José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

If he leaves he's a money-grabbing Judas c***

Considering he recently said that he'd like to spend the rest of his career here, i'd have to agree. Unless of course he is ambitious enough to want to win some trophies during his career, in which case I couldn't really blame him for leaving.

If he leaves he's a money-grabbing Judas c***

Considering he recently said that he'd like to spend the rest of his career here, i'd have to agree. Unless of course he is ambitious enough to want to win some trophies during his career, in which case I couldn't really blame him for leaving.

Id hate to see him at Liverpool, but id also find it hard to have any real hatred or bad feeling towards any of the players who stayed after relegation and put in the performances to get us back up.

Funny how the Shepherd way and the Ashley way have us in pretty much the same league position.

Funny how there were different managers involved - but maybe you were a fan of Souness ??

And until Shepherd fired SBR without a suitable replacement lined up, we actually WERE doing better on the field than under Ashley.

Maybe you can produce a set of your famous stats to back up your argument......

So he's on what, £50,000 a week? Which means now, he's going to command at least £60,000 a week.

In my opinion, we should offer him that amount. He is a key, arguably our best player and on that basis we should do everything we can to keep him. Nevertheless, I think he'll be excellent for the remainder of the season, and an offer of £14 million will be accepted in the summer. His sale will be justifiable, as "we couldn't afford to lose him on a free next summer." And best of all, we will all accept it and move on ...

Funny how the Shepherd way and the Ashley way have us in pretty much the same league position.

Funny how there were different managers involved - but maybe you were a fan of Souness ??

And until Shepherd fired SBR without a suitable replacement lined up, we actually WERE doing better on the field than under Ashley.

Maybe you can produce a set of your famous stats to back up your argument......

Yes, until all the mistakes we were doing fine!

Dave, even without Ashley, given the 'big 4' and Man City, where do you realistically expect us? I think unless we're taken over a la City then 6th or 7th is the best everyone could realistically achieve. That's fuck all to do with the Ashley effect, that would apply whether I supported Villa, Everton or even Sunderland. This season might be one season too soon but even under Ashley I reckon we could realistically push that closer next season.

My expectations at present are the same as yours.

I never said anything about expectations though, the point I was making was about the increasing acceptance of our best players leaving, as though we're a nothing club like Wigan.

So he's on what, £50,000 a week? Which means now, he's going to command at least £60,000 a week.

In my opinion, we should offer him that amount. He is a key, arguably our best player and on that basis we should do everything we can to keep him. Nevertheless, I think he'll be excellent for the remainder of the season, and an offer of £14 million will be accepted in the summer. His sale will be justifiable, as "we couldn't afford to lose him on a free next summer." And best of all, we'll all accept it and move on ...

No need to worry unti lPardew says he's not for sale

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8851570.Enrique_cautious_on_new_contract_commitment/

HAVING watched Andy Carroll leave Tyneside last month, Newcastle officials are bracing themselves for a battle to hold on to coveted full-back Jose Enrique this summer.

Enrique, who entered the final 18 months of his current contract at the turn of the year, has been attracting the attention of Manchester City and Liverpool in recent weeks, with Saturday's scintillating performance against Blackburn providing another graphic illustration of his strengths.

There is every likelihood of a bid being lodged this summer, and in an ideal world, Magpies manager Alan Pardew would like to ward off any attention by agreeing a new deal with the Spaniard.

However, while Joey Barton has expressed a willingness to conclude contract talks shortly, Enrique has consistently refused to discuss a new deal until Newcastle's Premier League status is secure. As a result, an agreement is unlikely to be reached until the end of the season.

“Jose's situation is simple,” said Pardew. “He's made it clear that he won't talk to us until we're safe. What are we now, 32 points? Well we're not safe are we? So that makes the situation clear, and to be honest, it makes a lot of sense for both him and us.

“He is an outstanding player and we know that. He is an important player for this team because a lot of our play goes through him. He is involved in a lot of the good stuff that we do and I thought he was superb (against Blackburn). In terms of technique and impact, I thought he was the best player on the pitch by some distance.”

Enrique is certainly a different player to the hesitant left-back that rarely looked comfortable as Newcastle tumbled out of the top-flight two seasons ago.

A spell in the Championship has clearly given him the confidence to express himself going forward, and his relationship with left winger Jonas Gutierrez is a key facet of United's attacking play.

His delivery on the run is superb – one cross in particular at the weekend, which Peter Lovenkrands failed to reach at the near post, took the breath away – and Pardew has openly encouraged the 25-year-old to push forward positively whenever possible.

“I'm just trying to put my mark on the team,” he said. “I've always played a team which is on the front foot and encouraging full-backs to push on. Enrique's performance exemplified that, and if anybody deserved to win a game it was him because he was magnificent.

“I'm just very pleased with the reaction I've had from the staff and the players in terms of what I want to achieve. My style is perhaps a bit different to Chris' (Hughton) and the way we controlled this game was pleasing to see.”

Not exactly promising, this.