No Ashley transfer funds! Yet!

Guest Brazilianbob

I think we will see a flurry of activity back end of next week. Its just like a game of domino rally.

Could someone make a new thread please? If you read through the whole of this one (which has taken me all morning, taking the odd break to do some work), its just different people saying the same things again and again. And again. We need a new thread on here, one with new ideas and a new vision for the future. A thread about Albert Luque.

Agreed. We need some new threads. I know everyone  is slightly demoralised right now but I'll be damned, can we please find something new to talk about!

How about Geremi? I think some will be quite surprised to find he will be our defensive midfielder this season, just like he was when he started off at Real Madrid.

NE5--Would you mind answering the question "would you rather fred were still here or would you rather take the risk with ashley ?"

i've read your previous answers and they don't seem to make sense,you see when i asked my wife to marry me i'd have been pissed off had she replied "well my answer depends on how you treet me in our first few years" when i voted at the general election there was no box marked "depends on what happens in the next couple of years."

it's a question for now,i wish we could do it your way,no-one would ever make a mistake.

I didn't hear Ashley say he was going to bankroll managers, did you ? Has he had any previous experience of owning football clubs so we can judge him ?

If you did, please show me a link.

I wouldn't have liked that hedge fund though, and quite a lot of chairman at other premiership and big city clubs around the country either.

can i take it you would have preferred fred had stayed and ashley never took over then ?

please don't answer anything about seeing what ashley does as what he does in the future has sod all bearing on feelings now.

I think you should find where I say that or anything like it.

Please explain why anyone should have a judgement on Ashley's intentions or ambitions, when he has not ran a football club before, nor told anyone what his intentions and ambitions are ?

I'm a bit surprised that you appear to be believing in fairies like numerous other people, I thought you were more pragmatic than that to be honest.

Nobody here has any idea at all what Ashleys intentions are, you are only saying he will spend his money because you want him to, we all want him to.

Unfortunately, you can't demand that or expect it. Its his money and its up to him. Please don't you - or anyone else - say that he should just because he's the new owner and you want him to, because he doesn't. Significantly, he is a businessman, he can make small profits without being hugely successful, whereas if he was a keen football supporter, or better still a Newcastle supporter, he would have more urge to succeed on the pitch. I said this once before and was slightly slaughtered for it. And has been said by someone else, the money he has bought the club with is irrelevant, because he can just sell the club on in due course if he wants to do so.

Please explain why anyone should have a judgement on Ashley's intentions or ambitions, when he has not ran a football club before, nor told anyone what his intentions and ambitions are ?

I'm a bit surprised that you appear to be believing in fairies like numerous other people, I thought you were more pragmatic than that to be honest.

Nobody here has any idea at all what Ashleys intentions are, you are only saying he will spend his money because you want him to, we all want him to.

Unfortunately, you can't demand that or expect it. Its his money and its up to him. Please don't you - or anyone else - say that he should just because he's the new owner and you want him to, because he doesn't. Significantly, he is a businessman, he can make small profits without being hugely successful, whereas if he was a keen football supporter, or better still a Newcastle supporter, he would have more urge to succeed on the pitch. I said this once before and was slightly slaughtered for it. And has been said by someone else, the money he has bought the club with is irrelevant, because he can just sell the club on in due course if he wants to do so.

Not being a Newcastle supporter might work in his favour as he'll be less likely to allow his heart to rule his head.  As for just selling the club, you could be right but nobody knows if he'd find a buyer, two looked before him and walked away for some reason after looking at the books.

Not being a Newcastle supporter might work in his favour as he'll be less likely to allow his heart to rule his head.  As for just selling the club, you could be right but nobody knows if he'd find a buyer, two looked before him and walked away for some reason after looking at the books.

Rubbish. Ever tried to sell a house ? It goes in the end.

Simple fact is, people like you harped on that the club would be better with simply anyone but Fred and the Halls, Ashley is and was one of the better prospects, and you still aren't happy.

You don't know his intentions, and you never did. Nobody did. Maybe they are not what you automatically presumed, foolishly. Just as well it wasn't Belgravia or in the long run, you would really have had something to complain about, more than you imagine.

