Crowd Problems At Carlisle....A Joke ?

Jamie

Don't know why the fans were climbing on the fence in the first half to see, because there was loads of room down the bottom of the terrace. Gaps everywhere.

i was in the Wehterspoons by the station at 10.30am y'day and there were a number of groups of very handy looking lads in there already who were already on the lash. stone island, paul and shark, adidas gazelles, you know the uniform.

they were keeping an eye on what the bizzies were up to and generally looking like they weren't just there for the match.

I said to my lass that it looked like things would kick off a bit later in the day.

and then loads of bother in carlisle and a train back nearly an hour late due to nufc fans pulling the emrgency passanger braske thing and fighting amongst themselves,even with coppers on the train.

embarrassing sometimes.

I wonder if that was the special train that left after ours. We were on the 5:20, and it took nigh on 2 hours for us to get back. Talk about slow! Standing room only, and the cops on the outside kept telling people they had to move up the train but there was no where to move to. Bloody idiots! They just wanted rid of the NUFC fans asap.

liar...it was 5 mins late after leaving late too allow(in my opinion )too many on,then waiting at prudhoe (i think )after someone pulled the chord.the guard said they were taking longer at each station to allow people a chance to fight through the crowd and get off.left carlisle about 5-25 arrived newcastle bang on 6

Aye it was, because at Prudhoe they didn't open the doors to let us off who wanted to get off there and train started to pull away again so the bloke pulled the brake, i was stood next to him, as he wanted to get off n all. Train i got after to come back into town for a night out had people getting soaked with the fire extinguisher, people pissing in the sink and standing on the table and all sorts.

On a seperate note first time ive sat in the home end at an away match and i won't be in a hurry to do that again.

Guest WashyGeordie

The Non-stop train @ 6.01 for Newcastle fans was fine.

I seen the man with blood on his face but nothing else due to violence.

I sat right at the back on CBS section 2. Good atmosphere. Didnt have any problems with seat #'s etc, although there was no seat # on our ticket. (Didnt know other people had seat #'s on. And somehow i asked for standing, but yet i was in the CBS when the 'standing' section was the Pettril stand..

But overall i had a good day.

Guest LucasUnger

The Non-stop train @ 6.01 for Newcastle fans was fine.

I seen the man with blood on his face but nothing else due to violence.

I sat right at the back on CBS section 2. Good atmosphere. Didnt have any problems with seat #'s etc, although there was no seat # on our ticket. (Didnt know other people had seat #'s on. And somehow i asked for standing, but yet i was in the CBS when the 'standing' section was the Pettril stand..

But overall i had a good day.

i'm really glad u enjoyed your trip ;)

and then loads of bother in carlisle and a train back nearly an hour late due to nufc fans pulling the emrgency passanger braske thing and fighting amongst themselves,even with coppers on the train.

embarrassing sometimes.

I wonder if that was the special train that left after ours. We were on the 5:20, and it took nigh on 2 hours for us to get back. Talk about slow! Standing room only, and the cops on the outside kept telling people they had to move up the train but there was no where to move to. Bloody idiots! They just wanted rid of the NUFC fans asap.

liar...it was 5 mins late after leaving late too allow(in my opinion )too many on,then waiting at prudhoe (i think )after someone pulled the chord.the guard said they were taking longer at each station to allow people a chance to fight through the crowd and get off.left carlisle about 5-25 arrived newcastle bang on 6

Aye it was, because at Prudhoe they didn't open the doors to let us off who wanted to get off there and train started to pull away again so the bloke pulled the brake, i was stood next to him, as he wanted to get off n all. Train i got after to come back into town for a night out had people getting soaked with the fire extinguisher, people pissing in the sink and standing on the table and all sorts.

On a seperate note first time ive sat in the home end at an away match and i won't be in a hurry to do that again.

you mean it was you that pulled it :shifty:.i was surprised it didn't happen more and if it hadn't happened in a station god knows how long it would have took for the driver to get passed everyone to re-set it.

Guest Geordiesned

embarrassing sometimes.

I must have been stood right next to you - I was right next to the bloke that pulled the cord as well.

embarrassing sometimes.

I must have been stood right next to you - I was right next to the bloke that pulled the cord as well.

anyone else on the 1720 then,i was at the front end.