Typical Scousers!

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Knightrider

Is it time some Newcastle fans stopped being so self-righteous when it comes to how we criticise fans from other teams ?

I have supported Newcastle for years and believe me we have had some horrible bastards following us over the years.

I can remember during the 80's when we had a reputation for being amongst the racist and violent fans in the country.

You couldn't walk up Gallowgate end without having half a dozen knuckle-draggers trying to flog you the house magazine of the NF.

Before the Bolton game this season Newcastle fans were banned from one pub because the place was trashed last season.

I love Newcastle and things have improved a hell of a lot over the last few years but please don't lets fool ourselves that our reputation is squeaky clean.   

Agreed.

Is it time some Newcastle fans stopped being so self-righteous when it comes to how we criticise fans from other teams ?

I have supported Newcastle for years and believe me we have had some horrible bastards following us over the years.

I can remember during the 80's when we had a reputation for being amongst the racist and violent fans in the country.

You couldn't walk up Gallowgate end without having half a dozen knuckle-draggers trying to flog you the house magazine of the NF.

Before the Bolton game this season Newcastle fans were banned from one pub because the place was trashed last season.

I love Newcastle and things have improved a hell of a lot over the last few years but please don't lets fool ourselves that our reputation is squeaky clean.    

Agreed.

I dont think anyones being self-righteous here, every away game attracts a undesirable element, thats their nature, tradition etc. Us maybe more than others, and ive been embarrased at times over the years by parts of our support.

but the scousers, jesus christ. they really are in a league of their own. The only team where the the total arseholes appear to make up the majority, rather than the minority, home and away.

The self pitying hypocracy and the fact they never take any blame for their actions makes them even worse. Their the football equivelent of Ambulence chasers.

I remember after the CL final some prick getting interviewed on tele saying with a straight face it was a disgrace he'd been allowed in the ground in Athens with a fake ticket he'd bought. Unbelieveable.

Although I must say while ive been to Anfield 4 times, the one time I went to Everton as a fifteen year old the fans were sound, got us pissed, and made sure we got our train. Then my Dad got slashed with a slanley knife across his face in the seventies, so maybe we were just lucky.

this 96 empty seat thing though, its just cringeworthy.

theres hardly no fighting, disturbance every game i go to, oviously the odd few

even in europe when ive went away twice, just having a laugh

and just above saying about scouser having a fake ticket...who wouldnt? i would rather take a risk of a fake ticket to see a champions league final than watch it on a telly in the nearest bar (shocking how they got in like) shite security?

Guest Digger

I'm a Scouser who has posted here a few times. Sorry to intrude.

This is just one of a number of measures bought up in consultation about how to take the best of Anfield to Stanley Park. It’s not just about Hillsborough either but everything from the Shankly Gates to the This Is Anfield sign. I think it was one of the suggestions bought up because of the Olympicos stuff going on when we were in Athens at the same time.

As is the norm, the media have taken the most headline worthy idea submitted thus far and ran with it. There are loads for things being considered; doing nothing, bringing over the current memorial, and hundreds in between. None of which has been decided upon.

Most I know are against this particular idea, and if you look at any Liverpool board, like RAWK, the same is true.

On RAWK the idea, Rushian's of this parish I believe, that is popular is giving 96 seats per match to local school kids rather than leave them empty.

But hey typical Scousers!

Hope you get a result against Boro on Sunday, I really can’t stand them.

Guest Digger

Agreed mate, it's probably what will happen.

Although I have no problem kids getting to see Liverpool for free or cheaply however it comes about. Can't see the club going for it though.

theres hardly no fighting, disturbance every game i go to, oviously the odd few

even in europe when ive went away twice, just having a laugh

and just above saying about scouser having a fake ticket...who wouldnt? i would rather take a risk of a fake ticket to see a champions league final than watch it on a telly in the nearest bar (shocking how they got in like) s**** security?

Its not complaining that the bloke had simply bought a fake ticket because he was desperate to see the game and used it on the off chance he would get in mate. Thats probably morally wrong, but I agree its something alot of us (myself included) would seriously consider.

