Hartlepool Utd .vs. Newcastle Utd (BBC Radio Cleveland) - Official Match Thread

Skirge

"Ameobi's footwork has been very good .... and he is a tall player" :lol:

Must be a thick boro supporter with insight like that!

he has got good footwork to fe fair. s*** control, but good footwork.

I bet Alistair Brownlee is papping himself, knowing this guy is waiting in the wings!

Is that the Alistair Brownlee that's out of a job? (Along with that get Slaven)  :lol: :lol:

http://www.100centuryfm.com/Article.asp?spid=&id=436408

LOL

Good! I fooking hated the twat!

Must have missed the season when Roeder took over. His goal tally wasnt bad at the start of last season either until the injury.

Yup, I'm backing him to have a decent season this year. Depends on the formation, rotation and probably the form of Viduka but I can see him up around 15 goals this season.

ameobi?

Excellent goal ratio since he first got a serious look in from January 2006. If he gets enough regular spells on the pitch, he will get enough goals.

but he wont score goals. he's never scored goals consistently in the past and that'll never change. the less games he plays for us the better.

Form since January 2006 would suggest otherwise.

how many games has he played since January 2006?

12 goals in 29 competitive starts with a crocked hip. An excellent ratio, up there with the best at this club over recent seasons. Although I doubt that will stop the continuation of your ridiculous vendetta which obviously has nothing to do with football.

the way you said "since January 2006" was rather misleading as he hasnt played for large periods of the last year, so its only really half a season. if you want to judge him on that half a season then feel free to, ill judge him on the other 200 times where he's done hardly anything.

plus, how can my view point have nothing to do with football? i dont know him personally so care to explain that further?

The other 200 hundred times obviously being when he was making 15 minute substitute appearances, playing on the left wing, or generally being expected to play the part of Shearer's dogsbody. Only since Roeder took charge was he allowed to play a goalscoring role within the team.

And if 29 games cannot be considered a full season what can? If it can only be considered a half season, the 12 goals can only be considered as outstanding.

Like I say, you clearly have an irrational vendetta against Shola that cannot cease to end. If it was football related, you'd be willing to give him a chance. I'm guessing you're too stubborn to admit that you were wrong.

Guest Breezer

Just saw the goals, Kerion Dyer looked f****** class in the  first and seconed goals, Owens goal was a tap in, Ameobi's seconed was a bit of a fluke.

Thanks! have watched the clip and... god it give me goosebumps to see Newcastle Utd playing football and the Toon Army's celebrations. I cannot wait for the season to start! But with new defenders in first!

Guest eyeball_tickler

Must have missed the season when Roeder took over. His goal tally wasnt bad at the start of last season either until the injury.

Yup, I'm backing him to have a decent season this year. Depends on the formation, rotation and probably the form of Viduka but I can see him up around 15 goals this season.

ameobi?

Excellent goal ratio since he first got a serious look in from January 2006. If he gets enough regular spells on the pitch, he will get enough goals.

but he wont score goals. he's never scored goals consistently in the past and that'll never change. the less games he plays for us the better.

Form since January 2006 would suggest otherwise.

how many games has he played since January 2006?

12 goals in 29 competitive starts with a crocked hip. An excellent ratio, up there with the best at this club over recent seasons. Although I doubt that will stop the continuation of your ridiculous vendetta which obviously has nothing to do with football.

the way you said "since January 2006" was rather misleading as he hasnt played for large periods of the last year, so its only really half a season. if you want to judge him on that half a season then feel free to, ill judge him on the other 200 times where he's done hardly anything.

plus, how can my view point have nothing to do with football? i dont know him personally so care to explain that further?

The other 200 hundred times obviously being when he was making 15 minute substitute appearances, playing on the left wing, or generally being expected to play the part of Shearer's dogsbody. Only since Roeder took charge was he allowed to play a goalscoring role within the team.

And if 29 games cannot be considered a full season what can? If it can only be considered a half season, the 12 goals can only be considered as outstanding.

