Who we could have had

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

Haim

Distin

Sidwell

Beye

That's 4 quality squad additions to go with the 4 we've already signed.

It isn't as if Sam hasn't tried and even though there is still more work to be done, this has been, by previous attempts, a fruitful window.

Bit of a Bullseye style thread you mean? ;) I am always annoyed at the thought we could have had Distin and Upson about 4-5 years ago for what we payed for Bramble.

Who the fuck's Haim?

Ben Haim then.

:laugh: My mate thought Lua Lua was his full name. Kept calling him Lua.

Edit: Not the same lad who wondered how Les Ferdinand had been knighted btw.

We cudda been contenders....

What film is that off again? "I cudda been a contender" ??  Something old with Cary Grant or something.

Close :lol:

Guest David Kelly

I don't think anyone is blaming SA or thinking he's not doing anything about the situation.  But the fact is at this stage we couldn't field a team that didn't either have players playing out of position or Carr and Babayarou!

Guest DavB93

Just got back from been away over the weekend, anyone know who this player is over the weekend that the club accepted our offer but the player turned us down?

We should never have not signed Distin back in 2002. We should have just given him the pay he wanted (was it parity with Robert he was after? Doesn't sound unreasonable to me), rather than Bramble. But Robson could do no wrong could he...

Pompey aren't going to concede many this season by the way. Looking at them today, they look solid as f*ck. Great keeper, two massive f*ck off beastly centre-halves, good set of full-backs to choose from (Hreidarsson, Lauren, Taylor & Pamarot would all walk into our side at the minute, even though they're not exactly great themselves).

That was the story that was put out when Souness tried to sign him to try and smooth out the bad feeling our fans had towards him. The truth was he'd either agreed or went away to think about our offer only to go and sign for man city instead. Thats why he was always boo'd when we played them.