The wisdom of selling Dyer ?

Benwell Lad

Guest stb654

Is it just me or do we get the s*** offers from clubs...

So, you see West Ham offering £16-18 mill for Bent, but when it comes to our players like Dyer they offer peanuts?  :undecided:

If they really want him... they should be willing to pay over the odds like we seemed to do. Boumsoung for example.

Coffer Up i say  :coolsmiley:

After years of paying KD's vast salary while he underwent one kind of treatment or another, it now seems to be common knowledge that the club are willing to let Dyer go. Wouldn't it be wise to try and get something back on the pitch from him in return for our patience and outlay ?

Every manager Dyer has worked under considered him as an automatic first choice, England coaches and just a couple of days ago Big Sam also praised his contributions to the team.  Are a bunch of sheep brained charvas and nufc.com more qualified to decide what Dyer contributes to a football team ? I think not.

Dyer often covers more ground than any other player over 90 mins - lazy little get - don't think so.

When Dyer runs at defenders, he has an almost unique ability to take 2 or 3 with him, creating space for his team's forwards rarely offered in the Premiership.

He earns a fortune - sure - but finding a replacement will cost at least as much.

I say stick with Dyer, lets see what a full season of playing ( ??? ) brings out of him, support him as we should support every player who wears black and white and lets see if he can finally make the prolonged and positive contribution to our cause which we have waited for.

He's not good enough to either justify his wages, or make up for 8 years of mediocrity.

Fucks sake, some people still seem to think he's some kind of world class player. :lol:

Don't be silly lad. 

Never heard anyone call him world class. One of our better players maybe.

He's an incredibly mediocre player, with very little end product. But he's been allowed to maintain the poor ouputs because of his so-called "potential", despite never realising this potential in 8 years.

He isn't our best winger, and he isn't our best midfielder, so he isn't our best anything. Othe rthan advert for pay-as-you-play contracts.

Is it just me or do we get the s*** offers from clubs...

So, you see West Ham offering £16-18 mill for Bent, but when it comes to our players like Dyer they offer peanuts?  :undecided:

If they really want him... they should be willing to pay over the odds like we seemed to do. Boumsoung for example.

Coffer Up i say  :coolsmiley:

Because Bent does a good job. And few clubs are as stupid as us, hence the Boumsong thing.

After years of paying KD's vast salary while he underwent one kind of treatment or another, it now seems to be common knowledge that the club are willing to let Dyer go. Wouldn't it be wise to try and get something back on the pitch from him in return for our patience and outlay ?

Every manager Dyer has worked under considered him as an automatic first choice, England coaches and just a couple of days ago Big Sam also praised his contributions to the team.  Are a bunch of sheep brained charvas and nufc.com more qualified to decide what Dyer contributes to a football team ? I think not.

Dyer often covers more ground than any other player over 90 mins - lazy little get - don't think so.

When Dyer runs at defenders, he has an almost unique ability to take 2 or 3 with him, creating space for his team's forwards rarely offered in the Premiership.

He earns a fortune - sure - but finding a replacement will cost at least as much.

I say stick with Dyer, lets see what a full season of playing ( ??? ) brings out of him, support him as we should support every player who wears black and white and lets see if he can finally make the prolonged and positive contribution to our cause which we have waited for.

He's not good enough to either justify his wages, or make up for 8 years of mediocrity.

Fucks sake, some people still seem to think he's some kind of world class player. :lol:

Who does?

So no-one then?

Don't be silly lad. 

He's an incredibly mediocre player, with very little end product. But he's been allowed to maintain the poor ouputs because of his so-called "potential", despite never realising this potential in 8 years.

He isn't our best winger, and he isn't our best midfielder, so he isn't our best anything. Othe rthan advert for pay-as-you-play contracts.

Well why don't you pop down to Ipswich and tell his friends he's a useless monkey turd? I'll give you directions.

Don't be silly lad. 

Well why don't you pop down to Ipswich and tell his friends he's a useless monkey turd? I'll give you directions.

Eh??

Yes, he is, in the grand scheme of things, useless. And i'd say "little tosspot" ratehr than "monkey turd". But what's your point.

Who does?

So no-one then?

There are plenty who even last season saying he's worth keeping, a great player, yadda yadda, in the face of all available evidence.

There are even some now who want to keep him, despite his wages being 3 or 4 times greater than his ability.

People saying he's worth keeping, because they rate him more highly than you do is hardly the same as thinking he's world class. People are a lot more realistic about Dyer than you seem to think, I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here claim he's been worth his wages - just that they think he has talent and could do a good job for us.

Don't be silly lad. 

Eh??

Yes, he is, in the grand scheme of things, useless. And i'd say "little tosspot" ratehr than "monkey turd". But what's your point.

Not on previous form you wouldnt. Then you argued the term was acceptable. If thats the case I'll happily point you in the right direction. You nervous or pissed? Your typing is all over the place.

People saying he's worth keeping, because they rate him more highly than you do is hardly the same as thinking he's world class. People are a lot more realistic about Dyer than you seem to think, I don't think I've ever seen anyone on here claim he's been worth his wages - just that they think he has talent and could do a good job for us.

Don't go serving sanity to a bloke intent on hatred.

Guest JamesD

i'd say the burden of proof is on you.

