Dyer's House Attacked by Yobs.

NSG

Clearly TT would have no problem with people attacking his car as he leaves his place of work, and then having eggs flung at his house when he gets home. :razz:

Its a occupational hazard. Being a footballer means much more than kicking a ball about, something Dyer in ten years here hasn't learned, well maybe he did, just took him years to figure it out.

I'm sure for the millions he's earned for nothing i'd take a few eggs  :razz: But it wouldn't happen to me, as fans would never have a problem with me, i'd respect the club paying my £80kpw far too much to fuk them about.

End of the day, his past has caught up with him SLIGHTLY, and if that's all that ever happens to him he's got off lightly. I'm not condoning any of it, but can understand why someone would want to abuse him before he left.

I have to agree, while not condoning what happened and agreeing with Mort in a way that this is not the right type of image we want when trying to lure players here, we also have to take a step back and be a bit sensible about this.

Ok his house got pelted with some eggs - it shouldn't have happened, but no one was killed, maimed, decapitated, caught the plague ect.

Some people have very short memories when it comes to Dyer, not so long ago he was dragging our clubs name through the dirt with his handbags crap with Bowyer. Everyone wanted to lynch Bowyer, but Dyer seems to have been conveniently forgiven.

What about his part in Bobby Robsons departure, yes the details are open to debate but he definitely didn't help matters.

Plus there's all his off field shanahans, like getting his cock out, burning money in front of fans' faces, home movie debut ect.

Like it has been said before, if this is SO distressing for poor old Dyer, why hasn't he handed in a TRANSFER REQUEST? Why? because it's got fuk all to do about his family, it's all about him and his agent getting one last big payday.

To think of all the money that the club's spent on sending him all around the world getting the best doctors to try and sort out his career (not to mention his 60k-80k a WEEK wages). Think of all the games (about 90%) he's played when he looks like he doesn't give a shit (apart form sunday when he was in the shop window, funny that isn't it?), and what does he do when it at last looks like he might be clear of his injuries? He want's out.  

And to think of all the people who were calling for Owen to be sold and criticising him for the amount of games he's played for us. At least when he's played he's done the business for us. Ramage get's slated everytime he plays, fair enough he's not good enough but at least he's honest and tries. Dyer HAS the talent, but just uses it when he feels like it and that is worse than any of the others.

I do think that out squad is dangerously thin and I thought that we should keep dyer to make up the numbers, but the more I think about it I would rather have Harper playing than him (ok, slight eggageration). Seriously though this parasite has bled us dry for 8 years and I think now, enough is enough.  Bye, bye.

Dyer is about as responsible for the incident with Bowyer as he is for having some cretins chuck eggs at his house tbh.  What the fuck are "off field shanahans" btw? :lol:

People have wanted him out of the club FOR YEARS.  Now he finally acquiesces and admits he wants to leave and we get "Eh?  But what about all the money we've spend on medical fees, you ungrateful bastard?"  He can't fucking win.

As for Dyer's performances, I think it's pretty clear that for the vast majority of his time here he's been playing injured.  Even when he was brought back into the team, he was never fully fit.  It's only last season that we finally had him at a decent level of fitness for a prolonged period, but by then the damage was done and people have made their mind up to despise him.  And he's been nowhere near as bad as people try to make out when he has played.  Not even close.

I think it's a shame he's leaving because he can be a good player for us, but I totally understand him wanting to go.  Especially in light of recent incidents and the fact that he must know that trying to win the fans back over is a pointless exercise.

Now you've gone to the other extreme totally absolving Dire from any wrong doing and portraying him as the victim. Total Bollocks!!!

The final final straw for me was the way Dire played for the rest of the season following the AZ Alkmaar defeat. He couldn't be arsed to pick his feet up and virtually said that would be the case when he was interviewed following the defeat in Holland.

He's a fucking waster who has had far too many chances here. If West Ham have offered £5million as reported, I'd be more than happy to take that and kick him out of the door.

