Newcastle delisted from the Stock Exchange - Official

madras

I seem to remember he said his personal errors were "PR" related.  Anyway, even meticulous people do not always get everything right!

Even I was wrong once.

He sure learned that lesson well.

No cos nufc is still a listed company, and u have to stick by the rules till the bitter end..kind of like marriage.

I was told in another thread that Mort has been running things for months (before he was even appointed to the board) without the old board having any involvement. Is that in the rules?

As a number of people in this thread are in the "wait for the review" camp, can someone please answer my questions here. Cheers.

YOUR QUESTIONS / MY ATTEMPTS AT ANSWERS:

*This internal review has been ongoing for 3 weeks now. How much longer do you think it's going to take?

DEPENDS WHAT THEY FIND . . . INEFFICIENCIES/INADEQUATE EMPLOYEES . . .  FRAUD???

*Is 3 weeks not easily long enough to review the major parts of the business which would affect transfers and allow a transfer budget to be assigned? Obviously Allardyce has some money to work with, but it's equally obvious from his comments yesterday that this is currently a limited amount. Ashley has his own people in now who can negotiate the deals, so he'll know what's going on during a new transfer. If a more substantial amount of money is forthcoming, then what's stopping it?

HE IS REVIEWING THE WHOLE BUSINESS THOROUGHLY. REMEMBER HE DIDN'T DO 'DUE DILIGENCE'.

*Reading between the lines of his interview yesterday, Allardyce seems to be almost as much in the dark as we are. Is this review so time intensive that Mort can't even spare an hour to discuss things with the manager of the club at a critical point in the season for transfers?

I THINK THEY WILL BE DISCUSSING THINGS (PROBABLY) EVERY DAY.

*Do you believe that this review is anything more than just a cost cutting exercise and review of the managerial structure? The major monetary ins and outs are all in the club's accounts and will have been reviewed before he bought his first share. Do you think that lots of secret undercover work is being done to find hidden debts or something?

IT IS A REVIEW OF PROCESSES, PROCEDURES, AND PEOPLE - NOT THE 'MAJOR MONETARY INS & OUTS'  -  ALSO, I DO NOT THINK IT IS A COST-CUTTING EXERCISE. THERE IS NO POINT IN "JUST" DOING THAT. NOT WHEN YOU HAVE INVESTED £133m.

*I've repeatedly heard many posters on here claim that the only way Ashley is going to make money from the club is by investing lots in the playing staff to ultimately get us into the CL. If this is the case, then what difference is an internal review going to make to the amount of money spent on the squad? What could it possibly turn up (after 3 weeks) which would significantly change this policy?

ALL OF US HAVE A WAY OF DOING THINGS  -  THIS IS OBVIOUSLY HIS.

MY COMMENTS : The main thing that is holding us back is the review (now that we ARE de-listed, from this morning) - but add to this also, the fact that Ashley/Mort are 'currently inexperienced' in the ways of football transfers and finance. Sam has already commented twice on this - hope it doesn't lose him his job. I really think he has to be careful doing this, suspect Mort will 'have a word' (probably already has).  I think we will look back on this learning-period though, and be glad our owners were initially 'prudent' and took the time to learn. Apart from Manchester Uniteds and (some of) Liverpools player purchases, no-one is buying many that I would want, at this stage. Plenty of time to start getting-it-right!!

Well technically you don't have to be a board memeber to run things inside a company, the board would ratify any major decisions but (from my experience) its non board memebers who actually make the decisions on a day to day basis

Fair enough (you can't expect people at that level to actually do anything other than sign pieces of paper for a paultry half a million a year  ;) ). The implication was though that the board was bypassed.

Getting back off topic, Shepherd has no say in anything which happens at the club, he's not even in a position to ask somebody to fill the bog roll holders up.  Fact.

BBC

Newcastle United has withdrawn from the London Stock Exchange after being taken over by billionaire Mike Ashley.

The Lillywhite's and Sports World owner took over the Premiership club in June after chairman Freddy Shepherd agreed to sell his 28% stake for £37.6m.

Subsequent share purchases took Mr Ashley's holding over the 75% mark, which triggered a full takeover.

