Players that could (should?) have been great?

Guest Knightrider

Goals for England.

Argentina x3 - Will give that, although fuck off with your friendlies. :lol:

Brazil x2

France

Germany x3 - They were shite that night, and round about that time.  Emile fucking Heskey scored.

Portugal

For Liverpool.

Man Utd x6

Chelsea x4 - Before they were Chelski.  I'm talking big/successful teams, as they say.  The European nights etc, Man U etc.

Arsenal x4

Newcastle x12 - The amount says it all, fucksake. :lol: 

Celtic - Meh

Celta Vigo - :lol:

Roma

Porto

B Munich

Barcelona

For Real Madrid.

Dynamo Kiev - Stop it.

Valencia

Zaragoza x2 - Call the press! :frantic:

Betis - Stop it again.

Barcelona

I realise I'm being a tad cynical, but I still stand by my point.  He hides in these games, pops up with a moment of flair.  His days when a youngster he was involved in the game a whole lot more. 

Marcelo Salas?

Not for me, if we are talking of Inter players then I always loved watching Sosi (?), the South American.

Signori too, he was some player.

I think Salas only played for Juventus and Lazio.

Who's Sosi?

Guest Knightrider

Marcelo Salas?

Not for me, if we are talking of Inter players then I always loved watching Sosi (?), the South American.

Who's Sosi?

SOSA, got him wrong. Could have sworn Salas played for Inter, getting him mixed up with that other Chilean striker whose name now escapes me.

Marcelo Salas?

Who's Sosi?

SOSA, got him wrong. Could have sworn Salas played for Inter, getting him mixed up with that other Chilean striker whose name now escapes me.

Zamorano.

Marcelo Salas?

Who's Sosi?

Ivan Zamarano.

Still don't know who Sosa is! Not Paulo Sousa, is it?! :lol:

Guest Knightrider

I think more importantly Owen has big game mentality, like Shearer in that sense. Trust him 100% to deliver the goods in a big game, even if it never came off, he would be the player to make it happen for us. Maybe not these days but in his pomp.

Guest Knightrider

Marcelo Salas?

Who's Sosi?

Ivan Zamarano.

Still don't know who Sosa is! Not Paulo Sosa, is it?! :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_Sosa

Outrageous talent, and a bit of a mentalist if I remember right :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Ruben Sosa was it?

Guy with the wand of a left foot IIRC? Can't say I ever saw him play much, though.

He was brilliant for a while, scored some amazing goals and was very much Inter's talisman during a few barren years for them Championship wise, and star of Gazzetta's goals of the week competitions.

Marcelo Salas?

Who's Sosi?

Ivan Zamarano.

Still don't know who Sosa is! Not Paulo Sosa, is it?! :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rub%C3%A9n_Sosa

Outrageous talent, and a bit of a mentalist if I remember right :lol:

Oh him.

Nah..Never seen him play.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Roberto Baggio

That man is a true legend in every sense of the word.

Could of been, shame he never realised his true potential

Goals for England.

Argentina x3 - Will give that, although f*** off with your friendlies. :lol:

Brazil x2

France

Germany x3 - They were s**** that night, and round about that time.  Emile f****** Heskey scored.

Portugal

For Liverpool.

Man Utd x6

Chelsea x4 - Before they were Chelski.  I'm talking big/successful teams, as they say.  The European nights etc, Man U etc.

Arsenal x4

Newcastle x12 - The amount says it all, fucksake. :lol: 

Celtic - Meh

Celta Vigo - :lol:

Roma

Porto

B Munich

Barcelona

For Real Madrid.

Dynamo Kiev - Stop it.

Valencia

Zaragoza x2 - Call the press! :frantic:

Betis - Stop it again.

Barcelona

I realise I'm being a tad cynical, but I still stand by my point.  He hides in these games, pops up with a moment of flair.  His days when a youngster he was involved in the game a whole lot more. 

You're being a bit more than a tad cynical mate, he's a goalscorer and he scores against the better teams as well as the shite ones, to me his record of 216 goals in 433 games in the Premiership, cups, LaLiga and Internationals is very good.

The "goes missing in big games" can be put against anyone, Messi last week in the final went missing, RVN scored loads in the CL group stages for Man Utd but only managed 4 in the knockout stages, Henry often gets accused of this by other teams fans, including doing fuck all when France won the World cup and the Euro's, Ronaldinho in the last World cup etc.

Roberto Baggio

That man is a true legend in every sense of the word.

Could of been, shame he never realised his true potential

Think you're being a bit harsh to be honest.  He reached the top, for me.

Billy Kenny was Steven Gerrard about ten years earlier.

Unfortunately for him he was in with the wrong crowd and after an injury lay off got heavily on the booze and drugs and ending up robbing from the training ground. Sad. He's still only in his 30's now and plays for local amateur teams on a Sunday.

Guest brewer

The "goes missing in big games" can be put against anyone,

:clap: It's an awful argument tbh. There isn't a player in existance who can say they've performed in every big game. And then there's the whole 'what is a big game' thing; Cup Finals, local derbies, league clinchers, knockout games etc.