Eidur open to Hammers move

Guest Armchair Pundit

Guest Armchair Pundit

From SSN:

Eidur Gudjohnsen's father and agent, Arnor, says the Barcelona ace would be interested in a move to West Ham.

West Ham have been strongly linked with a move to bring the former Chelsea and Bolton man back to England.

Gudjohnsen's future at Barcelona looks uncertain following the summer arrival of Thierry Henry.

The Icelandic international struggled to hold down a place in Frank Rijkaard's star-studded side last season and the signing of Henry pushes Gudjohnsen further down the pecking order at Camp Nou.

Gudjohnsen is thought to be weighing up his future at Barca and West Ham are believed to be lining up a move for the skilful forward.

Gudjohnsen senior says his son would welcome a move to Upton Park and that the player is weighing up his future in Barcelona.

"I have heard about the interest from West Ham, but there have been no talks as yet," Gudjohnsen Snr told skysports.com.

"It would be something Eidur would consider as there are some Icelanders there with the owners and all.

"If they are interested in Eidur I am sure they will contact me."

Gudjohnsen is currently recovering from a knee injury and the player's father says the 28-year-old will consider all options available to him.

"He is currently injured and he is focused on getting fit again, but he will consider all options open to him," added Gudjohnsen.

"Barcelona have always told him it is up to him what he wants to do and they will not stand in his way if he wants to go and they will be happy for him if he wants to stay.

"Eidur will not rush a decision on his future and we will evaluate every option we have."

Scumbags

Guest sicko2ndbest

His Dad also said that Eidur had huge respect for Big Sam after his Bolton days.

He is his agent therefore keeping the players options open!

Good luck to them as his knee is pretty much f*****.

you say what ? minor injury his treatment is mainly due to precautions

my fingers are crossed that we get him in ,but i think that if west ham come in for him we don't stand a chance.the icelandic factor would make the difference

in the news in iceland this morning it's stated that west ham aggred fee with barcelona and his agent was in talk with west ham last night,And they are supposed to have aggred the wage packet later this night

This deal should be made official within 24 hours.

i feel very hard done we just stand on the side and watch other clubs pick up quality players witch we could easily get in.

FUCK OF MIKE ASHLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in the news in iceland this morning it's stated that west ham aggred fee with barcelona and his agent was in talk with west ham last night,And they are supposed to have aggred the wage packet later this night

i feel very hard done we just stand on the side and watch other clubs pick up quality players witch we could easily get in.

f*** OF MIKE ASHLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus wept, get a grip of yourself man.

Pretty obvious to me he wasn't interested in coming to Newcastle anyway.

Exactly. Sam flew out to Barca and he was insisting he would stay there at the time. We don't need him anyway, far happier with the strikers we've got.

FUCK OF MIKE ASHLEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For fucks sake.

A) We don't need stikers

B) He wasn't keen on a move to Newcastle

C) We don't need strikers

D) He's currently injured

E) We don't need strikers.

Did i mention we don't need strikers?

For fucks sake.

A) We don't need stikers

HE WOULD NOT PLAY A STRIKER FOR US MORE like attacking minded midfielder

he has never said that he's not keen on a move to newcastle that's bullshit 

his father said that he was flattered by newcastle interest couple of months ago cant say that i believe that has changed

Guest elbee909

For fucks sake.

A) We don't need stikers

his father said that he was flattered by newcastle interest couple of months ago cant say that i believe that has changed

How do you know that his father wasn't talking bullshit too?  Selective perception?

For fucks sake.

A) We don't need stikers

How do you know that his father wasn't talking bullshit too?  Selective perception?

well he said this in icelandic news and he never says anything to them unless there is something in it ,

Selective perception is that supposed  to be funny.........

Guest stb654

Anyone but West Ham!  :pottytrain5:

..Or Scumderland (thats doubtful, for obvious reasons)

he was at a birthday party, then when he was leaving in the morning some guy went up to him and some words were said i think and then the guy punches him and eidurs friends intervene then a friend of the guy who punched him ran to him and shoved him to the ground .. or something like that :)

but personally i would not want him here, what i have seen of him lately he has been unfti and not motivated(for tha national team atleast...:) but on his day he sure can deliver but lately there has not been much of that... or has it ? have not seen much of him with barca last season...