Mr Ashley's 101p a share takeover offer, made by his company St James' Holdings, valued the club at £131m.

"The directors of Newcastle United wish to announce that, following an application to the UK Listing Authority, the listing of the company's ordinary shares of 5p each on the Official List has been cancelled," the firm said.

"The shares have ceased trading on the London Stock Exchange, in each case with effect from 8am this morning," it added in a statement.

News of the delisting was a formality after Mr Ashley's stake in the club passed the 90% level.

Last week, Mr Ashley announced that he had amassed a 94.5% stake in the club, but he also said he would extend his share purchase offer to remaining shareholders until August.

Guest Invicta_Toon

"News of the delisting was a formality"

wow. wonder what that means manorpark

You 'avin-a-go' like?

Did I ever say we would not be de-listing?

no you said it was a major milestone dictating the point at which Ashley would start doing something

You 'avin-a-go' like?

no you said it was a major milestone dictating the point at which Ashley would start doing something

And it is! Yes it is. This happened at 08.00 this morning. Did you want him to buy Deco at 08.01?

Still need to finish the Strategic Review though . . .  cough!!

Guest Invicta_Toon

You 'avin-a-go' like?

And it is! Yes it is. This happened at 08.00 this morning. Did you want him to buy Deco at 08.01?

seriously, tell me why he wouldn't have 1 week ago?

You 'avin-a-go' like?

You are persistant.  I said I was not going to debate that point (again) as it has been thoroughly discussed and answered (and it is 'obvious' anyway). So pack it in!!

Guest Invicta_Toon

You 'avin-a-go' like?

You are persistant.  I said I was not going to debate that point (again) as it has been thoroughly discussed and answered (and it is 'obvious' anyway). So pack it in!!

it's not fucking obvious FFS

You 'avin-a-go' like?

it's not f****** obvious FFS

It is.

Guest Invicta_Toon

You 'avin-a-go' like?

It is.

only to you tbh, which says it all

You 'avin-a-go' like?

It is.

take away the names and it's like vic's arguning with himself

You 'avin-a-go' like?

It is.

take away the names and it's like vic's arguning with himself

Just looked in the mirror . . . . . .  SH*T, its TRRRRRUE !!!!!!

Suppose it suits his style (private) being off the LSE, so he doesnt have to disclose every bit of financial spending to the city.

I hope this does signal a greater release of funds to Allardyce.

Can't really see how this changes anything in regards to signings etc.

If it means that Ashley is now prepared to spend some of HIS own cash within the club, then it changes things a lot.

if ?

like plenty have already said the delisting wouldn't make a difference business wise.yes any acquisitions would have to be announced to the stock exchange and that may cost money but is tiny compared to the ammount we'd have to spend by losing out on the players needed.

If it means that Ashley is now prepared to spend some of HIS own cash within the club, then it changes things a lot.

if ?

like plenty have already said the delisting wouldn't make a difference business wise.yes any acquisitions would have to be announced to the stock exchange and that may cost money but is tiny compared to the ammount we'd have to spend by losing out on the players needed.

I don't know who these "plenty" are, but they are wrong.

There are probably more knowledgeable people on here about this subject, who can explain it better than I could, but having your own private limited company is about as different as you can get to running a public, listed, having-to-account-for-eveything PLC.

if ?

There are probably more knowledgeable people on here about this subject, who can explain it better than I could, but having your own private limited company is about as different as you can get to running a public, listed, having-to-account-for-eveything PLC.

me,vic and keefaz on this page alone and it's been covered in hte main takeover thread.

yes i know it is different running a private concern to a PLC. but i've yet to read one decent reason why he'd hang on till delisting knowikng that would happen anyway.

if ?

me,vic and keefaz on this page alone and it's been covered in hte main takeover thread.

yes i know it is different running a private concern to a PLC. but i've yet to read one decent reason why he'd hang on till delisting knowikng that would happen anyway.

Either way, are we all in agreement (do you think) that Ashley should now put his money where his mouth is(n't)?

if ?

Either way, are we all in agreement (do you think) that Ashley should now put his money where his mouth is(n't)?

aye

if ?

aye

and the sooner the better!