Kieran Richardson - stupidest man in football???

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

What's your starting XI looking like at the minute safc?

I reckon it'll be something like this (but you can never tell with Keane):

Ward

Halford

Collins/Wallace

Nosworthy/Varga  :frantic:

Anderson

Edwards

Richardson

Whitehead

Etuhu

Chopra

Murphy

Obviously not Premiership class, but team spirit may see us at least beat 19 points.  And who knows, especially with how poor the bottom half does look, may be even enough to get 17th if we get in another striker, centre back and left back. Not asking much is it?

Luckly we have a sort of strength in depth in midfield, with some decent-ish players.  Whitehead, Kavanagh, Yorke, Liam Miller, Richardson, Leadbitter, Edwards, Hysen, Wallace and Etuhu, all fighting for 4/5 places.  Just everywhere else on the we're shite tbh. 

With Gordon in nets i believe you'll gain another 8-11pts from him compared to Ward, puts you closer to the points tally. I think you personally need two more £5m players after that to ensure survival.

PS: What the fuk is that in your AV?  :lol:

Obviously not Premiership class, but team spirit may see us at least beat 19 points.  And who knows, especially with how poor the bottom half does look, may be even enough to get 17th if we get in another striker, centre back and left back. Not asking much is it?

There's no chance at all of just over 19 points keeping you up, you'll have to beat 30 to have any hope.  The lowest ever is 34 points, but survival is usually around 40.

:lol:

we have a ridzuan moment here.

Which in English means?  You have to remember that some people don't spend 24 hours on this forum..

Guest optimistic nit

There's no chance at all of just over 19 points keeping you up, you'll have to beat 30 to have any hope.  The lowest ever is 34 points, but survival is usually around 40.

Which in English means?  You have to remember that some people don't spend 24 hours on this forum..

no worries. a ridzuan moment in the internet dictionary is when you take something said off the cuff and sarcasticly literally. safc wasn't suggesting they'd stay up with 19 points, but that this new squad may just beat 19 points, and maybe even go further and finish 17th

Oh he meant the team may even be enough to get 17th, rather then just over 19 points possibly being enough.  Yeah I can see that now that I re-read it.  I thought it was a bit of an insane comment.

dont see why some mackems think hes such a good player

he will have about 10good games probably altogether

hes not worth the money that them dozy c**** pay!  :razz:

Guest optimistic nit

"You have to remember that some people don't spend 24 hours on this forum.."

fuck off :lol:

:blush:

Guest samtoonarmy

I bet the interviewer tried really hard not to laugh when Richardson said that Sunderland are going to get into Europe...I thought he was joking, but he looked really serious when he said it  ;D

He should be a comedian - not a footballer  :razz:

Guest TampaToon

so we get a new chairman, new manager, new signings, and we won't do the same as last season, but sunderland get a new chairman, new manager, new signings, and they will do the same? hows that work then?

1) they still have a squad loaded with s*** players

2) they don't have the prospect of having their most talented players available for more games

3) the best teams they faced last year won't be as good as the worst teams they face this year

whereas we have an XI loaded with international-class players being supplemented with more international-class players, all of whom are likely to be healthier and better rested due to improved conditioning and fewer games (later start, no europe) - we're also playing at the Premiership level, where we've been competing since the league began.

that's how it works

over 17 days man, and it started counting in may 06. the stats suggest otherwise ;)

Well that's only about 50+ minutes a day :)  It'll also include the times I leave the PC without closing the page.  Where do you get those stats anyway?

I thought I'd made my point pretty clearly like.  Looks like Teasy has just taken Kieran's title.  ;) no offence mate

I thought I'd made my point pretty clearly like.  Looks like Teasy has just taken Kieran's title.  ;) no offence mate

My comments aren't in the same league as your latest victim mate... ;)  Ones a misunderstanding, the other is MASSIVELY delusional.

What's your starting XI looking like at the minute safc?

I reckon it'll be something like this (but you can never tell with Keane):

Ward

Halford

Collins/Wallace

Nosworthy/Varga  :frantic:

Anderson

Edwards

Richardson

Whitehead

Etuhu

Chopra

Murphy

Luckly we have a sort of strength in depth in midfield, with some decent-ish players.  Whitehead, Kavanagh, Yorke, Liam Miller, Richardson, Leadbitter, Edwards, Hysen, Wallace and Etuhu, all fighting for 4/5 places.  Just everywhere else on the we're shite tbh. 

With Gordon in nets i believe you'll gain another 8-11pts from him compared to Ward, puts you closer to the points tally. I think you personally need two more £5m players after that to ensure survival.

