John Terry is now the highest paid player in England

Skirge

Guest brewer

He might not be THAT good but I think he's worth it - to Chelsea at least. If that makes sense. 

Numerous players could do what Terry does for Chelsea, it's just he's homegrown and all that shit.

Carvalho could do it.

£131,000 a week  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007330304,00.html

JT to be Prem's top earner

From IAN McGARRY in LA

July 19, 2007

CHELSEA have agreed a new £6.8million-a-year deal with John Terry which will make him the highest-paid player in England.

SunSport can reveal the Blues expect their skipper to sign a £131,000-per-week contract when they return to England next week.

Chelsea are in the USA on a pre-season tour and Terry’s agent Aaron Lincoln flew out to Los Angeles last weekend.

Negotiations with chief executive Peter Kenyon on the England defender’s five-year deal have been going on all this week.

As revealed by SunSport three weeks ago, Roman Abramovich demanded the contract disputes with Terry, 26, and Frank Lampard be resolved in America.

The Blues owner arrived in LA yesterday to shake hands on the Terry deal — and the Russian billionaire will now meet Lampard to discuss his future.

Lamps and JT, who was on £68,000 a week, argued they should be on a par with Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack, who earn £121,000.

Chelsea have finally agreed and now hope Lampard, 29, will extend his contract, which has two years to run.

Boss Jose Mourinho and Rom celebrated the Terry agreement with a drink at the team’s Beverley Hills Hotel.

£500,000 DREAM TEAM

Mourinho is determined not to lose Lamps or Arjen Robben — who is being chased by Real Madrid.

Mourinho said: “He’s a player like Frank Lampard with two more years of contract. So, in this moment, I look at him as a Chelsea player.”

Terry suffered a suspected broken toe during Tuesday night’s friendly win over Suwon Bluewings.

He will be assessed by club doctors today.

Premier League's top earners

1= Andriy Shevchenko, Michael Ballack (both Chelsea) £121,000 a week

3 Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) £120,000

4 Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd) £119,000

5= Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Michael Owen (Newcastle) £110,000

7= Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd) £100,000

9= Fernando Torres (Liverpool), Didier Drogba (Chelsea) £90,000.

Its not funny any more! :(

It's insane, but if that is Chelsea's wage 'structure' then Terry should be at or very near the top of it. Serves them right for paying way over the odds for Ballack and Shevchenko (2 players they didn't need) in the first place. I agree though, I'd be annoyed if I was Drogba.

Essien and Carvalho cant be too pleased, Carvalho is as good if not better than Terry, and Essien is an incredible player. I read somewhere that Joe Cole has recently signed a new deal on 90k per week! What a wage bill!

It's insane, but if that is Chelsea's wage 'structure' then Terry should be at or very near the top of it. Serves them right for paying way over the odds for Ballack and Shevchenko (2 players they didn't need) in the first place. I agree though, I'd be annoyed if I was Drogba.

Guest sombrero

if each player continues to ask for more money as they see terry is getting more and maybe ashley cole or drogba, then wouldnt the club at one point get screwed because their wage bill would be so high they club will run into financial problems. i know RA is there but u know how it is, u cant have one premiership team paying at least 100000 to each player its rediculous, its either gotta stop somewhere or blow up in their face. thats what i hope we dont start doing.