Allardyce in market for Given replacement

ChezGiven

Guest Magpiecn

Magnus Hedman. Neil Sullivan. Someone like that. We don't need a quality keeper, just someone who can come in for a match in an extreme emergency.

cant agree more

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

If Given remains in and out of the team through injury like he was last season then Allardyce should be looking for a new 1st choice, not 3rd.

i personally would of liked him to attempt to put a bid in for Craig Gordon, but when i mentioned it right at the start before the transfer window everyone laughed at me haha!  :kasper:

If Given remains in and out of the team through injury like he was last season then Allardyce should be looking for a new 1st choice, not 3rd.

i personally would of liked him to attempt to put a bid in for Craig Gordon, but when i mentioned it right at the start before the transfer window everyone laughed at me haha!  :kasper:

£9M for a back-up 'keeper wouldn't have been the best idea, mind.

I could maybe of been slightly off the track there, but Given isnt getting any older, and his time will run out soon(ish) and Gordon is what 20? 21? honeslty dont know. So the experience of him being on the bench and playing whenever Given is injured/ league cup etc will help him, plus he's a 1st choice Scotland international. Get rid of Harper  - Personally hes frustrating (yes i havent seen him much) but when i have he's played rubbish - Id be better off in goal lol.

£9m for anyone who's not of the Van-Der-Sar/Buffon calibre isn't the best idea.

£9m for anyone who's not of the Van-Der-Sar/Buffon calibre isn't the best idea.

Atleast it wasnt £34million for buffon

I don't understand why we need one.  Given first choice, Harper second, put Forster on the bench.  If Harper gets injured, recall Krul.  I don't know that many clubs have (or need) 3 experienced keepers in the squad.

Aye but if we're on the lookout for a 3rd experienced keeper it's a sign they're perhaps not too confident on Given's fitness holding up. He missed a lot of last season and has already done his groin in pre-season which was what gave him trouble last year.