million, which were serviced with payments last year of approx £11 million. I would find that much better than buying a left back from a club that finished 4th bottom last season.

the absolute and best thing about Ashley taking over the club is that we have a single person owner who has absorbed the debt accrued by the development of the stadium. That in itself releases cash that would have gone in repayments and interest.

So I totally agree.

So far as the team goes, it;s in Allardyces' court now, and I've got confidence in him to do well. The very minimum he will do is re-structure the club, bring in new training, medical techniques even if he doesn't match the short term results of the first team. Which nobody really can guarantee, but I think and hope he will do well enough to last a long time as manager.

I don't expect Ashley to throw loads of money at the club. I expect that is why a lot of people wanted him, but this isnt' fair. Its a bonus if he does that.

Guest Deep456

Well, what a turnup. Coming from someone who thinks every feasible scenario from the outgoing board was so s*** that anyone at all who replaced them would be better, even qualifying for the champions league and finishing in the top 5 for 3 consecutive seasons for the first time since the 1950's.

You should stop repeating MICK's daft comments, and read the factual information that I post instead.

Im with NE5 on this one. He is quite the intellectual.

Im with NE5 on this one. He is quite the intellectual.

less of the pisstaking if you don't mind !!!!

You're right though  ;D

<<<<<<< expecting MICK to come along and say "anyone but Fred would have done coz he called me nasty names yer knaaa" >>>>>>>  mackems.gif

who has absorbed the debt accrued by the development of the stadium.

I don't expect Ashley to throw loads of money at the club. I expect that is why a lot of people wanted him, but this isnt' fair. Its a bonus if he does that.

In debt because the Halls borrowed against future season ticket sales to pay Cameron Hall Developments. Who then had the brass neck after the last seat had been in place less 6 months, to want to build a new stadium!!!! Dougie also manned the NUFC Gibraltar operations?!?! Does Mort know about the office we have in this tax free haven. The Halls made 10's of millions off the back Newcastle United getting into debt. It makes Fred & the leasing of the warehouse seem like small change!!!

"It is worth recalling here a few of the lowlights from Mr Shepherd's own career. Let's go back eight years, when his company, Shepherd Offshore plc, sold a warehouse, quite legally it should be said, to his brother, Bruce, for £175,000. Newcastle then did a 17-year deal with Bruce Shepherd to store their merchandise in the warehouse at an annual rent of £150,000. That is £2.5 million. "

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,4284,1456030,00.html

I expect the club will not be run  in a benefactor mode as many assume but as a business that is self supporting, once the debt is gone.

In debt because the Halls borrowed against future season ticket sales to pay Cameron Hall Developments. Who then had the brass neck after the last seat had been in place less 6 months, to want to build a new stadium!!!! Dougie also manned the NUFC Gibraltar operations?!?! Does Mort know about the office we have in this tax free haven. The Halls made 10's of millions off the back Newcastle United getting into debt. It makes Fred & the leasing of the warehouse seem like small change!!!

"It is worth recalling here a few of the lowlights from Mr Shepherd's own career. Let's go back eight years, when his company, Shepherd Offshore plc, sold a warehouse, quite legally it should be said, to his brother, Bruce, for £175,000. Newcastle then did a 17-year deal with Bruce Shepherd to store their merchandise in the warehouse at an annual rent of £150,000. That is £2.5 million. "

I expect the club will not be run  in a benefactor mode as many assume but as a business that is self supporting, once the debt is gone.

I can think we can safely assume that NUFC's Gibraltar operations are being wound down  :lol:

I can think we can safely assume that NUFC's Gibraltar operations are being wound down  :lol:

This new board are full of s***, they talk about promoting the NUFC "Brand" oversea's yet close down our oversea's development branch the first chance they get! :lol: