Martin Samuel on Owen

Dinho lad

Absolutely right Bob. ameobi does offer something entirely different. Clearly you don't want to elaborate on it because he offers f*** all.

I beg to differ. Ameobi offers people like yourself the opportunity to vent their frustrations about a Newcastle player, so really you should be thankful he's still here. Gives you something to rant about tbh.

Absolutely right Bob. ameobi does offer something entirely different. Clearly you don't want to elaborate on it because he offers f*** all.

I beg to differ. Ameobi offers people like yourself the opportunity to vent their frustrations about a Newcastle player, so really you should be thankful he's still here. Gives you something to rant about tbh.

Yes, having someone a league above his actual ability os always a good idea.

Guest robertbobo

You are clearly under 50 years of age - high balls 'NOT THE NEWCASTLE WAY'..???

In 1969, we won the club's ONLY Trophy worth talking about in 40 years using a version of that strategy - most of the Foreign sides we faced simply couldn't handle Wyn Davies' ability to jump higher than their defenders, and Pop Robson picked up the pieces to blast in some memorable goals.....

You're right I am under 50. But European football is so different nowadays, in fact England is so different nowadays, that I doubt that style will win anything anymore at the top level.

Probably most importantly you say that Wyn Davies had the ability to jump higher than their defenders - one of our problems on Saturday was that Viduka could hardly get off the ground.

Good to see owen back on saturday

still wouldnt start him as martins has played for his place from last season and pre-season+ prem first 2games

"played for his place"? SO does it matter whether or not he's actually been better? Or would simply showing up get him a start ahead of a better player (whether thats Owen or someone else)?