Beckham scores on MLS debut

Decky

And is it just me, or does the MLS have an abundance of good goalkeepers?, maybe the opposition players just make the keepers look good...=I

They go in for goalkeeping over there, much better with their hands than their feet. Remember Rocky in Escape to Victory? What a  keeper!

Aye, when our males turn 5 they're turned loose into the wild and ordered not to come back until they've picked a sport.  If the lad comes back and announces "soccer" the father casts a wearying gaze at him and with a mournful sigh acquiesces with the condition that he at least be a keeper. 

It's like the beginning of 300, if that helps  :cheesy:

Tried to watch MLS but i can't stand  how.... erm... american it is, not meaning to offend obviously. i mean those lines on the pitch; the american commentators and their bullcrap; the managers who look like Americanfootball coaches; the clipboards.. f*ck the clipboards.

couldnt get past all of those to actually assess the quality though, which i hear is pretty bad anyway.

I think to compare the Championship to the MLS is doing the Championship a disservice.

You only have to look at the quality of players regularly coming out of the Championship to see that it's on a different level altogether. MLS teams would kill for the likes of Michael Carrick, Jermain Defoe, Theo Walcott, or Dean Ashton. There's quality coming out of that league all the time.