Official Singing Section

kane2005
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Alan Smith song is soooooo s***, but it'll stick.

How about:

"He's thick, he's scouse, he'll f****** rob ya house, Joey Beeeeee, Joey Beeeee."

or...

To "we hate nottingham forest.."

"Rob Lee stole my limoooooo

my limo stole Rob Leeeeeeee

AND LEICESTER

Rob Lee stole my liiiiimo

My limo stole rob lee"

That'd be canny if you changed the "AND LEICESTER" to "AND BARTON". :lol:

The Alan Smith song is soooooo s***, but it'll stick.

How about:

"He's thick, he's scouse, he'll f****** rob ya house, Joey Beeeeee, Joey Beeeee."

or...

To "we hate nottingham forest.."

"Rob Lee stole my limoooooo

my limo stole Rob Leeeeeeee

AND LEICESTER

Rob Lee stole my liiiiimo

My limo stole rob lee"

That'd be canny if you changed the "AND LEICESTER" to "AND BARTON". :lol:

I thought that too!

From Man United but hates Bruce

Hates Steve Bruce, hates Steve Bruce

You can't avoid Alan's abuse

Abuse abuse

When on the pitch he's let loose

He's let loose, he's let loose

Sent-off, bad foul, no excuse

No excuse, no excuse

What's that coming over the hill.

Is it a Smudger? Is it a Smudger?

What's that coming over the hill...

Confused, leg bruised, he limps out

He limps out, he limps out

Face down, Smith crunched him today

Crunched today, crunched today

Feel your leg bend, twist, you shout

Twist you shout, twist you shout

Smith smashed you now you're not moving

Not moving, not moving

etc...

This club is my club,

Made out of two clubs,

To form United,

Oh what a great club,

We'll always be there

Win, Lose we don't care

We are the geordies of

NUUUUFC

This year up,

Next year down,

Roy Keane likes to w*** his hound with a nick nack paddy whack he gives his dog a w***,

Roy Keane's still a f****** manc!

love them to, could understand the top one at matches but not the bottom one

Stephen Carr

Whooooa

Stephen Carr

Whooooa

He used to weigh a tonne

Now he's able to run

Stephen Carr

Whooooa...

owen, wherever you may be,

your up and runnin but you dont fool me,

we dont give a s***, coz your not fully fit,

17million, you theiven git

brilliant whoever made them up!  ;D

Stephen Carr

Whooooa

Stephen Carr

Whooooa

He used to weigh a tonne

Now he's able to run

Stephen Carr

Whooooa...

owen, wherever you may be,

your up and runnin but you dont fool me,

we dont give a s***, coz your not fully fit,

17million, you theiven git

brilliant whoever made them up!  ;D

Kev , get back into your little hole and stop making this topic a waste of time.

Do you have to be an "Ultra" to write new chants/songs like?

No you dont, you dont have to be anything. If your a Newcastle fan who would love the atmosphere to be lifted then technically your 'an ultra'. Its not about 'be with them or be with us', its just about like minded fans making a positive difference and changing the atmosphere.

Guest jimmy1982

if you can get the Milburn going you might have a chance of getting the whole ground going.  However a singing section is absolute bollocks - as Vic said once upon a time, and people have repeated, you can't force people to sing.  I myself like to, but some don't, and I respect that.  To be fair, for many games last season it was hard to motivate yourself to sing as although you liked to, the players on the pitch were so f****** clueless under Roeder's instructions that the idea of a "12th man" would have had no impact.

Milburn is the biggest stand, however it also has all the corporates etc who will not sing.  However if some noise came from those in the paddocks/level 7, we might have an atmosphere.

I sat in the Milburn for 6 years, however I was right at the end of the stand in a paddock, and often sang, joining in with whatever the Gallowgate had on the go.

There's no doubt that the Leazes and Gallowgate are willing/do sing, however if you were to get everyone going, the Milburn, and parts of the East Stand need waking up first.

A singing section is totally ineffective.  If you want to sing, sit in the above mentioned 2 stands, we don't need f****** segregation for it, if you sit in the right place as it is, you're guarenteed a bit of banter and chanting.

To sum up, a singing section won't work, but I do agree the ground at the minute lacks an atmosphere and I for one would be chuffed if this could be resolved.  The only way for this to happen though is if the 11 on the field can give us something to sing about first.

You are missing the point again - the whole idea of a singing section is to allow people who want to sing to do so without feeling daft on their own, and people who just want to watch can to do so with others. What people do at football matches is completely their own choice. However I'm sure every single season ticket holder would like a better atmosphere at SJP, whether they are going to sing or not. Its not forcing anyone to sing at all.

And it's not about segregation at all, it is about CONGREGATION. The people who would apply to be in a singing section wouldn't find themselves shoved into a metal cage with 'SINGING SECTION' above it in flashing lights. It is just a case of re-locating individuals a who have a similar outlook so that they can enjoy the match more and in doing so provide a better atmosphere for the players and other more passive fans to enjoy in turn.

No to believe the theory that the singing would spread to the Milburn and East stands. I myself believe it as I have seen it happen so many times elsewhere. It doesn't matter that much if it does or doesn't - 5000 people sitting together and singing the same song will make a din even if no-one else joins in. I don't understand how anyone can argue that this idea would fail to improve the atmosphere.

The real problem will be moving people around who already hold season tickets. If someone sitting in the Leazes lower tier now gets told he will be moved if he is not comitted to singing, he'll be reluctant to agree to it unless he is guarranteed a lower/middle tier seat somewhere else for fear of being shoved up to level 7. However as long as the club are tactful, and go about re-locating non-singers in a careful way I reckon they could get around this problem.

And of course it is a two way thing, it always has and always will be. But I remember even under SBR, when we had a good team playing well, the noise from our home supporters was often very poor. The present situation needs a helping hand and I just reckon hands down that this is the best solution.

Looks like Liverpool have beaten us to it, so let's watch what happens at their home matches this year - if it doesn't work then I will accept it is not as clear cut as I thought. However if we did do it, I hope we wouldn't choose a daft name for it like 'Kop choir'. Hopefully we'd just send a letter round and make some announcements, inviting applications for a singing section. They've started with 1,800 tickets in the Kop - maybe thats the best way to go: rather than chucking 10,000 people out their seats we experiment with a smaller batch and if it works we expand it according to demand the next season. Surely its worth a try?

Guest jimmy1982

Oh aye, forgot about that. Sounds like a good idea if they do get built.

Mind you these new seats are going to be high up, and the noise might not travel so well, as happened when the Ultras used to be up on Level7. There will also be the question that singers might not want to sacrifice a good view they have now to go miles up just so they can sing. I think I'd be willing to move higher but no idea what the general opinion of that would be (I tried to move my seat in the Leazes middle tier up to level 7 at the start of last season for this reason, but got told by the ticket office I was too late to move and should have applied in the summer. This summer I didn't bother after hearing that it was all young'uns up there making the noise).

"Babayaroooo

He's always in infirmeries

Babayarooooo

He strains his thighs and twists his knees

Babayarooooo

He snaps his groin and hurts his hands

Babayarooooo

You're no good sitting in the stand.

Don't want you, don't want you, don't want you, got a new recruit.