No Galacticos but good solid defenders needed - Big Sam

Guest sicko2ndbest

Emre & Bayern....again!

I'm getting a bit frustrated at us not making any moves for some much needed defenders. After the Beye rejection it seems we've just ground to a halt, and are not doing enough to get our spending back on track. Takeover & new manager, and we've laid out £1.5m, wow, let the good times roll.

I'd be quite happy to see the back of Emre & Dyer for the right prices £6m+ for each, and spend the lot on one key AMC, but they way we are going we'd just sell them and not bother replacing them.

Emre to Bayern and Lahm coming the other way, if only.

Would be great. Or a Swap between Emre and Appiah, would do also..

You mean send Emre to Fener?

Would love Appiah here regardless of Emre staying or going.

Shame the Campbell rumours soon died down. Would be a great addition, but obvious Harry would want to keep him.

Emre & Bayern....again!

I'm getting a bit frustrated at us not making any moves for some much needed defenders. After the Beye rejection it seems we've just ground to a halt, and are not doing enough to get our spending back on track. Takeover & new manager, and we've laid out £1.5m, wow, let the good times roll.

I'd be quite happy to see the back of Emre & Dyer for the right prices £6m+ for each, and spend the lot on one key AMC, but they way we are going we'd just sell them and not bother replacing them.

Emre to Bayern and Lahm coming the other way, if only.

Would be great. Or a Swap between Emre and Appiah, would do also..

You mean send Emre to Fener?

Would love Appiah here regardless of Emre staying or going.

Shame the Campbell rumours soon died down. Would be a great addition, but obvious Harry would want to keep him.

Yes, that's what i meant....I would also like Appiah here regarledss of Emre staying or going

But i read somewhere that they wanted too much for Appiah and therefore he hasn't left Fenerbache. But if they are interested in Emre that would surely make it easier to get Appiah if there ever was a interest.

These three threads are pretty much the same now

....no galaticos....quality defender....left back...Heinze....7M bid.....Lahm.....Who would you sign?...left back....

We should merge them!

I'm happy for Emre to stay. Last season was tough for him, but he's got a lot of ability. It's just a case of finding a system where he's effective. I favoured keeping him if we were going to play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 like Allardyce did at Bolton. In a 4-4-2, though, it's hard to see him getting a regular start as I'd expect Barton will play when fit. Can't see the two of them being a balanced combination either. So if we need to flog him to get a player who will start, fair enough. But preferrably he'll stay.

These three threads are pretty much the same now

....no galaticos....quality defender....left back...Heinze....7M bid.....Lahm.....Who would you sign?...left back....

We should merge them!

I'm happy for Emre to stay. Last season was tough for him, but he's got a lot of ability. It's just a case of finding a system where he's effective. I favoured keeping him if we were going to play a 4-5-1/4-3-3 like Allardyce did at Bolton. In a 4-4-2, though, it's hard to see him getting a regular start as I'd expect Barton will play when fit. Can't see the two of them being a balanced combination either. So if we need to flog him to get a player who will start, fair enough. But preferrably he'll stay.

i agree mate  :clap: when Emre plays he owns the midfield but he just needs a longer run in the squad

who knows...maybe sam might think hes good enough to start

Guest makemeacupoftea

I'd put Shorey under the category 'Galactico' and IMO we should sign him up straight away, best left back in the world in the making.