New contract for Oba without the clauses - The Times

Guest Toon83

I'm a big Martins fan so this is great news far as I'm concerned. While all the talk has been of Luque, Milner and Geremi lately, for me Martins has been superb pre-season. A lot of our best attacking moves have gone through him. Cracking player IMO.

He seems a better all round player now the ball is being mostly played on the floor, his link up play with midfield has been excellent.

I wonder if Owen was offered a new contract?

tbh, I always thought his link up play was good on the deck, even last season. Don't really understand the stick he gets considering what he gives the team. If he was called Andy Carroll and came from Gateshead we'd probably have built a statue by now.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, bored to death of that s****.

That argument ONLY stands for Steven Taylor - who is a good player. Does anyone, anywhere, really think that Peter Ramage is anything more than Unibond League standard?

Do you honestly think if it was Lee Clark doing what Martins does we'd be carping about his poor first touch?

Ramage and Ameobi are both geordies

How are they relevant to Martins?

I'm a big Martins fan so this is great news far as I'm concerned. While all the talk has been of Luque, Milner and Geremi lately, for me Martins has been superb pre-season. A lot of our best attacking moves have gone through him. Cracking player IMO.

He seems a better all round player now the ball is being mostly played on the floor, his link up play with midfield has been excellent.

tbh, I always thought his link up play was good on the deck, even last season. Don't really understand the stick he gets considering what he gives the team. If he was called Andy Carroll and came from Gateshead we'd probably have built a statue by now.

That argument ONLY stands for Steven Taylor - who is a good player. Does anyone, anywhere, really think that Peter Ramage is anything more than Unibond League standard?

Do you honestly think if it was Lee Clark doing what Martins does we'd be carping about his poor first touch?

I might have quoted the wrong person. It was aimed at whoever brought up the point about Carroll and Clarkie not getting stick if they done what Martins gets stick for cos they're geordies. Well Ramage and Ameobi get plenty of stick for their faults.

Yes, you spaz. He's got a f****** atrocious first touch for a top-flight striker brought up on the continent. It is unusual.

No you pleb. He scores goals and makes them. Which is why he might be getting a new contract like it or not.

Did you enjoy the first touch which smacked the ball bast the Celtic keeper?

Erm... he doesn't though, does he. :rolleyes:

Erm... he doesn't though, does he. :rolleyes:

Are you carping about it then?

Yes, you spaz. He's got a f****** atrocious first touch for a top-flight striker brought up on the continent. It is unusual.

No you pleb. He scores goals and makes them. Which is why he might be getting a new contract like it or not.

Did you enjoy the first touch which smacked the ball bast the Celtic keeper?

You asked if he'd get stick if he was a Geordie with the touch of a rapist and the answer's obviously yes, although we'll never find out as there isn't anyone in the whole of North Tyneside with a first touch as bad as Oba's.

Whatever. I'm sticking by my point. I'm bored of that shite. Ameobi and Ramage, two respective Geordies, both get slated to fuck. Taylor, a respective Geordie, gets praised and slated on an even see-saw. The 'people let player X off cos he's a Geordie' thing is bollocks, other than for retards and for nine-year-olds, who are the only ones who go on about it.

I might have quoted the wrong person. It was aimed at whoever brought up the point about Carroll and Clarkie not getting stick if they done what Martins gets stick for cos they're geordies. Well Ramage and Ameobi get plenty of stick for their faults.

I see. Ramage and Ameobi have £13m release clauses...now I see how you are drawing the comparison. Let's re-negotiate their contracts as well..

im not so sure the owen wage is made up on the spot?

Last week when Terry signed his new contract of £130k a week, they listed the top 5 earners in the Premiership, and I think the 5th on the list was Lampard at £95k. So Owen is on less than that.

Not true, Owen was on there quoted at 110k alongside someone else (poss Rooney) - it was on a thread on here and someone missed it then too.

author=Keefaz link=topic=43463.msg943260#msg943260 date=1185922254]

Does anyone else think Big TRon is smoking crack? As far as I can tell he's reading replies that aren't actually there.

Well your last reply was:

You asked if he'd get stick if he was a Geordie with the touch of a rapist and the answer's obviously yes, although we'll never find out as there isn't anyone in the whole of North Tyneside with a first touch as bad as Oba's.

Not really sure how you want me to respond to that tbh.

Does anyone else think Big TRon is smoking crack? As far as I can tell he's reading replies that aren't actually there.

Well your last reply was:

Not really sure how you want me to respond to that tbh.

'Yes, Keefaz, I quite agree. I was completely wrong. The reason Martins is criticised isn't because he's foreign but because he has obvious, severe flaws in his game. You rock.'

Guest Invicta_Toon

what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?

even more, who pays the fucker even more to 'ignore' it? I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? fuck sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

So with these massive flaws in his game, you would replace him with...?

At this stage please realise to point out faults is easy.To put forward a solution is real work and progress. Now do you have a point?

I think I've made my point. He has some attributes I admire but also some problems in his game particularly in awareness, touch, and decision-making. I'm not pointing out these flaws because he was not born within earshot of St. Nicholas' Cathedral, but simply because they exist. I think he's a good player and offers a lot to the team, for what it's worth, but whether it makes sense to re-negotiate his contract now is a different matter entirely.

what kind of idiot thinks it was a bad idea to have a £13m clause for a player that cost £10m?

even more, who pays the fucker even more to 'ignore' it? I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? f*** sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

Because a players value goes up if they perform well over a season?

Guest Invicta_Toon

even more, who pays the fucker even more to 'ignore' it? I mean are we actually saying if someone came in for Martins for £13.1m, we want him to refuse and we won't consider the deal? f*** sake, he's good, but he's not that FCKin good

plenty had him under-valued to the tune of 50% when he arrived, swings and roundabouts tbh

£3m in a year? doubt it. In fact, who has ever left NUFC for a profit, let alone £3m in a year?

I think I've made my point. He has some attributes I admire but also some problems in his game particularly in awareness, touch, and decision-making. I'm not pointing out these flaws because he was not born within earshot of St. Nicholas' Cathedral, but simply because they exist. I think he's a good player and offers a lot to the team, for what it's worth, but whether it makes sense to re-negotiate his contract now is a different matter entirely.

Thanks, so you agree there are no better alternatives despite his flaws at present. A sensible response which I applaud.

plenty had him under-valued to the tune of 50% when he arrived, swings and roundabouts tbh

£3m in a year? doubt it. In fact, who has ever left NUFC for a profit, let alone £3m in a year?

It doesn't matter what people thought of him when he first came here, if he improves his consistency over next season then he's likely to get a few clubs interested in him, why make it easy for a club to potentially take him off our hands on the cheap?