Like I say, you clearly have an irrational vendetta against Shola that cannot cease to end. If it was football related, you'd be willing to give him a chance. I'm guessing you're too stubborn to admit that you were wrong.

he did very well for half a season. pretty much anytime he played last season he was terrible (if he had such a bad hip, he should know not to play and weaken the team, so dont try any of that "loyalty" talk). other than that half a season, he's made 100 first team starts and done very little. its a common misconception that he played loads of games on the left wing, he's played many, many more as a striker and didnt score. as for "shearers dogsbody", another myth to cover his lack of goals. if he was playing in his favourite position regularly he should be scoring goals, regardless of who he's playing beside. but he didnt.

how was i wrong? ive given ameobi a chance. ive given him well over 100 chances and he's rarely impressed me. if he scores 20 goals this year and fires us into europe (like he usually says he will around this time) then i'll be as happy as anyone, but its not happening.

ps. im not the only one on here who doesnt rate ameobi, so maybe that tells you something.

Most important thing is, if Sam rates him like all the previous managers have.

Don't think he'll be first choice, but a good backup for sure.

We will have to wait and see.

Ameobi has had many, many chances to impress.  For me, he never has. This season is his last chance!

Is Sam a 'miracle worker'?

Hope so!

Guest 22bnw

Ameobi has scored pretty regularly when fit since about Jan/ Feb last year. If he stays fit this season and plays a fair bit I can see him getting 12-15 goals easily.

Ameobi has scored pretty regularly when fit since about Jan/ Feb last year. If he stays fit this season and plays a fair bit I can see him getting 12-15 goals easily.

If selected. He is currently 4th choice, I feel.

Ameobi has had many, many chances to impress.  For me, he never has. This season is his last chance!

Didnt realise he was playing just to impress you.

The manager picks him, and in doing so believes he is good enough.

If Sam selects him for competitive matches then he thinks that he is good enough.

FWIW He'll be 4th choice, or Viduka back-up though.

How did you managed to see the goals? any link?

There's highlights up on the web, but I don't know what's allowed to link to and not, so I'm not gonna bother :p

edit: ah, what the hell, it's on dailymotion.

cheers  :thup:

Didn't you?

Well, he failed!

Think he has tried to impress us all, and failed that (for most of us) as well.

Just been told this was covered on Radio Newcastle last night, typical, I mailed them and asked yesterday and was told no they were not covering the match..

But with them you wouldn't have had the expert commentary from height-obsessed, bogeyman fearing bloke.

Think yourself lucky.

Didn't you?   

Well, he failed!    ;D

I'm sure he'll be crushed to find this out,

expect flowers to arrive for you any day now.

O0

Thats who they're from!!  Was wonderin'

Saw the goals on Newcastle World TV as unfortunately I was out last night and missed the play by play. Some good confident goals, albeit against Hartlepool. Glad to see both Shola and Owen grab them and promising future for James Troisi after a good performance last night.

Guest Ridzuan

A great start for Big Sam.Was very surprised with Ameobi getting 2 goals,maybe he has change for the better.And Owen getting one as well,that could only mean more from him as the season goes along.Im sure if Viduka was playing,he would score a couple as well.

Well, "he is (a) very, very big" man,

and all heart too it seems.

Is he now!!

Actually, a female friend of mine, who always notices that sort of thing (!) no matter what us lads are wearing . . .  (she is 'delightfully' pervy to be around!) was in a minor road accident a couple of years ago, with a bloke who turned out to be the mentioned Mr Ameobi. 

Apparantly, he isn't all that big!

Nice to know,

but I was quoting the fantastic commentator for last night's game, Vic Reeves-esque voice, sharp insight, quality patter, and worryingly obsessed with player's heights.

Ah right  -  thought my story was more interesting though!

Well, "he is (a) very, very big" man,

and all heart too it seems.

Is he now!!

Actually, a female friend of mine, who always notices that sort of thing (!) no matter what us lads are wearing . . .  (she is 'delightfully' pervy to be around!) was in a minor road accident a couple of years ago, with a bloke who turned out to be the mentioned Mr Ameobi. 

Apparantly, he isn't all that big!

His NY Yankees Baseball Cap is.... did you see the size of it.... its way too big for him ... or has he just got a little head ?