Justin Hoyte?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest Guinness

It depends on how much money we have to spend, if we do have anywhere near the speculated £50m then I'd say we can do better. However if we don't have that much to spend he might be worth a punt. He's by no means the finished article, but he does have some potential and is versatile in the sense that he can play in both full back positions. Ideally I'd say no, but we don't know what Sam has available to him.

Very good young player, would be an excellent signing. I like very much.

Based on what? A relegation campaign where he was ordinary at best, or the few run-outs he's had at Arsenal where he's been found wanting? Poor footballer who if he was on the books at Charlton or Fulham, nobody would go near him.

Why is Arsenal signing Bakari Sagna? Ok he may be an excellent player, I don't know. But Arsenal already have Eboue, an excellent right back and Justin Hoyte, a decent right back. Is this combination not good enough for Arsenal? Right back is hardly the area most in need of strengthening for Arsenal.

Personally don't rate Hoyte much, don't think he has the class to become top player but he is still a decent solid reliable right back nonetheless, better than Carr for a start, but would prefer Solano over him. Rather Allardyce save up the money for some quality now that we suddenly have many bodies floating about.

He looks decent enough to me, and would improve the squad.

I think we have to face it, we're going to find it very difficult to attract the very top players from the position of 13th place, and the big four have a big advantage over us at this time.

Based on what? A relegation campaign where he was ordinary at best, or the few run-outs he's had at Arsenal where he's been found wanting? Poor footballer who if he was on the books at Charlton or Fulham, nobody would go near him.

Dont think he is that bad tbh

Good squad player, and would be a good squad player for Newcastle.

Dont want him to leave though

I think we have to face it, we're going to find it very difficult to attract the very top players from the position of 13th place, and the big four have a big advantage over us at this time.

I don't think we are trying to attract anyone to this club "from the position of 13th place".

There is no one involved in buying new players (owner / manager / directors etc) who was involved last season. Even Freddy Shepherds temporary role is irrelevant, as he is off ill.

Everyone, who may be joining us, knows that this is a totally different club, and that last season has no real relevance to anything at all - for the future.

It will become even easier 'after we have achieved' , but it is still nothing like as bad now, as the statement "from the position of 13th place" implies!

Guest nufc_geordie

Definately worth a punt. I think that for this season and probably next season we are going to struggle to bring big names in. We need to show the footballing world we have stabalized and are improving, not be such a volatile club. Then we may attract bigger names. We have no right back at Newcastle as good as Hoyte, therefore for me he is a decent signing.

I don't think we are trying to attract anyone to this club "from the position of 13th place".

There is no one involved in buying new players (owner / manager / directors etc) who was involved last season. Even Freddy Shepherds temporary role is irrelevant, as he is off ill.

Everyone, who may be joining us, knows that this is a totally different club, and that last season has no real relevance to anything at all - for the future.

It will become even easier 'after we have achieved' , but it is still nothing like as bad now, as the statement "from the position of 13th place" implies!

Okay, 13th place sounds a bit negative, and we're competing well for players with everyone outside the top four. But we're not in a position to turn our noses up at a player like Hoyte.

Okay, 13th place sounds a bit negative, and we're competing well for players with everyone outside the top four. But we're not in a position to turn our noses up at a player like Hoyte.

Of course we are!

Of course we are!

Were really not.

We are not the team or prospect half the board seem to think we are we have fallen into the mid table teams like Blackburn and Villa. We are behind Everton, Spurs and possibly Pompey.

Nut, I think this might be an interesting read for you: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=476901&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=1490&title=Wenger's+right-back+collection