And your contribution is what exactly?

calling you out on some over the top bullshit. People who slag dyer off personally are seriously pathetic individuals.

Dyer can be a threat but only at his own convinience which is't good enough for someone "earning" 1k never mind 60+. That said we should let him go for peanuts for various reasons.

If he does go, he must be replaced.

Guest Strunz

:rant:Once again, he's had his bloody chances, he won't improve.  Ever.

If he'd had the personality and application of Peter Beardsley, he could have been a legend up here.

Remember, he'll leave a very, very rich man, for doing very little.

Lack of end product, failed to fulfill potential, shows a lack of respect for the club and the supporters, a chav and a waster!!!

Take West Ham's money and kick his arse out of the club and out of the City!!!

Guest black

i'd say the burden of proof is on you.

And your contribution is what exactly?

calling you out on some over the top bullshit. People who slag dyer off personally are seriously pathetic individuals.

Calling me out? Why you little internet hard man!!! Unless you're Dyer himself (and I have to admit your childish attitude means it is a possibility) how can you call me out? As for slag off Dyer, excuse me if I express an opinion about a person who has shown nothing but his selfish tendencies both on and off the field and the likely hood that he would again hold the club to ranson in order to get what he wants and at the same time reaching deeper into the pocket of NUFC to fill his own.

I hope you enjoy your new life wandering the cold and empty internet forums of West Ham United - should be a blast for you :laugh:

Guest JamesD

haha, internet hard man, me? Childish attitude? From the man straight pulling s*** out of his ass?  I just think folks who go over the top in terms of slagging off players must have zero outside life and suck in general.

And why would I go to a west ham forum? Because someone who i dont think deserves so much abuse is going there? You're brilliant, you are.

Oh yeah, the burden of proof is still on you regarding your theory that dyers 'family issues' are just a way for him to get more money.

Who does?

So no-one then?

There are plenty who even last season saying he's worth keeping, a great player, yadda yadda, in the face of all available evidence.

There are even some now who want to keep him, despite his wages being 3 or 4 times greater than his ability.

Then there are those who are happy to see the back of him but who also think that acting like a panto crowd is the sign of being a truly sad twat.

Tell me, who is the next villain in the piece? N'Zogbia? Owen? Viduka?

Since you are such a sage-like expert on the game, which one is next for the pantomine high jump? There has to be some bad apples in our current bunch ripe for booing? 

Guest black

haha, internet hard man, me? Childish attitude? From the man straight pulling s*** out of his ass?   I just think folks who go over the top in terms of slagging off players must have zero outside life and suck in general.

And why would I go to a west ham forum? Because someone who i dont think deserves so much abuse is going there? You're brilliant, you are.

Oh yeah, the burden of proof is still on you regarding your theory that dyers 'family issues' are just a way for him to get more money.

Ok, let start again for you and yours.

What family issues?

The fact that his children live in Ipswich and he's based in Newcastle?

The fact that his children have always been based in Ipswich and for the duration of their lives he's always been based in Newcastle?

By the way who is abusing him? I haven't called him a <unt or fu<king thief like many on here - no I just mentioned the fact that he is using an excuse to take more money from NUFC even as he wants away. If you don't see it then you never will.

Guest JamesD

my bad,i guess i got confused with another member who constantly goes off about dyer being an (explitive deleted), but i think a lot of people don't realize that footballers are people, and it probably is the case that Dyer wants to be nearer to his children.

Guest black

my bad,i guess i got confused with another member who constantly goes off about dyer being an (explitive deleted), but i think a lot of people don't realize that footballers are people, and it probably is the case that Dyer wants to be nearer to his children.

Yeah I can understand that I just feel it's being used as an excuse because he wants away and if that is the case hand in the transfer request and go - no excuses needed.

What always frustrated me about the way Jenas went was the way he used the media, the having to get out because it's like a goldfish bowl, to effectively kickstart his transfer. This way he never had to request the transfer and was entitled to his loyalty bonus and yet he wanted away - I might be wrong but the alluded to family issues seems to smell very similar.

Guest sittingontheball

West Ham have replaced Benayhoun (sp) with Dyer for similar money and no doubt higher wages. Not what I would call good business.

Dyer's pace can cause havoc, but it rarely leads to goals. Hes never had shooting boots or great close control.

Who does?

So no-one then?

Then there are those who are happy to see the back of him but who also think that acting like a panto crowd is the sign of being a truly sad t***.

Tell me, who is the next villain in the piece? N'Zogbia? Owen? Viduka?

Since you are such a sage-like expert on the game, which one is next for the pantomine high jump? There has to be some bad apples in our current bunch ripe for booing? 

So true - you can be assured the idiots who support Newcastle will soon be demoralising another one of their own players and doing their best to force him out of the club. As one goes the focus merely moves to another, it's like they physically need someone to pick on.

Guest lebowski

haha, internet hard man, me? Childish attitude? From the man straight pulling s*** out of his ass?  I just think folks who go over the top in terms of slagging off players must have zero outside life and suck in general.

You have to admit though that the decent thing to do if the family issues were that pressing would be to officially request a transfer. Also Newcastle to Ipswich isn't a big commute to someone with Mr Dyers resources. I've done bigger commutes on considerably less income and longer hours than him.