I'm not absolving him of anything.  I think he's been guilty of acting a prick on occasion, but that he's done nothing to garner the level of hatred (and it is HATRED) that some people feel for him.  I'm also pointing out that a lot of this hatred MUST stem from the fact that he's injured, as the individual incidents that people keep harping back to, whilst regrettable and indicative of the fact that he's probably not too nice a lad, are not THAT big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

What a bit of booing and some eggs? :lol:

Lucky he wasn't playing for Napoli or Fluminese eh.

Nah, you'd know what I'm talking about if you went to the match tbh. :razz: [/fighting cheap shot with cheap shot]

Sorry.

Guest Gemmill

Clearly TT would have no problem with people attacking his car as he leaves his place of work, and then having eggs flung at his house when he gets home. :razz:

Its a occupational hazard. Being a footballer means much more than kicking a ball about, something Dyer in ten years here hasn't learned, well maybe he did, just took him years to figure it out.

I'm sure for the millions he's earned for nothing i'd take a few eggs  :razz: But it wouldn't happen to me, as fans would never have a problem with me, i'd respect the club paying my £80kpw far too much to fuk them about.

End of the day, his past has caught up with him SLIGHTLY, and if that's all that ever happens to him he's got off lightly. I'm not condoning any of it, but can understand why someone would want to abuse him before he left.

I have to agree, while not condoning what happened and agreeing with Mort in a way that this is not the right type of image we want when trying to lure players here, we also have to take a step back and be a bit sensible about this.

Ok his house got pelted with some eggs - it shouldn't have happened, but no one was killed, maimed, decapitated, caught the plague ect.

Some people have very short memories when it comes to Dyer, not so long ago he was dragging our clubs name through the dirt with his handbags crap with Bowyer. Everyone wanted to lynch Bowyer, but Dyer seems to have been conveniently forgiven.

What about his part in Bobby Robsons departure, yes the details are open to debate but he definitely didn't help matters.

Plus there's all his off field shanahans, like getting his cock out, burning money in front of fans' faces, home movie debut ect.

Like it has been said before, if this is SO distressing for poor old Dyer, why hasn't he handed in a TRANSFER REQUEST? Why? because it's got fuk all to do about his family, it's all about him and his agent getting one last big payday.

To think of all the money that the club's spent on sending him all around the world getting the best doctors to try and sort out his career (not to mention his 60k-80k a WEEK wages). Think of all the games (about 90%) he's played when he looks like he doesn't give a s*** (apart form sunday when he was in the shop window, funny that isn't it?), and what does he do when it at last looks like he might be clear of his injuries? He want's out.  

And to think of all the people who were calling for Owen to be sold and criticising him for the amount of games he's played for us. At least when he's played he's done the business for us. Ramage get's slated everytime he plays, fair enough he's not good enough but at least he's honest and tries. Dyer HAS the talent, but just uses it when he feels like it and that is worse than any of the others.

I do think that out squad is dangerously thin and I thought that we should keep dyer to make up the numbers, but the more I think about it I would rather have Harper playing than him (ok, slight eggageration). Seriously though this parasite has bled us dry for 8 years and I think now, enough is enough.  Bye, bye.

Dyer is about as responsible for the incident with Bowyer as he is for having some cretins chuck eggs at his house tbh.  What the f*** are "off field shanahans" btw? :lol:

People have wanted him out of the club FOR YEARS.  Now he finally acquiesces and admits he wants to leave and we get "Eh?  But what about all the money we've spend on medical fees, you ungrateful b******?"  He can't f****** win.

As for Dyer's performances, I think it's pretty clear that for the vast majority of his time here he's been playing injured.  Even when he was brought back into the team, he was never fully fit.  It's only last season that we finally had him at a decent level of fitness for a prolonged period, but by then the damage was done and people have made their mind up to despise him.  And he's been nowhere near as bad as people try to make out when he has played.  Not even close.

