is it really so hard?

Guest LucasUnger

Guest LucasUnger

i know we all have talked about this before. but i can't believe that it's so hard to find the right players! :tickedoff:

i really do think we have the money (15-25 mil) and sam knows that we are still short of players with the league kicking off in only 20 days!!!!

we need at least another 3 players for our starting XI if we want to compete with the top 6 -8.  our pre season started really good with some decent signings but i'm really frustrated at the moment with nothing going on in newcastle.

with this squad i don't think we can stay in the top 10. do you?

still no fuckin left back for the first games.  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

i know we all have talked about this before. but i can't believe that it's so hard to find the right players! :tickedoff:

i really do think we have the money (15-25 mil) and sam knows that we are still short of players with the league kicking off in only 20 days!!!!

we need at least another 3 players for our starting XI if we want to compete with the top 6 -8.  our pre season started really good with some decent signings but i'm really frustrated at the moment with nothing going on in newcastle.

with this squad i don't think we can stay in the top 10. do you?

still no fuckin left back for the first games.  :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Kneejerk tastic.

Guest LucasUnger

Bring back Freddie Shepherd I say.

At least he backed his managers.

it really looks like this atm

Give over man. :lol:

Give it a bit of time before making judgements, Ashley has only just completed a full takeover and you expect him to be flouncing around 20 odd million in a business he's new to. We don't know how Sheperd did his dealings, it was probably all borrowed or a lot of it was which didn't help our financial state and not forgetting buying and selling players without the managers say so, lets just wait and see what happens.

Guest LucasUnger

Give it a bit of time before making judgements, Ashley has only just completed a full takeover and you expect him to be flouncing around 20 odd million in a business he's new to. We don't know how Sheperd did his dealings, it was probably all borrowed or a lot of it was which didn't help our financial state and not forgetting buying and selling players without the managers say so, lets just wait and see what happens.

true but hurry up, please

How do you know Ashley won't buy players without the managers say so?

Everybody believes that he's looking for a "World superstar" to show his intent for the club and even Allardyce had to come out and say he wanted defenders first, defenders that the board seem to not want to free the cash up for in a hurry.

Everybody believes that he's looking for a "World superstar" to show his intent for the club and even Allardyce had to come out and say he wanted defenders first, defenders that the board seem to not want to free the cash up for in a hurry.

That was my main point, everyone seems to be assuming things at this early stage, we can't make judgement until the window has closed and the season progresses.

Guest LucasUnger

That was my main point, everyone seems to be assuming things at this early stage, we can't make judgement until the window has closed and the season progresses.

well i don't want to start with 2 point from 4 games though.

Ashley does? the only way he makes money is through the success of Newcastle United, there's still 3 weeks to bring in players before the 1st game at Bolton, if we haven't done much then, that's the time to worry.

I think we've been spoiled with four players in quick succession which has left us gagging for more instantly. But let's not forget...it's been a week or so and not months.

Let's be a little more patient and see what this week brings.  :angel:

Then if nothing happens...SACK THE BOARD!  >:D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

O0

What do you expect Allardyce to do? Teams don't want to give up their players easily and we aren't in the position whereby we can go around throwing money at other teams for their players because it's simply not good business.

The point is we play our first Premiership game in 20 days yet the only natural defenders we have are Taylor (injured) Rozenhal, Carr, Ramage, Babayaro (injured) Huntington and Edgar, people have the right to ask questions about the lack of defenders coming in especially as Allardyce himself has said the new board are acting too slow in the transfer market.

That's not to say these players won't come in but anyone who's not concerned and are using blind faith are fucking idiots as far as I'm concerned.

I think we've been spoiled with four players in quick succession which has left us gagging for more instantly. But let's not forget...it's been a week or so and not months.

Let's be a little more patient and see what this week brings.  :angel:

Then if nothing happens...SACK THE BOARD!  >:D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not really when you look at the number of players we've released.

We've also only had to negotiate a fee with PSG for all of the players we've signed, the other's were free or had release clauses.

Ashley does? the only way he makes money is through the success of Newcastle United, there's still 3 weeks to bring in players before the 1st game at Bolton, if we haven't done much then, that's the time to worry.

It's not, he knows as well as anyone else that 50,000 will turn out for most Premiership games even if we're around mid table, if he really wants to make money out of Newcastle he can easily operate on a small budget and take the new tv deal money for himself.

It's not, he knows as well as anyone else that 50,000 will turn out for most Premiership games even if we're around mid table, if he really wants to make money out of Newcastle he can easily operate on a small budget and take the new tv deal money for himself.

Because getting higher in the league and playing in Europe really doesn't make you much money?

Ashley isn't going to sit there and just hope we make money being an average team.

So you think he invested 170m or whatever it was to buy Newcastle to pick up crowd and t.v revenue? he already owns several companies and earns a hell of a lot of money. I seriously doubt he's spent so much on the club to just make a tidy profit, i think fans are forgetting the fact he's just spent so much on the club and expect him to hand out another 50m.

Because getting higher in the league and playing in Europe really doesn't make you much money?

Ashley isn't going to sit there and just hope we make money being an average team.

But is the extra money of coming higher in the league and qualifying for CL worth it to him when you consider how much he'll have to pay out in transfers?

Or could he be content at a top 8 finish without putting the money in needed to qualify for the Champions League?

So you think he invested 170m or whatever it was to buy Newcastle to pick up crowd and t.v revenue? he already owns several companies and earns a hell of a lot of money. I seriously doubt he's spent so much on the club to just make a tidy profit, i think fans are forgetting the fact he's just spent so much on the club and expect him to hand out another 50m.

He's bought the club to make money, Mort has already said the bloke isn't even a fan of the club.

Why do you think he's bought the club?

To spunk all of his money on transfers to make the fans happy?