It was that this bloke had actively gone out and bought what he knew to be a fake ticket, and when asked whether or not he felt guilty that his fellow supporters with genuine tickets hadn't been able to get in the ground, he said no - it was nothing to do with him and that it was UEFAs fault for allowing him inside in the first place. Surely you can see this is a completely hypocritical attitude? and while every club has its arseholes, this sort of refusal to accept blame and the fact that this bloke adopted a holier than thou attitude despite creating the problem in the first place I reakon is typical of many scousers.

As for football violence, Anfield is the only place ive expierienced it. Seen people getting chased, a lad on the deck getting kicked in by about 6 people, my best made got twatted in the face, and been hoyd out this pub by an absolute wradgie.

While obviously you cant generalise about any group of people completely, (im sure theres some lovely scousers...) surely people can judge a certain demographic on their own expieriences?

Guest elbee909

While obviously you cant generalise about any group of people completely, (im sure theres some lovely scousers...) surely people can judge a certain demographic on their own expieriences?

Therein lies the difficulty - unless you've experienced every member of a certain demographic, it'll always be a generalisation.

Guest Rushian

I don't see what's wrong with the memorial that's already there. Move it to the new stadium and you'll keep the most people happy and offend the least people as well - seems the sensible thing to do.

Which is what I'd say at least 90% of Liverpool fans have said across a wide spectrum of websites/fanzines/supporters groups. This isn't even a news story and was given a straight bat by LFC's press office so why the f*** the national press and media have decided to run with it no one knows, particularly as such decisions are a couple of years off at least. Perhaps it suits the media's agenda to portray a certain image? Who knows. It certainly seems to have reeled in the usual knee-jerk generalists among opposition fans.

Agreed.

How would you know? :razz:

They fucking make me wanna puke!

Do you remember what they were like when that Ken Bigley got his bonce lopped off?  :angel: RIP

God it was so funny when Boris Johnston had a go at them!  ;D ;D

Boris Quotes!

The article, in the issue dated 16 October, says people in Liverpool "cannot accept that they might have made any contribution to their misfortunes, but seek rather to blame someone else for it, thereby deepening their sense of shared tribal grievance about the rest of society".

It says Liverpudlians "wallow" in their "victim status", adding it is part of the "deeply unattractive psyche" of many in the city.

Typical Scouser Response

"He doesn't even know how many people died at Hillsborough. They wrote that it was 'more than 50'.

"I doubt whether he has ever been to Liverpool.

"We don't see ourselves as victims. We're a friendly city and we stand by each other when one of us gets hurt or killed."

They fucking make me wanna puke!

Do you remember what they were like when that Ken Bigley got his bonce lopped off?  :angel: RIP

Boris Quotes!

The article, in the issue dated 16 October, says people in Liverpool "cannot accept that they might have made any contribution to their misfortunes, but seek rather to blame someone else for it, thereby deepening their sense of shared tribal grievance about the rest of society".

It says Liverpudlians "wallow" in their "victim status", adding it is part of the "deeply unattractive psyche" of many in the city.

Typical Scouser Response

"He doesn't even know how many people died at Hillsborough. They wrote that it was 'more than 50'.

"We don't see ourselves as victims. We're a friendly city and we stand by each other when one of us gets hurt or killed."

".......unless we have to rip CL final tickets out of the hands of children, or storm the turnstiles/use forged tickets to get in, and risk another tragedy. But that won't be our fault, it'll be the Italians again. And Millwall fans. And ley lines. But not us".

They f****** make me wanna puke!

Boris Quotes!

Typical Scouser Response

".......unless we have to rip CL final tickets out of the hands of children, or storm the turnstiles/use forged tickets to get in, and risk another tragedy. But that won't be our fault, it'll be the Italians again. And Millwall fans. And ley lines. But not us".

Exackkhly! (in a scouse accent natually!)

There twats!

Boris Quotes!

Typical Scouser Response

Exackkhly! (in a scouse accent natually!)

There twats!

in fairness, my hatred is directed at Liverpool fans specifically, so an Irish or Scandinavian-type accent would be more appropriate.

Guest Rushian

Do you remember what they were like when that Ken Bigley got his bonce lopped off? 

