How do you tell good from bad?

Parky

"First we have the kind of player English football has traditionally produced: the good-bad player. The good-bad player is an expert in the art of direct, sweaty football. Peter Crouch, banging them in against the cream of the international fifth tier, briefly became the world's greatest good-bad player. David Beckham has always been a really good-bad player: peerless at lumping it into the business areas but without a cushioned scorpion-kick lay-off in sight. Nothing wrong with that; every team needs its good-bad players.

Then there is the bad-good player: nice hair, lovely mover, plenty in his locker, just never seems to ... can't quite get on the end, doesn't manage to finish it off somehow ... Spurs sign a lot of bad-good players. Is Aaron Lennon one? Watching him surge thrillingly across the pitch, arms waggling, inexorably drawn to the left-hand corner flag, you think to yourself, yeah, maybe. West Ham have been sniffing around the same territory this summer: Craig Bellamy? Kieron Dyer? Classic bad-good players"

This is exactly what I've been thinking of Spurs over the years who tend to buy a lot of fluent players who never really do the business (I mean they've had to buy Bent cause Berabtov is almost allergic to having a shot)...Lennon with all his fancy pink nightwear and shades and dancing on the pitch rarely gets a good cross in. And Robinson the classic good-bad keeper!!??

West Ham are the new Spurs where these kind of aquisitions are concerned?

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/07/28/how_do_you_tell_good_from_bad.html

What a load of tripe. They are what they are, bollocks to this "good bad player" shite. The guardian has gone down hill in my eyes.

What i'm thinking, tbf. What a naff article. ???

What a load of tripe. They are what they are, bollocks to this "good bad player" shite. The guardian has gone down hill in my eyes.

What i'm thinking, tbf. What a naff article. ???

It' s meant to be light hearted. Although I dare say there is some truth in it.

Dyer  Bad-Good player

Boumsong  Bad - Bad

etc..