José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Ashley has sold players like Milner, Given, N'Zogbia, Duff, Beye and Martins, replacing them with the likes of Routledge, no one, no one, no one, Simpson and Best. Looks like a selling club to me.

They all wanted to leave what was he to do ?

£12 million for Milner is an exception to the rule. The only reason no one's happy about that is it wasn't reinvested. Given, N'Zogbia, Beye, all wanted to leave and forced our hand. Martins and Duff, were you really expecting them to stay and fight for us in the Championship? There's a difference between selling players out of necessity and selling players just because their stock is high and you can make a quick buck.

Ashley has sold players like Milner, Given, N'Zogbia, Duff, Beye and Martins, replacing them with the likes of Routledge, no one, no one, no one, Simpson and Best. Looks like a selling club to me.

We sold those players to get save money on the wage bill when we got relegated.  What's the point of buying high profile names to replace them when we were in the Championship and no idea if we were going to get promoted?

No my point is that we have had no saleable assets.

Well OK, that's debatable, but it's still back into the realms of speculation about the future based on no real evidence.

We'll see what Ashley does, hopefully we'll appoint a decent manager, stay up and it won't come to selling players!

Which players have we got that Ashley has turned down the opportunity to cash in on?

Well OK, that's debatable, but it's still back into the realms of speculation about the future based on no real evidence.

We'll see what Ashley does, hopefully we'll appoint a decent manager, stay up and it won't come to selling players!

Which players have we got that Ashley has turned down the opportunity to cash in on?

How can I possibly know that?

We sold those players to get save money on the wage bill when we got relegated.  What's the point of buying high profile names to replace them when we were in the Championship and no idea if we were going to get promoted?

No, Milner, Given and N'Zogbia were all sold before the club was relegated.

Which players has Ashley taken the opportunity to cash in on, soley because their stock is high and the player didn't force his hand to move?

Duff. Bassong. Milner.

How can I possibly know that?

From what we've seen/heard in the press for example.

I'll choose to credit you with enough sense not to really be suggesting we could get relegated and retain all our players.

I'll choose to credit you with enough sense not to really be suggesting we could get relegated and retain all our players.

But players like Milner and Given were sold before we were relegated?

Duff. Bassong. Milner.

Duff was AMAZING for us. The fans were gutted he was sold.

Obviously he's not missed. We did really well getting some cash for him and getting him of the wage bill.

I was merely answering the question.

Milner for £12m was a great deal, it's very difficult to turn down that sort of deal, especially if the player himself wanted to join City.

Given was a mistake, especially to sell him for so little. That said, he had made it clear he was unhappy at the club and had handed in transfer requests at the drop of the hat before.

The mismanagement of N'Zogbia began a long time ago, mainly when we signed Duff to hinder his development.

But players like Milner and Given were sold before we were relegated?

Both handed in formal transfer requests. Stunning fact: Ashley has never sold anybody against his will.

I agree that we should be worried about players leaving, but that's because I think they'll want to leave. Not because we're suddenly a "selling club", whatever that even means.

Anyway, I can't say much more than I have, I don't believe Ashley's plan is to make profit from player sales. I don't see any evidence that suggests that.

Yet ... See if this has changed in a years time.

More than happy to change my mind if it has.

Duff. Bassong. Milner.

Duff was AMAZING for us. The fans were gutted he was sold.

Obviously he's not missed. We did really well getting some cash for him and getting him of the wage bill.

I was merely answering the question.

The point of being a selling club is when you sell your best players when you don't really need to. Duff can't be used as an example at all.

Guest Heneage

He ignores the fact we retained Jonas Jose and Coloccini. Arguably 3 of our best last year.

He ignores the fact we retained Jonas Jose and Coloccini. Arguably 3 of our best last year.

Oh, right. We're not a selling club unless we sell everyone.

Also, both Coloccini and Enrique were considered flops after their first season, the former also on a massive wage.

Two of whom had very poor seasons with us, on £60k plus a week. At the beginning of last season, they were not saleable assets imo.

No, Milner, Given and N'Zogbia were all sold before the club was relegated.

How can you throw Duff into the 'selling club' idea and then say we didn't sell Colo or Jose because they're on big wages and were shit at first? That's Duff all over! Except he was shit right the way through his NUFC career.

Oh, and we 'cashed in' on N'Zogbia and Given? So they didn't force their move? Right, thank God you guys are here, 'cause everyone else in the world seems to have this idea that neither player was happy at NUFC and fought to get a move away. Cheers for that.

Unreal.

Guest Heneage

Two of whom had very poor seasons with us, on £60k plus a week. At the beginning of last season, they were not saleable assets imo.

Bollocks man, everybody's a saleable asset. Two were Argentine internationals and Jose was highly rated in Spain at least. You could have found clubs.

Bollocks man, everybody's a saleable asset. Two were Argentine internationals and Jose was highly rated in Spain at least. You could have found clubs.

We would have been open to offers. Much like we were for everyone else. I don't think anyone would have wanted to take Colo or Jonas on after the seasons they had had.

Yeah, no club in the world would take regular Argentinian internationals after one dodgy year each on the PL, in which they still managed to show a couple of glimpses of skill that proved all hope wasn't lost. Sort yourself out, Nixon.