José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

He was injured to start with, then started ahead of by N'zogbia, before shitting the bed.

injured but on the bench at old trafford ?

That was his second season, mate. And Allardyce wasn't in charge. :thup:

wrong location, still remember allardyce saying he had to ease him in, and doing so.

Guest firetotheworks

He was injured to start with, then started ahead of by N'zogbia, before shitting the bed.

So how is that him starting when he arrived? ???

Arrived at fitness. O0

Show me he had an injury. Iirc he played in some nothing match and then didn't play again until the end of September. Allardyce went on about how he was young and new to the pace of the league so he wanted to protect him.

Yeah, I remember him being "eased in" as well. I was at the West Ham game in late September and I know N'Zogbia got two assists from his LB position in that game.

Allardyce is fond of "easing" players in.

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/imagenes/2007/01/10/1168464235_0.jpg

No height problems here.

Look how skinny he is :lol:

To be fair he's not actually that skinny. Just compared to his immenseness now he seemed skinny.

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/imagenes/2007/01/10/1168464235_0.jpg

No height problems here.

Look how skinny he is :lol:

To be fair he's not actually that skinny. Just compared to his immenseness now he seemed skinny.

I've seen him in Eldon Square and Fenwicks etc a few times and like most footballers when you see them close up he is pretty skinny.

Yeah he's clearly all skin and bone like.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01606/jose_enrique2_1606294c.jpg

The camera adds several stone :lol:

:smitten: Probably my favourite goal since Martins at Spurs, that one. I really, really wish i'd known immediately that it was him. Couldn't tell at first.

Yeah he's clearly all skin and bone like.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01606/jose_enrique2_1606294c.jpg

The camera adds several stone :lol:

:smitten: Probably my favourite goal since Martins at Spurs, that one. I really, really wish i'd known immediately that it was him. Couldn't tell at first.

He is a real physical specimen like - loves his protein shakes - there are a couple of the younger lads that would do well to follow his example

Would love to see José Enrique get a run in the Spain shirt, but he hasn't much buzz right now. Not playing in La Liga or Europe makes it harder for him to get noticed.

Fuck that, only a couple more years til he's eligible to play for England :aww:

Cant imagine Ferguson taking up that sort of physique. Be great if he does.

He looks like he needs a good dinner for a start - but I suppose its a fine balance between retaining your speed and increasing your strength

Always remember reading that Milan had banned Seedorf from putting on any more muscle as he was at the optimum level before it would start to adversely affect his speed.

Cant imagine Ferguson taking up that sort of physique. Be great if he does.

He looks like he needs a good dinner for a start - but I suppose its a fine balance between retaining your speed and increasing your strength

Building lean muscle and reducing body fat shouldn't reduce your speed though. Sprinters are generally heavily built.

Enrique himself was close to becoming a sprinter, according to his Wiki page.

It, however, reduces your stamina. It's not about being quick at the kickoff, it's about being quick when you're chasing their winger at minute 60.

I'm not a sports scientist or an expert in fitness, but rugby players that are 6'3" and built like tanks can batter their way through 80 minutes of high-speed action.

There might be a slight reduction in stamina compared to the build of a distance runner, but football is a game of sprints, not a marathon. I would much rather have a team of Enriques than any other build.

It, however, reduces your stamina. It's not about being quick at the kickoff, it's about being quick when you're chasing their winger at minute 60.

I'm not a sports scientist or an expert in fitness, but rugby players that are 6'3" and built like tanks can batter their way through 80 minutes of high-speed action.

There might be a slight reduction in stamina compared to the build of a distance runner, but football is a game of sprints, not a marathon. I would much rather have a team of Enriques than any other build.

Yank football has a ridiculously low amount of actual playing time, I seem to recall it was little over 10 minutes with all the stoppage. Plus given that you play two different squads depending if you are in offence or defence, at the end players only need to exert themselves for low amounts of time. On the other hand, an average football player runs over 10km in a match.

Yank football has a ridiculously low amount of actual playing time, I seem to recall it was little over 10 minutes with all the stoppage. Plus given that you play two different squads depending if you are in offence or defence, at the end players only need to exert themselves for low amounts of time. On the other hand, an average football player runs over 10km in a match.

Yeah, but the majority of American footballers aren't built like sprinters, they're built like massive blocks of flesh.

Only the running backs and wide receivers are properly explosive from what I've seen.

A footballer might run 10km, but a lot of that is relatively light jogging. Also it isn't very far anyway. I really think the high-intensity intervals aspect of the game is much more important. Look at Christiano Ronaldo, he's very much in the mould of a sprinter.

Anyway, as I said, I don't have any actual evidence or expert knowledge to back this up!