Centocampista creativo. È troppo da chiedere un midfielder creativo? New poll.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A suggestion for the January transfer window. He's a creative midfielder proven at the highest level, was a key player in a title winning team and is really unselfish, something of a pre-requisite for creative midfielders. Saw him play yesterday and he's still as bubbly as he was when he played for Valencia. Still a key player for his team and would transform the way we attack (especially in a 4-3-3). He's got pace, loves to support the attack and has nifty feet, very suited to the PL imo. He's also just entering his peak and wouldn't cost as much as someone like Deco who's also a few years older than him. Pablo Aimar anyone?

Cracking idea. Got a quite a free kick on him as well.

• 3 months later...

One of the stand out qualities of Arshavin for me is that he appears really suited to our type of league.

By that I mean, he'll not be put off by the fast, powerful, end-to-end nature of our football whereby someone like a Deco or Van Der Vaart might be.

Playing for Russia (I've never seen him at club level mind), he looks like a little battler with a turn of pace and a touch of quality.

That makes him less of a risk imo and hence the reason he got my vote.

One of the stand out qualities of Arshavin for me is that he appears really suited to our type of league.

By that I mean, he'll not be put off by the fast, powerful, end-to-end nature of our football whereby someone like a Deco or Van Der Vaart might be.

Playing for Russia (I've never seen him at club level mind), he looks like a little battler with a turn of pace and a touch of quality.

VDV being Dutch would be alright with it. I have doubts about Deco flourishing in the PL too. Arshavin as you say would be the best of both worlds.

VDV being Dutch would be alright with it. I have doubts about Deco flourishing in the PL too. Arshavin as you say would be the best of both worlds.

Thank you Parkenstein.

Why the fuck am I the only one voting for him?

The shavin ars campaign starts here and it starts now.

Thank you Parkenstein.

Why the fuck am I the only one voting for him?

The shavin ars campaign starts here and it starts now.

Reset the poll.  :thup:

Diego will rock the league, he's the man.

I have doubts about Arshavin and how good he really is. We don't need some hybrid grafter/creator, we really need some geniune creativity and I'm very unsure whether he'll be able to deliver it. He's looked decent at times but even playing for Russia against minnows he never looked special to me. We really need some poncey arrogant up-his-own-arse wanker - those players are always the most creative ;)

It's time we went for some genuine class and since we have the funds, we're better off getting some young stud instead of paying £6m-ish for someone who'll we have to replace in a few years.

In that list, definitly Diego, he is class and i'm surprised Bremen still have him, or even signed him!

I doubt Bremen are the type of club who can hang onto him.

Diego is unrealistic. If he said he wanted to go, how much competition would you have for his signature from Italy, Spain, Bavaria, London, etc. He's not exactly off the radar.

The same probably applies to vdV.

Arshavin a real possibility tho.

I know he's not in your super list parky but Castillo from Shakhtar i think has fell out with the club or something and is available for loan. Surely it could be worth getting him on loan?

I know he's not in your super list parky but Castillo from Shakhtar i think has fell out with the club or something and is available for loan. Surely it could be worth getting him on loan?

Isn't he a forward?

Aye converted forward iirc.

Isn't he a forward?

Not quite sure, i think he is a midfielder as well though

He sounds creative anyway :shifty:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1028640_bianchi_challenge_for_castillo

Bianchi challenge for Castillo

Chris Bailey

17/12/2007

Pocket Mexican rocket Castillo was in the crowd to watch his new team-mates come from behind to beat Bolton 4-2 at Eastlands.

The 23-year-old who only signed a five-year deal at Shakhtar Donetsk in the summer will join the Blues on a year-long loan. He will be eligible to play for the first time away at Newcastle United on New Year's Day.

Castillo has played only eight games in Ukraine after a near £16m summer transfer from Olympiacos where he spent seven years.

He has passed a medical and the move just has to be rubber-stamped by Shakhtar who will receive a loan fee from the Blues. However, Shakthar president Rinat Akhmetov insisted on his club's website that Castillo would cost five million euros on loan.

He said: "A one-year loan -- five million euros and there will be no options, meaning a right to buy (Castillo)," said Akhmetov, the country's richest man.

"If Castillo finds his game... then in a year we'll decide whether to take him back to Shakhtar or sell. And the price could be 20, or 30, or 40, or 50 million euros."

Castillo has already been looking for a flat in Manchester and his Greek wife and three-month-old baby have left Ukraine and gone back to Greece ready to move to England.

In that list, definitly Diego, he is class and i'm surprised Bremen still have him, or even signed him!

I doubt Bremen are the type of club who can hang onto him.

They were still able to get him extending his contract in September when Real Madrid were openly sniffing around...

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1028640_bianchi_challenge_for_castillo

Chris Bailey

17/12/2007

Pocket Mexican rocket Castillo was in the crowd to watch his new team-mates come from behind to beat Bolton 4-2 at Eastlands.

The 23-year-old who only signed a five-year deal at Shakhtar Donetsk in the summer will join the Blues on a year-long loan. He will be eligible to play for the first time away at Newcastle United on New Year's Day.

Castillo has played only eight games in Ukraine after a near £16m summer transfer from Olympiacos where he spent seven years.

He has passed a medical and the move just has to be rubber-stamped by Shakhtar who will receive a loan fee from the Blues. However, Shakthar president Rinat Akhmetov insisted on his club's website that Castillo would cost five million euros on loan.

He said: "A one-year loan -- five million euros and there will be no options, meaning a right to buy (Castillo)," said Akhmetov, the country's richest man.

"If Castillo finds his game... then in a year we'll decide whether to take him back to Shakhtar or sell. And the price could be 20, or 30, or 40, or 50 million euros."

Castillo has already been looking for a flat in Manchester and his Greek wife and three-month-old baby have left Ukraine and gone back to Greece ready to move to England.

He's rubbish :whistle:

Chris Bailey

17/12/2007

Or 2nd January for that matter.