I think it's a shame he's leaving because he can be a good player for us, but I totally understand him wanting to go.  Especially in light of recent incidents and the fact that he must know that trying to win the fans back over is a pointless exercise.

Aye, sorry, it's all the fans' fault.

Saint Dyer's so hard done to.

Ungrateful? For what?

For the money spent on medical fees?  I was playing the part of the idiots who, having wanted the bloke to leave the club for years, are now slating him for finally succumbing to the pressure and wanting to go himself.

As for "Saint Dyer", he's done a LOT less than people make out.  A couple of regrettable incidents that I'm sure he wished he hadn't been involved in, and then being a long term injury sufferer.  Oh and he got well paid, big deal, he's a professional footballer

Ask yourself this though - if he HADN'T been injured as often as he has, if we'd got 40 games a season out of him over all these years, would people still despise him like they do for an incident with the captain's armband, and for having a piss in the street?  I bet they f****** wouldn't, which just shows how ridiculous the whole thing is.  In the main he's despised for having been injured.  The other incidents are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So would you also say that Owen should have left as soon as he recovered from his injury or were you one of the people who thought he should show us some loyalty, because by your account Dyer has never been fully fit, so surely he should show us some loyalty too?

Nope, I said at the time that Owen was perfectly entitled to leave if he wanted to.  In fact, in the immediate aftermath of last season I said that if I was him I'd be telling my agent that his holidays were cancelled as he was going to be working his arse off finding me a way out of the shambles that is NUFC.

Which slightly messes up your point. :razz:

Not really, fair enough you don't think loyalty should be part of a footballers character, I however think it should. I thought Owen should show us some loyalty, and I thought Dyer should as well.

But as soon as he's fully fit he want's out. Fair enough that's his decision, I don't personally agree with it.

Do you not think he knows that most of the fans want "the dirty skank/f****** w******/little arsehole/etc etc" out though?  Do you think that might have some bearing on his decision?

He gets booed by his own fans, and you then expect him to show them loyalty?  How much loyalty would you feel like showing under those circumstances?

I'm not painting him as the victim in all this btw, but it's preposterous to suggest that he should show loyalty to a crowd that (in some cases, literally) is baying for his blood.

Yeh but mate, what came first? Dyers inept displays? or the crowd getting on his back?

I've never know the crowd to boo a player unless they feel he's not giving everything he can. And you can't say for one minute that Dyer has giving 100% in all the games he played for us can you?

It's very rare that I've seen a Kieron Dyer performance that's lacked effort.  I just don't think that he's ever been guilty of that, and there are plenty that agree with me (generally the people not blinded by hatred).  I've seen a bloke that clearly wasn't fit trying to get through games on occasion, but I just don't think the lack of effort accusation sticks with Dyer.

To think of all the money that the club's spent on sending him all around the world getting the best doctors to try and sort out his career (not to mention his 60k-80k a WEEK wages). Think of all the games (about 90%) he's played when he looks like he doesn't give a s*** (apart form sunday when he was in the shop window, funny that isn't it?), and what does he do when it at last looks like he might be clear of his injuries? He want's out.  

Dyer is about as responsible for the incident with Bowyer as he is for having some cretins chuck eggs at his house tbh.  What the f*** are "off field shanahans" btw? :lol:

People have wanted him out of the club FOR YEARS.  Now he finally acquiesces and admits he wants to leave and we get "Eh?  But what about all the money we've spend on medical fees, you ungrateful b******?"  He can't f****** win.

Ungrateful? For what?

For the money spent on medical fees?  I was playing the part of the idiots who, having wanted the bloke to leave the club for years, are now slating him for finally succumbing to the pressure and wanting to go himself.

