Wenger - A great manager but he's annoyed me already with his bull!!!

Jay Jay Sea

I've been a fan of Wenger for many years now and have total respect for him as a manager (I know he's not everyones cup of tea)  but something he said this yesterday had me thinking, 'hold on! Are we really 10-15 games into the season already'?

Wenger claims that "had Arsenal LOST yesterday then effectively that would have been Arsenal OUT OF CONTENTION for the Premiership title this season".  What???????  One game into the season and already talk of titles being won and lost.  Think this guy needs a reality check (or does he??) or is this just the start of a long season of mind-games..........or am I out of touch with reality for that matter?

I think he means in terms of if they cant beat fulham at home then its a sign of things to come. He went on to talk about the team having the character to turn it around. ie. the fact that they did turn it around proves that they have the tenacity to be title contenders. Not quite a literal matter of points.

Yorkie is out of contention with his dictionary. This puts him in firm connection for the annual N-O nonsense awards.

:lol:

Dave, on queue as ever, pounces on another prey.

Was quite generous this time to be honest, Dave can eat posters for lunch if he wants to.

Yorkie is out of contention with his dictionary. This puts him in firm connection for the annual N-O nonsense awards.

:lol:

Dave, on queue as ever, pounces on another prey.

Was quite generous this time to be honest, Dave can eat posters for lunch if he wants to.

So, they don't get banned...Dave just eats em. :kasper:

Guest zerocipher

I've been a fan of Wenger for many years now and have total respect for him as a manager (I know he's not everyones cup of tea)  but something he said this yesterday had me thinking, 'hold on! Are we really 10-15 games into the season already'?

Wenger claims that "had Arsenal LOST yesterday then effectively that would have been Arsenal OUT OF CONTENTION for the Premiership title this season".  What???????  One game into the season and already talk of titles being won and lost.  Think this guy needs a reality check (or does he??) or is this just the start of a long season of mind-games..........or am I out of touch with reality for that matter?

I don't see what is so hard to understand about that. 1 game has been played, and it opens a lot for speculation now from the results.

Spurs lost to Sunderland, which, unless the mackems do 5x better than all expect, means they lost to a bottom 5 club.

Manchester United were held to a draw by Reading, which while Reading defended basically the whole game, highlighted that ManU is heavy in all areas but up front.

Chelsea let Birmingham City get a goal up on them 2 times. Their defense is looking suspect.

Villa's defense looked like shite. West Ham played like shite. Man City blew all expecataions out of the water. Derby and Portsmouth played a bore draw, with Sol Campbell looking like Bramble. We had people actually decide to show up and really play.

All of the games over the weekend showed people a lot of what to expect through the rest of the season.

And, tbh, Arsenal looked like shite as well. They should have had a draw, or even lost if not for that shite American defender. Getting that goal back was the real turning point to where they actually started to play again.

Anyone read Lawrie Sanchez's comments that he asked his players to close Lehnman down because he is prone to error?

He might well be right, but it is very Roeder-esque to tell everyone your preparation for the match. Good managers guard their secrets tightly, occasionally telling meaningless bits and pieces to satisfy the journalists. Only the mediocre and inexperienced will volunteer to gloat.

Also, anyone read Dave Kitson's interview after the match? He said that Coppell's instructions for him just before he came on was "show passion on the pitch, stop them playing and try to sneak a goal." I thought it is a very succint instruction. Kitson came in and showed his infectious passion. Granted he went over the top for that challenge, but the spirit of Reading players were upheld if not spurred even more. Had Kitson not been sent off, the vital reminder to sneak a goal might well result in a cruel counter attack goal by Reading in the dying minutes.

Fair play to reading. They didn't show any flair but they are as organised and purposeful as usual. And mistake by Ferguson for not naming any striker as sub (Nani, O'Shea, Fletcher, Kuzscak, Pique)

Another thing. I noticed that Reading players and Sunderland players circled together arms on each other before the match. Surely it is not the only way to boost team spirit, but Reading and Sunderland showed tremendous courage and tenacity, and reaped just rewards respectively.

Chelsea used to do the huddle thing and I noticed they stopped last year... hmmmmm.

Madonna used to do the huddle thing.

But Parky a daisy chain with the whole of the LA Lakers really doesn't count as a huddle!!!

Chelsea used to do the huddle thing and I noticed they stopped last year... hmmmmm.

Madonna used to do the huddle thing.

But Parky a daisy chain with the whole of the LA Lakers really doesn't count as a huddle!!!

bluerazz.gif