Summer spending fun

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You liar it didn't say challenging yesterday as you well know. ;)

yes it did. I've not changed it. least i don't think i have. NAh, i'd remember if i'd done it yesterday. The mentals haven't kicked in THAT bad yet!

Play safe. :razz:

You liar it didn't say challenging yesterday as you well know. ;)

yes it did. I've not changed it. least i don't think i have. NAh, i'd remember if i'd done it yesterday. The mentals haven't kicked in THAT bad yet!

Play safe. :razz:

either way, we are NOT going to be challenging for 4th, or being 4th, so its moot.

Sam's latest comments are basically a plea to the board via the media, for money and fast.

“By the day now you can pick up the newspaper or put the TV on and somebody’s gone. Fulham have spent about £19m, Wigan have maybe gone past £10m, Tottenham are well into the twenties, Man United and Liverpool are well into the forties and everybody else is still spending as well. There is a lot of money getting spent and Newcastle United does not want to get left behind because this is a very good squad which needs strengthening."

Not what any of us wanted to hear I'd imagine. Let's hope things get sorted out in good time or we'll be starting the season poorly prepared again.

Guest Invicta_Toon

Sam's latest comments are basically a plea to the board via the media, for money and fast.

By the day now you can pick up the newspaper or put the TV on and somebodys gone. Fulham have spent about £19m, Wigan have maybe gone past £10m, Tottenham are well into the twenties, Man United and Liverpool are well into the forties and everybody else is still spending as well. There is a lot of money getting spent and Newcastle United does not want to get left behind because this is a very good squad which needs strengthening."

Not what any of us wanted to hear I'd imagine. Let's hope things get sorted out in good time or we'll be starting the season poorly prepared again.

whinging fat bastard tbh, get shot and get Capello in

?By the day now you can pick up the newspaper or put the TV on and somebody?s gone. Fulham have spent about £19m, Wigan have maybe gone past £10m, Tottenham are well into the twenties, Man United and Liverpool are well into the forties and everybody else is still spending as well. There is a lot of money getting spent and Newcastle United does not want to get left behind because this is a very good squad which needs strengthening."

:laugh:

Shepherd was only purchasing shares in conjuction with the dividends he was receiving, and he was still 1-2% shy of hitting the the above mentioned 30% mark. So for the amount of and at the rate he was purchasing shares it probably would've taken a couple of years, or even more, to hit the target.

Follow his share-buying trend/activity over the past few years - i'm sure there are reliable rescources on the net - and don't let your unrelenting hatred of Shepherd cloud over fact before posting baseless s****.

Take your own advice. In the last couple of years before selling up, Shepherd increased his shareholding by around 4 percent -- revealing your conclusion that it would take him a couple of years to buy 2 percent to be, yes, baseless s****.

And even then you miss the point, which is that even had he acquired that 2 percent, he still wouldn't have had the finance to buy out the rest.

And those share purchases were based around the dividends received, as Shepherd himself has previously stated and the Fat Controller has also made his intentions known re- his desire to take the club back into private ownership.

So the question goes out to you Ozzie, and you're good at dodging questions a notable example being the "give a sensible & logical footballing reason as to why Souness substitued Bellamy in Charlton game" querie you never got around to responding to a couple of years back.... as raised in several threads.

Were the Halls, given their financial plight - ie. Cameron Hall's downturn in fortune after the Hall siblings took control of the company back in 99 - and i suppose that's just a heap of overblown fart gas as well, prepared to wait for Shepherd to finally hit the 30% mark, whether or not Shepherd was prepared to appropriate his upcoming dividend accordingly, or beyond?

By the way you can't predict to the pound what dividends he'll receive/appropriate to himself, and therefore you can't put an exact timeframe on his approach to the 30% mark. This financial year, and most likely next year as well given that our ommisssion from Europe this season will have a flow-on effect to the following financial year, there will be a downturn in revenue and it would be foolish to appropriate dividends that were comparible to those being payed out during our recent European football years. My approximate prediction an entirely reasonable.

As for Shepherd securing finance for a takeover. If a supposedly useless chairman can secure finance to purchase a fragile commodity - that being a footballer ie. Owen - then it's entirely propable that he can sort out a similar deal as arranged by Glazier - ie. managed debt against the club - in order to purchase bricks & mortor. ie the club.

I think Ashley will let Allardyce as he has successfully spent at Bolton, not expensive players, simply players who will get the job done.  But, with that in mind, I don't think Allardyce will be left short of cash if there are still players available who Allardyce thinks can do a sound job for Newcastle.

Ashley was out in Granada (Spain) last weekend with the Spurs hierarchy for Paul Kemsley's (Ashley's best mate and Spurs Vice Chairman) 40th Birthday Bash.  From what I've heard since, Ashley's views on transfer dealings and strategy don't vary much from Levy's.  Older players who provide experience to the rest of the squad cost little or nothing as their sell-on value will be negligible, younger players with potential having a strong possibility of enhancing their values in the event of them being sold. 

Newcastle have the manager who will be able to work well within that criteria, the future looks good for you imo.

By the day now you can pick up the newspaper or put the TV on and somebodys gone. Fulham have spent about £19m, Wigan have maybe gone past £10m, Tottenham are well into the twenties, Man United and Liverpool are well into the forties and everybody else is still spending as well. There is a lot of money getting spent and Newcastle United does not want to get left behind because this is a very good squad which needs strengthening."

Fuck Capello, you want to get that German bloke in, Ottmar Biscuitbarrel, whatever his name was.

As for Shepherd securing finance for a takeover. If a supposedly useless chairman can secure finance to purchase a fragile commodity - that being a footballer ie. Owen - then it's entirely propable that he can sort out a similar deal as arranged by Glazier - ie. managed debt against the club - in order to purchase bricks & mortor. ie the club.

Gawd. Try using your brain. If he were able to raise the finance to buy 70 percent of the club as easily as you suggest, why would it take him so long to buy the relatively small amount of shares that would take him up to 30 percent?