As for "Saint Dyer", he's done a LOT less than people make out.  A couple of regrettable incidents that I'm sure he wished he hadn't been involved in, and then being a long term injury sufferer.  Oh and he got well paid, big deal, he's a professional footballer

Ask yourself this though - if he HADN'T been injured as often as he has, if we'd got 40 games a season out of him over all these years, would people still despise him like they do for an incident with the captain's armband, and for having a piss in the street?  I bet they f****** wouldn't, which just shows how ridiculous the whole thing is.  In the main he's despised for having been injured.  The other incidents are nothing in the grand scheme of things.

So would you also say that Owen should have left as soon as he recovered from his injury or were you one of the people who thought he should show us some loyalty, because by your account Dyer has never been fully fit, so surely he should show us some loyalty too?

Nope, I said at the time that Owen was perfectly entitled to leave if he wanted to.  In fact, in the immediate aftermath of last season I said that if I was him I'd be telling my agent that his holidays were cancelled as he was going to be working his arse off finding me a way out of the shambles that is NUFC.

Not really, fair enough you don't think loyalty should be part of a footballers character, I however think it should. I thought Owen should show us some loyalty, and I thought Dyer should as well.

But as soon as he's fully fit he want's out. Fair enough that's his decision, I don't personally agree with it.

OK looks like you've worked round to where you think he should show loyalty and pay back some of the (huge) investment we've made in him.  Totally agree, get all parties to work together, tell Dyer he's staying, get supporters to actually "support" and try and get the best out of him on the park.

Personally I think any desire to leave has more to do with the treatment he receives from sections of our support than it has with family reasons.

Hypocracy is it seems to be the same people who want "the lazy little f*cker out" who now seem to be questioning his loyalty for (allegedly) wanting out ??

Ungrateful? For what?

Do you not think he knows that most of the fans want "the dirty skank/f****** w******/little arsehole/etc etc" out though?  Do you think that might have some bearing on his decision?

He gets booed by his own fans, and you then expect him to show them loyalty?  How much loyalty would you feel like showing under those circumstances?

I'm not painting him as the victim in all this btw, but it's preposterous to suggest that he should show loyalty to a crowd that (in some cases, literally) is baying for his blood.

Yeh but mate, what came first? Dyers inept displays? or the crowd getting on his back?

I've never know the crowd to boo a player unless they feel he's not giving everything he can. And you can't say for one minute that Dyer has giving 100% in all the games he played for us can you?

It's very rare that I've seen a Kieron Dyer performance that's lacked effort.  I just don't think that he's ever been guilty of that, and there are plenty that agree with me (generally the people not blinded by hatred).  I've seen a bloke that clearly wasn't fit trying to get through games on occasion, but I just don't think the lack of effort accusation sticks with Dyer.

Tehn in the opinion of many fans, you'll be wrong.

Guest Gemmill

Ungrateful? For what?

I did make specific reference to people NOT blinded by hatred tbf.  I think we know where you fall in that respect. :razz:

Ungrateful? For what?

That's what he said.

Ungrateful? For what?

Youve oviously never been in SJP when Ramage, (or Tommy Gibb or Frank Clark decades ago) were playing then.

Ramage never gives less than 100% but some morons booed him vs West Ham last season.

So truth is fans do boo players who give 100% and that sums up the mentality of supporters who would boo any player.

Ungrateful? For what?

I did make specific reference to people NOT blinded by hatred tbf.  I think we know where you fall in that respect. :razz:

Yes, he's been great, loads of effort, loads of good games, loads of output. not.

Ungrateful? For what?

Well I think we could go around the block all day on this, we've both got different opinions of Mr Dyer.

I'm not on here to try and convert anyone to my way of thinking, just expressing my opinion.

I think the best thing to say is that we agree to disagree eh? :razz:

Ungrateful? For what?

I think he has given what he can give on the day depending on his level of dis-comfort. He has had a problem since we bought him from Ipswich. One that doesn`t heal. Its called shin splints.

