Sam's last signing should be a RB

Skirge

Guest MIKELMAN11

beye made his mind up that he wanted to stay in france and will be playing champs league football this season .

Guest MIKELMAN11

beye made his mind up that he wanted to stay in france and will be playing champs league football this season .

Oba looks about 103 on your avatar photo.

21 or 103 obafemi martins !  :lol:

I have small gossip/information so I just slide it in her.

I don’t know if any of you remember Gudni Bergsson who used to captain Bolton.

Anyway her in Iceland he has his own football show in the TV and he was telling the other commentators that he spoke to Big Sam yesterday.

And Big Sam said to him that he was very confidence for a good season and Gudni said we should a least get sixth place.

But the gossip is that Gudni said later in the show when they wear talking about Icelanders in the premier league that Gretar Steinsson  would be the next In the line to play their and mentioned the Newcastle offer.

I know this doesn’t sound much but I am sure that Gudni would not have brought that up unless he knew something more than the rest of us knowing the relationship he has with Big Sam(he has often mentioned that they talk frequently and Gudni has scouted some Icelandic talent for Big Sam in the past) .

But don’t slaughter me if it is nothing in it I am only sharing that information, not trying to show of some ITK skills.

And by the way Steinsson scored against Inter tonight in an AZ alkmar win, he would be much better than Carr that’s for sure :thup:

Apart from the goal, Carr did well I thought.

:lol:

How many times have I read that about our defenders. This was THE catchphrase for Bramble during the 82 (or was it 87?) seasons he was with us.

I would rather anyone but Carr at the Moment. Bring back Nobby.

Is Steinsson any good?

Well he has flourished under Louis van gal in Ere division, and van gal said in an interview in Iceland that he was one his top signings in his entire carer.

His best attributes are good technique, pace and he his work rate is excellence.

But what I admire most with him is his mentality he always gives his 100% and seems to have endless of self confidence.

Just for example 19 he torn his ACL and at that time most thought that his carer was finish but he decided that he was going to overcome this and become a professional footballer.

So he decides that if he was to overcome this he needed to get to best doctor, he took hefty bank loan so he could have his surgery with one of Europe finest surgeon.

So when he had finished his rehabilitation he hired an agent and just told to get him to any club that would be possible.

And his agent got him to Young boys Bern in Switzerland on rolling contract and van gal snapped him up there several months later.

Ok now you know the Steinsson story :blush:.

I think he could do well here and he is outgoing personality and a good lad (no star syndrome) I think he would have no trouble settling in if he would come her.

Is Steinsson any good?

Well he has flourished under Louis van gal in Ere division, and van gal said in an interview in Iceland that he was one his top signings in his entire carer.

His best attributes are good technique, pace and he his work rate is excellence.

But what I admire most with him is his mentality he always gives his 100% and seems to have endless of self confidence.

Just for example 19 he torn his ACL and at that time most thought that his carer was finish but he decided that he was going to overcome this and become a professional footballer.

So he decides that if he was to overcome this he needed to get to best doctor, he took hefty bank loan so he could have his surgery with one of Europe finest surgeon.

So when he had finished his rehabilitation he hired an agent and just told to get him to any club that would be possible.

And his agent got him to Young boys Bern in Switzerland on rolling contract and van gal snapped him up there several months later.

I think he could do well here and he is outgoing personality and a good lad (no star syndrome) I think he would have no trouble settling in if he would come her.

Nice one, mate. O0

Any idea where the news we bid for the player in the first place come from?

Is Steinsson any good?

Nice one, mate. O0

Any idea where the news we bid for the player in the first place come from?

it was picked up from a local paper in alkmaar, Steinsson has also admitted in a icelandic newspaper that a offer came but it was way below what AZ want for him.

We need to strengthen the right back position. Are there any good right backs that we could get?

I'd like to see us get a player that can play both right back and centre back.

Heitinga?

Ben Haim ;-)?

What do you think?

We need to strengthen the right back position. Are there any good right backs that we could get?

I'd like to see us get a player that can play both right back and centre back.

Heitinga?

Ben Haim ;-)?

What do you think?

Heitinga just signed a new contract and is shit at RB.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Apart from the goal, Carr did well I thought.

Even if we don't buy a right-back, when Cacapa is fully-fit I can see Allardyce playing Taylor at full-back against the Bolton's of this world with Cacapa in the centre.

I don't want to see Taylor playing at full-back, he is a centre-back and one day will be the lynchpin of our defence. He must develop as a centre-back.

Cacapa can play RB but we are now going to lose some RB cover in Solano, looks nailed on that Nobby will leave :( and Carr yesterday although you can say he did okay apart from the goal, its that apart bit that could and will cost us in games.

He over commits going forward and then gets caught out because he has not got the legs to get back..

Guest unrealterrorist

Bring in a Quality RB. And a CB that has played and can play well as a LB and everthing is sorted

Dont know about playing at left back think zoggy is cover for that at the moment but would love Richards and shorey at Newcastle shore up the defence quite nicely.