Also, get used to not being fed this information. Having someone reluctant to give it out is what you wanted, so don't complain about that either.

Simple fact is, people like you harped on that the club would be better with simply anyone but Fred and the Halls, Ashley is and was one of the better prospects, and you still aren't happy.

You don't know his intentions, and you never did. Nobody did. Maybe they are not what you automatically presumed, foolishly. Just as well it wasn't Belgravia or in the long run, you would really have had something to complain about, more than you imagine.

Also, get used to not being fed this information. Having someone reluctant to give it out is what you wanted, so don't complain about that either.

:D

Guest sicko2ndbest

We do know what Ashley's intentions are though? I thought he said he wanted to make us into one of the "top clubs" again...

Wasnt that the 'source' that told the NOTW

Yes I have tried to sell a house, sometimes they go for less that you ask, have a look around and see how many are displaying "Price Reduced."

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8863/reduceduz9.jpg

As for the rest of your post, it’s a load of rubbish.  When have I ever said I wasn't happy with the takeover?  Seriously, you're looking dafter with each post you make as you seem to be trying your best to make what you say look as if it's actually true.

I have made very few presumptions other than we seem to have a better future as a club then we did a couple of months ago, even if some people are a bit nervous about the pace of change.

As for being fed on information, I find it refreshing that we're not being fed on shit for a change, something else I find refreshing.  Have you seen me complaining about the lack of information coming out?

Yes I have tried to sell a house, sometimes they go for less that you ask, have a look around and see how many are displaying "Price Reduced."

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/8863/reduceduz9.jpg

As for the rest of your post, it’s a load of rubbish.  When have I ever said I wasn't happy with the takeover?  Seriously, you're looking dafter with each post you make as you seem to be trying your best to make what you say look as if it's actually true.

I have made very few presumptions other than we seem to have a better future as a club then we did a couple of months ago, even if some people are a bit nervous about the pace of change.

As for being fed on information, I find it refreshing that we're not being fed on shit for a change, something else I find refreshing.  Have you seen me complaining about the lack of information coming out?

Not yet you haven't. You will become fed up further down the line if the club dont' tell you anything, although you won't admit it, especially now you've just posted the comments above.

BTW you said  nobody knows if he'd find a buyer, two looked before him and walked away for some reason after looking at the books. and I responded with the perfectly relevant reply of   Rubbish. Ever tried to sell a house ? It goes in the end.

If he wanted shot of it he would sell it on and furthermore wouldn't give a toss who bought it either, even if it said "price reduced", just like when you sell your house

Not yet you haven't. You will become fed up further down the line if the club dont' tell you anything, although you won't admit it, especially now you've just posted the comments above.

BTW you said  nobody knows if he'd find a buyer, two looked before him and walked away for some reason after looking at the books. and I responded with the perfectly relevant reply of   Rubbish. Ever tried to sell a house ? It goes in the end.

If he wanted shot of it he would sell it on and furthermore wouldn't give a toss who bought it either, even if it said "price reduced", just like when you sell your house

Your first comment is pathetic, you're now predicting what I'm going do say or do in the future and using it against me, laughable.  Do you think I'll claim that the mods changed my post and that I didn't say it?

Regarding "Price Reduced," your actual comment I responded to was "he can make small profits without being hugely successful," now you seem to accept that he could sell at a reduced price, I wonder if that's how he became so rich?

Your first comment is pathetic, you're now predicting what I'm going do say or do in the future and using it against me, laughable.  Do you think I'll claim that the mods changed my post and that I didn't say it?

Regarding "Price Reduced," your actual comment I responded to was "he can make small profits without being hugely successful," now you seem to accept that he could sell at a reduced price, I wonder if that's how he became so rich?

Shame, but I think your comment is laughable, like most of your comments.

You have no judgement of anything. Everything the Halls and Shepherd did was wrong in your eyes, and everything Ashley does is great.  :laugh:

I really don't care how he became rich, I'm putting forward a scenario as to how he may run the club - but then again he may not - the simple fact is you won't even entertain this idea, because you just don't want to.

