Kieran Richardson - stupidest man in football???

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Overall Sunderland stand a greater chance of staying up this season than they did the last they were promoted but the fact of the matter is they are still going to struggle. They don't appear to have learned from old mistakes by continuing to to purchase championship standard player and like Sheffield United last season unless some serious work is done in the remainder of the market I seriously doubt that the single factor of a strong manager will be good enough to keep them up.

There is no doubt Sunderland are in a much improved position to what they were this time two years ago. They have a new board willing to spend money a new manager and improved playing staff. Although Keane is untested in the premier league his strength of character and general managing skills would appear to be greater than that of  the hopeless Mick, who seems to have found his level in the championship. The squad is also a lot stronger with improvements across the board.

However I still feel this won't be enough to keep them up. A while ago I felt serious investment had to be made in the club for them to even have a chance of staying up and to an extent they have invested, however they look no better for it. They've basically signed a combination of unknown quantities and and players who you'd expect to be playing their trade in the championship. You'd have thought a new board and a new manager would have learned from the past the mistakes of the previous regime but it would appear they haven't. It's most likely down to a lack of their own pulling power and the greater pulling power of others, but these players alone lack genuine quality and I feel will struggle to keep Sunderland afloat. The gap between the championship and premiership is bigger than ever before, only few and far between are promoted and establish themselves in a difficult league. There can be no room for passengers, unfortunately for the mackems they have a squad full of them.

Cracking post.  Much better look at things than you get from a lot of our fans, some of whom do think Europe is attainable goal.

Have to agree here. The one (and only)time I was on the SMB (mainly to read about Chopra), I got the sence that the " *puts fingers in ears* nananaNananananananananan I can't heeeeeeaaaaar yooooououuuu" routine was very much alive every time someone questioned the actions of both the board and Keane.

Although champions last season, Sunderland seemed to scrape through a lot of games by the odd goal or with late winners. That of course is commendable but also implies it was a team that was playing at full stretch and the new management team probably helped to squeeze that little extra on occasions.

The year before Reading were comfortably beating every team in the league with plenty to spare.

Therein lies the difference.

As someone said earlier, the 3 worst teams Sunderland will face in the Permiership will be as good (probably better) than the best 3 they faced last season.

They have not strengthened their squad, despite the brave words coming out of the SOL right now. They needed a minimum of 4 quality, established top level players to go with what they had. They have bought none.

A season of struggle at best, and another relegation most likely.

Although champions last season, Sunderland seemed to scrape through a lot of games by the odd goal or with late winners. That of course is commendable but also implies it was a team that was playing at full stretch and the new management team probably helped to squeeze that little extra on occasions.

The year before Reading were comfortably beating every team in the league with plenty to spare.

Therein lies the difference.

I agree with this.  I do recall alot of late winners for the twats

Comments last night from Keane re Hearts keeper:

Sunderland have already seen a £5million offer knocked back by Hearts, but reports have claimed that a £9million bid is in the offing.

Gordon's agent is unaware of any increased offer for the Scotland international, who has been valued in the £10million category.

Though Keane has admitted he would be prepared to spend that sum on a player, he says he is no longer looking to sign Gordon.

"No," Keane told reporters after the friendly win at Darlington when asked if he would continue his interest in the keeper.

"Anyway, we already have two very good goalkeepers at the club, so it is not an issue.

"I will now be looking to strengthen other areas in the squad."

The Sunderland manager also confirmed he is still hoping to add at least two more players to his squad after making five new signings to date.

--

That statement in bold is sure to improve the morale of his current keepers considering he was interested in this guy but has apparently seen sense and decided he's too expensive.

Guest Definitely Maybe

so we get a new chairman, new manager, new signings, and we won't do the same as last season, but sunderland get a new chairman, new manager, new signings, and they will do the same? hows that work then?

1) they still have a squad loaded with s*** players

2) they don't have the prospect of having their most talented players available for more games

3) the best teams they faced last year won't be as good as the worst teams they face this year

whereas we have an XI loaded with international-class players being supplemented with more international-class players, all of whom are likely to be healthier and better rested due to improved conditioning and fewer games (later start, no europe) - we're also playing at the Premiership level, where we've been competing since the league began.

that's how it works

Eh? WE were the best team in the Championship last year. Birmingham and Derby finished 2nd and 3rd, and therefore we will be playing them again this season  ???

There's a lot of mongs on here who can't see past their black and white specs. People are forgetting just how poor this league is - we have a poor squad, but no worse than Fulham, Wigan, Derby and Brum for starters.

The irony of you lot taking the piss for paying over the odds, also....

Guest khyberpass

I'd defo give richardson's cousin a seeing to...anything to shut her up! nice ass mind! and chapel pegs for nips!!

Richardson has shown bursts of class...was another league for the Baggies; and stood out in our England USA tour....

Would normally say the poor lad doesn't deserve a cousin with a gob  like a fog horn and being relegated...but i met him when we got upgraded on plane to Mexico...and he was an arrogant, ignorant cnut. By the time we go off the plane, surprised he could get his head out the door - mouth like cousin as well!(although, I question whether he uses it as well!)

I'd defo give richardson's cousin a seeing to...anything to shut her up! nice ass mind! and chapel pegs for nips!!

Richardson has shown bursts of class...was another league for the Baggies; and stood out in our England USA tour....

Would normally say the poor lad doesn't deserve a cousin with a gob  like a fog horn and being relegated...but i met him when we got upgraded on plane to Mexico...and he was an arrogant, ignorant cnut. By the time we go off the plane, surprised he could get his head out the door - mouth like cousin as well!(although, I question whether he uses it as well!)

I am sure he can! In certain situations  ;)... But in that kind of situation I think I would prefer his cousin, although haven't seen her. (Not based on personal experiences :blush:)