New Advertising hoardings

Guest firetotheworks

The electronic adverts are a bit annoying I suppose

What's the problem with scoreboards though? Madness.

No need, if you don't know the score you shouldn't be at the match.

A clock or countdown is handy though. I hate it when grounds don't have one as I don't wear a watch.

I've never once been at the match and thought, "God, I wish there was a scoreboard". Seems pointless to me.

Our new ones show the teams, with booked players highlighted in yellow, and occasionally show action (shots on goal, goals, etc etc). At all times the time remaining is in the corner.

That I find very useful.

Some scoreboards are ok - Man Utd's for example. The score and the time, that's all you need.

Those ones with big screens though, with daft ads all the way through and replays so you spend more time looking at the screen than the pitch, are terrible. What brummie says Villa have sounds awful and the mackems one, with the animated clapping hands when they score, is absolutely horrific.

Another problem I personally have is they provide great photo opportunities for the away fans in the event of an embarrassing home defeat, like so:

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2945/51zn5.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7785/derbyday41ib9.jpg

The electronic adverts are a bit annoying I suppose

What's the problem with scoreboards though? Madness.

No need, if you don't know the score you shouldn't be at the match.

A clock or countdown is handy though. I hate it when grounds don't have one as I don't wear a watch.

We have that now, but a full scoreboard is not required.

Guest East Stander

Thankfully those annoying (to me at least!) Shepherd Offshore and Cameron Hall boards have gone from the back of the East Stand, corporate cleansing at its best!!

No need for a scoreboard/videoscreen.

Like others have said, why are you at the match if you don't know the score?

And I can wait till Football First/MOTD for highlights.

End of.

Guest Immsy7

In all fairness the Villa screen is quite good, with the countdown timer and replays of decent attempts on goal. However this is rather biased (ie hardly ever shows away team chances).

We should definitly not get one with video replays. Hate it when players complain to the ref and point at the screen to claim free-kicks, pens, etc...

That doesn't happen, or it shouldn't. Clubs are specifically forbidden from replaying contentious incidents.

We should definitly not get one with video replays. Hate it when players complain to the ref and point at the screen to claim free-kicks, pens, etc...

That doesn't happen, or it shouldn't. Clubs are specifically forbidden from replaying contentious incidents.

Should be the same at the cricket. Must be a right pain in the arse for an umpire to find out if he's fucked up a LBW decision seconds after he's made it. Either let them use the technology, or remove it from the stadium whatsoever.

In all fairness the Villa screen is quite good, with the countdown timer and replays of decent attempts on goal. However this is rather biased (ie hardly ever shows away team chances).

They've replaced them this summer with much brighter ones, and stopped showing wanky adverts during half time.