Talk about being blind.

You have no judgement of anything. Everything the Halls and Shepherd did was wrong in your eyes, and everything Ashley does is great.  :laugh:

I really don't care how he became rich, I'm putting forward a scenario as to how he may run the club - but then again he may not - the simple fact is you won't even entertain this idea, because you just don't want to.

Talk about being blind.

It looks like we're playing a version of Internet snap now, if I say something it comes back like an echo.

I have no judgement on anything yet you've just said that I'll get fed up somewhere down the line if the club don't tell me anything, would that not be me making a judgement?

You have put forward a scenario and it could come true although it doesn't seem to be a scenario which is likely to happen.

Talk about being blind.

It looks like we're playing a version of Internet snap now, if I say something it comes back like an echo.

I have no judgement on anything yet you've just said that I'll get fed up somewhere down the line if the club don't tell me anything, would that not be me making a judgement?

You have put forward a scenario and it could come true although it doesn't seem to be a scenario which is likely to happen.

why not

You DO appear to have made a "judgement",  it is in bold.

My options are open, nothing has happened that wouldn't have happened under the old board so far. Until it does nobody can say either way if we are better off or not. Meaning that, so far, we are exactly the same.

Are you not worried that Allardyce has said players have elected to go elsewhere ? Bear in mind that last summer, a player turned Liverpool down to come here. Ignore that if you like, as I expect that you will.

Can we lock all these threads please, it's starting to get boring now.

Don't bother reading it then. Its a message board. Go and talk about signing Ronaldhino and half the worlds superstars elsewhere, I find that boring and also very stupid.

Of course we can, while we're at it can we lock the thread about playing some football game tonight?

It bores the tits off me.

Of course we can, while we're at it can we lock the thread about playing some football game tonight?

At least that doesn't go round in circles mate.

why not

You DO appear to have made a "judgement",  it is in bold.

My options are open, nothing has happened that wouldn't have happened under the old board so far. Until it does nobody can say either way if we are better off or not. Meaning that, so far, we are exactly the same.

Are you not worried that Allardyce has said players have elected to go elsewhere ? Bear in mind that last summer, a player turned Liverpool down to come here. Ignore that if you like, as I expect that you will.

We are never going to agree on this.

I think it's very unlikely that Ashley is going to try and run the club on a shoe-string and hope to make money but it is possible.

You say nothing has happened that wouldn't have happened under the old board so far, I disagree to a certain extent because I believe that the club is being looked at from top to bottom with a view of running it in a more professional manner than previously, I could be wrong.

Regarding the Allardyce comments, I'm not worried because I have no idea why these deals have failed, if they're a sign of things to come and a sign that money is not being given to the manager then yes.  If it's because we're reacting too slowly then I'm not worried because the new people will learn, they’ll adapt.  If it's us not being ripped off by clubs who now think we'll pay anything because of our new owner then they'll learn that this will not happen.  I don't see why we should follow the example of Chelsea and throw money at anybody just to get them, it's a balancing act and it's a lesson that the new owners will have to learn, other clubs, players and agents will also have to learn that maybe we’re not going to get ripped off in future.  I wish we’d used these principles while Souness was here, we might be in a better state now if we’d employed these methods.

At least that doesn't go round in circles mate.

Seriously mate, you should stop harping on. Each to their own, I agree with Mick that prolonged discussion about every game, game after game, is pretty much the same thing. I think that is going round in circles, so stopped reading them ages ago.

There are plenty of other threads and topics for you to read if you don't really want to listen to a view that you don't want to listen to because it maybe doesn't suit you, or anything else that you don't particularly want to read.

I pick and choose my threads, and my guess is that a lot of people do the same.

Alternatively, nobody is stopping you from telling me that Ashley is going to pour in a few hundred million like Abramovic has done it thats what you believe.

It's not the only thread about this though, there's several.

I know about the others, it can become a pain when the same thing gets dragged from thread to thread.  It's not easy to stop because a thread can be started for some reason then they move closer to what's being talked about in others, before you know it they're almost duplicates of each other.