Premier League clubs spending.

Optimistic Nut

Thought it would be interesting to make a league table of clubs based on net spend this summer. Quite a few surprises...

Manchester United = £52m

Tottenham Hotspur = £27.2m

Liverpool = £23.5m

Portsmouth = £21.15m

Fulham = £19m

Chelsea = £14m

Sunderland = £9m

Middlesbrough = £9m

Derby County = £7.35m

Birmingham City = £6.65m

Wigan Athletic = £6.45m

West Ham United = £4.1m

Everton = £4m

Manchester City = £3m

Aston Villa = £2.5m

Newcastle United = £1.5m

Bolton Wanderers = £1m

Blackburn Rovers = -£350,000

Arsenal = -£1.5m

Reading = -£2.4m

Spurs = Bale 10m + Bent 16.5m + Kaboul 8m + Boateng 5.5m = 40m

Have they paid all that money upfront? I know they've only paid £5m for Bale so far, not sure on the others.

Also have they sold anyone?

Well if you're doing it on what they've paid upfront Man United have spent about 30m.

Nani 7m + Anderson 8m + Hargreaves 17m = 32m.

Fulham, £16m. Jeez. I wonder why they're willing to let Sanchez spunk it all on a load of his mates and championship wasters...they never gave Coleman owt... ???

It's bonkers, Coleman brought in better players for nothing than Sanchez has bought.

And arent they up to their eyeballs in debt?

They signed that french kid they had on loan too.

Fulham, £16m. Jeez. I wonder why they're willing to let Sanchez spunk it all on a load of his mates and championship wasters...they never gave Coleman owt... ???

4m on Steven Davis is potentially money well spent. I've got a feeling that might come back to haunt us.

Is the subtext of the original post actually "Fuck! Look at how little we've spent compared to everyone else! We've got a really rich owner, so why aren't we spending loads more??"?

I ask because that is the way Villa fans are talking at the moment. Although we've let a load of players go, too.

Bale has cost £5m, and Boateng hasn't been confirmed has it?

Bale . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  £5m rising to £10m

Bent . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £15.5m rising to £16.5m

Kaboul . . . . . . . . . . . . . . £8m

Taarabt . . . . . . . . . . . . . £2m rising to £2.75m (robbed Lens blind)

Berchiche . . . . . . . . . . . . £100k rising to £150k

Total Final Figure . . . . . . . £37.4m

Boateng's agent flying in this evening but nothing sorted yet, Petrov still nothing sorted (may happen, may not), hopefully one more big signing to come (Oujbina??), not certain.  And Danny Rose says on his Bebo site that he is signing for Spurs ............. but although the club have been trying to sign him,  no-one seems to know anything about it.

Is the subtext of the original post actually "f***! Look at how little we've spent compared to everyone else! We've got a really rich owner, so why aren't we spending loads more??"?

I ask because that is the way Villa fans are talking at the moment. Although we've let a load of players go, too.

I'm just hoping that Gardner really is on his way to Villa............ and his knees pass the medical! :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

Is the subtext of the original post actually "Fuck! Look at how little we've spent compared to everyone else! We've got a really rich owner, so why aren't we spending loads more??"?

it could be that our owners are smarter than to fork out millions of pounds on championship standard players.

How do you constantly spend so much money without Champions League football?

Mr Nut is optimistic but never hysterical. Just interesting to see it so far really.

I think we can both be happy that there is more to come in terms of signings. There is always a late flurry of activity every year, it may be prudent to have some spending power towards the end of the window too.

By paying bottom rung wages to the players, letting some pass by if they want too much, and charging top rung ticket prices.  I did tell Brummie in a pm over 2 months ago that there was £65m available to spend.  Levy will never spend all of that in one window but he does seem to be having a serious push for 4th place this time around.  I think the final figure will be somewhere around £50m. 

By paying bottom rung wages to the players, letting some pass by if they want too much, and charging top rung ticket prices.  I did tell Brummie in a pm over 2 months ago that there was £65m available to spend.  Levy will never spend all of that in one window but he does seem to be having a serious push for 4th place this time around.  I think the final figure will be somewhere around £50m. 

So whats going to be different this time?  ;)