Shin splints can be a like a disease for many athletes, getting worse and worse until it eventually kills their training and competition aspirations. Fortunately though, there are a number of exercises designed specifically to help strengthen the specific area to help reduce the risk of shin splints.

The amount of injury that occurs prior to any rehabilitation program plays a significant role in determining the time frame necessary for complete recovery

A level and soft terrain is best.

Distance is limited to 50% of that tolerated preinjury.

Intensity (pace) is similarly cut by one half.

Over a 3-6 week period, a gradual increase in distance is allowed.

Only then can a gradual increase in pace be attempted.

Previously, two different treatment management strategies were used: total rest or a "run through it" approach. The total rest was often an unacceptable option to the athlete. The "run through it" approach was even worse. It often led to worsening of the injury and of the symptoms.

Currently, a multifaceted approach of "relative rest" is successfully utilized to restore the athlete to a pain-free level of competition.

Guest Gemmill

Ungrateful? For what?

Yes, he's been great, loads of effort, loads of good games, loads of output. not.

Man, I thought I was getting somewhere until you threw the "not" at me.  Party on, Wayne!

Guest Gemmill

Ungrateful? For what?

Well I think we could go around the block all day on this, we've both got different opinions of Mr Dyer.

I'm not on here to try and convert anyone to my way of thinking, just expressing my opinion.

Aye, sounds fair to me.  Turn around touch the ground, baggsy I'm right though. ;)

Ungrateful? For what?

Man, I thought I was getting somewhere until you threw the "not" at me.  Party on, Wayne!

Indeed. When Dyer goes to his next club, and provides his annual 3 assists, we'll see how loved he is, or if it IS just the case of us being relatively stupid for falling for the phoney "potential" line.

Ungrateful? For what?

Aye, sounds fair to me.  Turn around touch the ground, baggsy I'm right though. ;)

:razz:

Ungrateful? For what?

I think he has given what he can give on the day depending on his level of dis-comfort. He has had a problem since we bought him from Ipswich. One that doesn`t heal. Its called shin splints.

Shin splints can be a like a disease for many athletes, getting worse and worse until it eventually kills their training and competition aspirations. Fortunately though, there are a number of exercises designed specifically to help strengthen the specific area to help reduce the risk of shin splints.

The amount of injury that occurs prior to any rehabilitation program plays a significant role in determining the time frame necessary for complete recovery

Previously, two different treatment management strategies were used: total rest or a "run through it" approach. The total rest was often an unacceptable option to the athlete. The "run through it" approach was even worse. It often led to worsening of the injury and of the symptoms.

Currently, a multifaceted approach of "relative rest" is successfully utilized to restore the athlete to a pain-free level of competition.

During his last injury he spent a lot of time at Playford Road. Know a few lads there and apparently he was working at it. Maybe he was making things worse?

Ungrateful? For what?

During his last injury he spent a lot of time at Playford Road. Know a few lads there and apparently he was working at it. Maybe he was making things worse?

I`m not sure 100% if Shin splints ever heal or not or if it is condition that stays with you.  Someone I spoke too who knows him very well said that he still has to have constant theorapy/treatment in order to play a few games then miss 1 or 2 for treatment. So he has never ever been 100% but plays to what he can which lets face it from the games before GR scape goated his friends after AZ has been better than most in the team.

I can`t claim to know 100% but its obvious to see he has to hold back in games compared to how he used to play to prevent injury. Some people see that as not putting the effort in.

Guest Harry-Norway

stupid morans,we dont need this negative talk in the news,find the eggthrewers and beat the shit out of them

Guest Invicta_Toon

stupid morans,we dont need this negative talk in the news,find the eggthrewers and beat the shit out of them

now that's what I call positive press :lol:

Nothing wrong with egg throwing.  its a traditional british way of insulting somebody.

I would go and do it myself if i knew qwhere the little twat lived.

Personally i think he should be whipped and dawn and keel hawled down the tyne the ungratefull little oiiik!