Martins or Gudjohnsen?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If the rumours about Arsenal wanting Martins are true I reckon he'd go. Like it or not Arsenal are still in a far better position than us right now and many on here reckon it'd be good business for the money spoken about in this clause anyway - £13m. Gudjohnsen has been linked to us a lot lately and despite what he says publically I think he'd come here if we pushed, especially given Henry's arrival at Barca and the fact he's worked under Allardyce before.

Basically, if we sold Martins and it meant we brought in Gudjohnsen, would you be happier?

The move would surely generate funds, but does this matter with Ashley's money backing us now? We would be getting a more polished player, of that there is no doubt. But would you like us to try and keep hold of the younger Martins and see what he can do in a better team under better management?

Guest albert

Keep Martins and see what he can do, he is still young (?) if his age is to be believed and hopefully Sam will be able to work with the likes of him and the Zog and develop their all round game

Guest ExiledGeordie

I'd say he's probably already thinking about a move to be honest. As someone else pointed out, he sees Viduka and Owen there too so he's not guaranteed to start every game I guess.

I think Big Sam will already be planning a contingency move, as Martins will surely move in the next week. Gudjohnsen would be an excellent addition but it would be good to bring in some more pace.

What will be will be I guess, cant keep players who want to move on.......

I would hate to see Martins playing for Arsenal, I think he can become world class player under a decent manager, if Allardyce can bring out his good attributes more consistently you wont get many better strikers than him.

Guest Town-Toon

Simply don't want him to leave but I think he will. (I think this may be Big Sam's point of view too)

The voting is pretty one-sided so far.

Surely more people could argue that Gudjohnsen is the better player right now?

Who fits better into Allardyce's favoured tactics and formations?

The voting is pretty one-sided so far.

Surely more people could argue that Gudjohnsen is the better player right now?

Who fits better into Allardyce's favoured tactics and formations?

You have been taking to much notice of Anal mate, he has warped your mind...

:D

Guest Darth Toon

Martins.

The issue of pace is a big one for me - if we lose Oba then I don't see Gudjohnsen as the right replacement - as mentioned elsewhere we would probably be looking at someone like Anelka or Defoe instead.

I just hope that if he is going then he goes soon, while we still have some time to find a replacement.

Martins is a good player but I don't think he'll improve. I think what you see with Martins now is what you'll get. He'll be a Wiltord type player for me, will get you 10-15 goals a season, but will blow hot and cold in his all-round game. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I'd sooner have Gudjohnsen.

Guest Town-Toon

Long ball upto Viduka who flicks it onto Martins sprinting passed two defenders.

Long ball upto Viduka and Gudjohnsen who get in each others way.

I am not saying this is the only way we will play but if Martins stays I would expect to see him play more away games than home, where we will be looking to hit teams quickly and Martins pace will key.