Does the transfer related aspect harm the training prep for the new season?

Guest niina

Guest niina

Just a thought:

I remember the words something like, "Sam Allardyce have the luxury of a full pre-season to prepare his squad in NUFC, unlike some previous managers", which mean he have full pre-season to implement his own training session to the players, and all other things related to training to prepare the squad for the new season.

But, since he became our manager, Sam Allardyce have been very busy on another aspect beside the training session; because he have to negotiating the transfers (some successful, some not) for a hell lot of players (so far 7 players in, but there are many who are unsuccessful like Silvestre, Baines etc, which also "waste" his time). Like some says, he is always on the phone to talk about transfers. Which he needed to, considering we are down to barebone before the new players coming, and we need the new players for the new season.

As the result, supossedly he have less time to get together with the players and less time to implement his training methods (one evidence is in the training camp in Austria he left earlier because he have to negotiate for the new players).

Actually, does it harm the pre-season preparation as a whole?

Discuss :)

Guest optimistic nit

i'm pretty sure when he's on his phone during the match its to the bench. I don't think it wastes too much time, the board handle a lot of the buying aspect.

Guest niina

Because my thought is, the previous regime (Roeder and Souness) had a certain training methods (their own training methods) already implemented daily to the players, which are proved unsuccessful.

Now Allardyce coming, he is implementing his own training methods (which is proven successfully in Bolton). So, while negotating for new players also very important, it's very pity if the negotiations spent a lot of time, so the training methods not implemented optimum.

Because my thought is, the previous regime (Roeder and Souness) had a certain training methods (their own training methods) already implemented daily to the players, which are proved unsuccessful.

Now Allardyce coming, he is implementing his own training methods (which is proven successfully in Bolton). So, while negotating for new players also very important, it's very pity if the negotiations spent a lot of time, so the training methods not implemented optimum.

I think thats a massive generalisation about his time. We have no idea at all how much of his time is taken up with signing players, as opposed to setting up his training regime.

I suspect it's not that much.

Guest Magpiecn

I think thats a massive generalisation about his time. We have no idea at all how much of his time is taken up with signing players, as opposed to setting up his training regime.

I suspect it's not that much.

Agree.Its just speculation.No one knows what hes doing except players and himself.But i sure he know how to deal with it.

Guest Moe-Ali

you'd imagine sam could dedicate a lot more of his time on the training pitch when it is outside the transfer window.

Guest Nipple-on Terry

you'd imagine sam could dedicate a lot more of his time on the training pitch when it is outside the transfer window.