FAO Martin Jol

Optimistic Nut

Just read this on another forum by a Spurs fan...

I’ve reached the conclusion that there is definitely unrest behind the scenes at spurs. Jol has clearly reacted badly to a question at the weekend and the Juande Ramos rumours have not helped at all. The story is apparently that Jol and sporting director Damien Comoli can not stand each other. Jol is fuming with Comoli because he has failed for 3 seasons to bring in a left winger and Jol feels that the signings of Rocha and Zokora were mistakes by Comoli. Ramos has admitted he was at the same hotel as a spurs representative but played down the story as coincidence.

And there was me thinking Comolli was the best thing since sliced bread!

This is always the danger with the DOF/First-Team Coach set-up, especially with the ego involved at football's top levels.

Not saying this is 100% true, but it must be a funny relationship to have, moreso than Chairman/Manager.

the problem of spurs is they don't want to pull out their pockets for wages.... how can commolli find the top  players that managers needs if he doesn't have cash to offer... a bit silly actually their ambition reaching the top four.... with no financial basic... like MU, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool. they are just day dreaming...

the problem of spurs is they don't want to pull out their pockets for wages.... how can commolli find the top  players that managers needs if he doesn't have cash to offer... a bit silly actually their ambition reaching the top four.... with no financial basic... like MU, chelsea, arsenal, liverpool. they are just day dreaming...

They seem very tight with the cash and overly cautious.  They can't keep just buying for the future cause the future never arrives. blueyes.gif

As I've maintained since the start of the season Jol will get found out this year.

Jol is building an unbalanced side much like we've done over the years. Heaps of options going forward, pretty threadbare defensive cover. Where have we seen that before?

Barcelona? 8)

Jol is building an unbalanced side much like we've done over the years. Heaps of options going forward, pretty threadbare defensive cover. Where have we seen that before?

Barcelona? 8)

Not quite but you are getting closer...

Just read this on another forum by a Spurs fan...

Ive reached the conclusion that there is definitely unrest behind the scenes at spurs. Jol has clearly reacted badly to a question at the weekend and the Juande Ramos rumours have not helped at all. The story is apparently that Jol and sporting director Damien Comoli can not stand each other. Jol is fuming with Comoli because he has failed for 3 seasons to bring in a left winger and Jol feels that the signings of Rocha and Zokora were mistakes by Comoli. Ramos has admitted he was at the same hotel as a spurs representative but played down the story as coincidence.

And there was me thinking Comolli was the best thing since sliced bread!

As I've said for the past 3 days or so, Jol's friction with Comolli is nothing new since Jol wanted a bigger say in who was being bought, especially SWP at £17m.  His failure to convince either Comolli or Levy that it would be £17m well spent has done nothing to help.  It's well known that Kemsley never wanted Jol appointed in the first place.  The 'news' being leaked from the management camp that Jol spoke to Newcastle 18 months or so ago to replace Souness, may be justification for Spurs that they should speak to Ramos, or it may simply be a smokescreen to give the Jol supporters a reason to think their man isn't all he's cracked up to be. 

I've no idea whether that tale is true or not but what is certain is that the whole saga is getting dirtier by the day and it's not going to end in harmony and light breaking out.