PS: What the fuk is that in your AV?  :lol:

Gordon would gain us a few more points I agree, but I'm not sure he's worth the £9M, but then if we were to go down we would probably lose more so who knows, probably worth it in the long run as he can only get better.

As for the AV, I just found it here *NSFW*: http://www.distortedview.com/show/board/viewtopic.php?t=4167 *NSFW* and thought it was class.  Quite few good ones there like.

My comments aren't in the same league as your latest victim mate... ;)  Ones a misunderstanding, the other is MASSIVELY delusional.

Just joking mate.  And I agree, that Richardson's are worse.

Cheers bud

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n112/kittenzmewmewmew/YoureAwesome.gif

Just how do i make it work in my profile?

:-[

I just put the image address in the I have my own pic box and it loaded it up.

Cheers bud

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n112/kittenzmewmewmew/YoureAwesome.gif

Just how do i make it work in my profile?

:-[

I just put the image address in the I have my own pic box and it loaded it up.

Tried that. It moves in the profile settings just not in here.

Wierd, might just be too big.

Have this one instead:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/JunkyChunky/ronaldgetsshow.gif

Just tried yours, it works, so will look for something smaller.

Good thinking batman.

Edit: The office one is actually smaller. ???

Overall Sunderland stand a greater chance of staying up this season than they did the last they were promoted but the fact of the matter is they are still going to struggle. They don't appear to have learned from old mistakes by continuing to to purchase championship standard player and like Sheffield United last season unless some serious work is done in the remainder of the market I seriously doubt that the single factor of a strong manager will be good enough to keep them up.

There is no doubt Sunderland are in a much improved position to what they were this time two years ago. They have a new board willing to spend money a new manager and improved playing staff. Although Keane is untested in the premier league his strength of character and general managing skills would appear to be greater than that of  the hopeless Mick, who seems to have found his level in the championship. The squad is also a lot stronger with improvements across the board.

However I still feel this won't be enough to keep them up. A while ago I felt serious investment had to be made in the club for them to even have a chance of staying up and to an extent they have invested, however they look no better for it. They've basically signed a combination of unknown quantities and and players who you'd expect to be playing their trade in the championship. You'd have thought a new board and a new manager would have learned from the past mistakes of the previous regime but it would appear they haven't. It's most likely down to a lack of their own pulling power and the greater pulling power of others, but these players alone lack genuine quality and I feel will struggle to keep Sunderland afloat. The gap between the championship and premiership is bigger than ever before, only few and far between are promoted and establish themselves in a difficult league. There can be no room for passengers, unfortunately for the mackems they have a squad full of them.

Overall Sunderland stand a greater chance of staying up this season than they did the last they were promoted but the fact of the matter is they are still going to struggle. They don't appear to have learned from old mistakes by continuing to to purchase championship standard player and like Sheffield United last season unless some serious work is done in the remainder of the market I seriously doubt that the single factor of a strong manager will be good enough to keep them up.

There is no doubt Sunderland are in a much improved position to what they were this time two years ago. They have a new board willing to spend money a new manager and improved playing staff. Although Keane is untested in the premier league his strength of character and general managing skills would appear to be greater than that of  the hopeless Mick, who seems to have found his level in the championship. The squad is also a lot stronger with improvements across the board.

However I still feel this won't be enough to keep them up. A while ago I felt serious investment had to be made in the club for them to even have a chance of staying up and to an extent they have invested, however they look no better for it. They've basically signed a combination of unknown quantities and and players who you'd expect to be playing their trade in the championship. You'd have thought a new board and a new manager would have learned from the past the mistakes of the previous regime but it would appear they haven't. It's most likely down to a lack of their own pulling power and the greater pulling power of others, but these players alone lack genuine quality and I feel will struggle to keep Sunderland afloat. The gap between the championship and premiership is bigger than ever before, only few and far between are promoted and establish themselves in a difficult league. There can be no room for passengers, unfortunately for the mackems they have a squad full of them.

Cracking post.  Much better look at things than you get from a lot of our fans, some of whom do think Europe is attainable goal.

Guest Samkk

Got this from football365 mailbox

Talking Of Third-Party Deals

I wonder if Fergie was clever enough to put a clause in Kieran Richardson's contract which will force him to play against Man U?

Andy Shiels

and by the way, didn't Keane slag Kieran off in one of his (and the last) infamous outburst in MUTV that got him released by MU? About players not up to MU standard? This must be Kieran's agenda to exact revenge against Keane....