Out of interest what were they like? There was one memorial service in the Anglican Cathedral, and a Mass in the Town Hall attended by a massive 200 people - less than 99% of funerals. There was actually very little interest in the Bigley case in Liverpool though the national media wanked themselves silly over it for months.

Boris Quotes!

Typical Scouser Response

Community grieves for dead chicken

Last updated at 14:54pm on 24th October 2005

A community mourning the death of a mystery "baby" was told today: "Stop grieving, it's only a chicken."

A makeshift shrine of flowers and cards sprang up after a member of the public discovered the remains of a foetus in a back alley in Anfield, Liverpool.

Merseyside Police cordoned off the scene to investigate, but tests soon revealed that it was only a chicken foetus.

The truth was reported in a local newspaper, but a rumour had already swept the area that a dead baby had been found.

More than a dozen bunches of flowers were laid at the scene by well-wishers, along with teddy bears and cards.

One card read: "RIP Little Baby. Safe in the arms of Jesus. From someone who is a loving mother xxxx." A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police stressed today that the remains were not human.

She said: "It seems a member of the public saw the remains of a foetus, which possibly resembled a human foetus, and called us.

"We cordoned off the area to investigate, as we would with any possible suspicious death, but it became apparent it was not a human foetus.

"The flowers and cards are obviously the result of local gossip, but we can assure people that the remains were not human."

Conservative MP Boris Johnson was forced to apologise last year after the Spectator magazine, which he edits, claimed that Liverpudlians typify "the mawkish sentimentality of a society hooked on grief".

From the Daily Hate but the story was carried by non fascist media like the Beeb

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=366403&in_page_id=1770&ito=1490

And your point is?

This has nothing to do with Newcastle's reputation, the thread is about Liverpool and how hypocritical their fans are, not Newcastle United fans.

And your point is?

This has nothing to do with Newcastle's reputation, the thread is about Liverpool and how hypocritical their fans are, not Newcastle United fans.

:lol:

Guest thenorthumbrian

And your point is?

I am saying lets have a little bit less hypocritical holier-than-thou attititude towards other fans (regardless of who they support).

Perhaps I mentioned Newcastle Utd fans because this is a Newcastle forum...

There are times when I have been really proud of supporting Newcastle mainly after various cup-final / semi final defeats and the fans have been superb.

Other times I havent been proud at all.

Before we throw dirt at others we should admit we ain't so perfect and the dirt can come back the other way.

And your point is?

I am saying lets have a little bit less hypocritical holier-than-thou attititude towards other fans (regardless of who they support).

There are times when I have been really proud of supporting Newcastle mainly after various cup-final / semi final defeats and the fans have been superb.

Before we throw dirt at others we should admit we ain't so perfect and the dirt can come back the other way.

So are you denying that Liverpool fans are frequently hypocritical, history-rewriting, whining self-pitying twats?

And your point is?

Yes we've had our problems just like any other club, and we acknowledge them and things for most part have changed.

That cannot be said of the Liverpool fans, and that is the point, nothing else.

Don't try and turn this into a glass house scenario, because it simply isn't about that and you should know it.

Guest Rushian

Yes we've had our problems just like any other club, and we acknowledge them and things for most part have changed.

Don't try and turn this into a glass house scenario, because it simply isn't about that and you should know it.

It's just another excuse to have a few cheap shots over a non-news story and an idea a huge majority of LFC fans find distasteful. Take a trip to any LFC forum and you'll see comments describing it as eerie/mawkish and asking what is wrong with the current memorial. Or you can continue to spout inaccurate generalisations as it fits the stereotype you want to portray.

It's just another excuse to have a few cheap shots over a non-news story and an idea a huge majority of LFC fans find distasteful. Take a trip to any LFC forum and you'll see comments describing it as eerie/mawkish and asking what is wrong with the current memorial. Or you can continue to spout inaccurate generalisations as it fits the stereotype you want to portray.

It's funny that 2 of the most reasonable and well-tempered Liverpool fans we've had on here can't alter the general opinion that Scousers are pitiful, moaning work-shy wankers.

Guest Ebolarama

People bitching on the internet at plans for a memorial for some people who lost their lives? Say it ain't so! The internet is the last bastion of morality in the world!

*gasps so audibly that the window shatters*