More Ashley Nonsense

Guest Guinness

:lol:

Is that at the irony?

what irony ? Says the person who thinks 15th is successful in the 1970's and qualifying regularly for europe is failure in the current decade

The person who thinks 15th is successful in the 1970s and qualifying regularly for europe is failure in the current decade says "what irony?"

That's almost written in the fourth person, depending on interpretation. Impressive.

Is that at the irony?

what irony ? Says the person who thinks 15th is successful in the 1970's and qualifying regularly for europe is failure in the current decade

The person who thinks 15th is successful in the 1970s and qualifying regularly for europe is failure in the current decade says "what irony?"

That's almost written in the fourth person, depending on interpretation. Impressive.

I don't believe I have ever said I was anything but undewhelmed by our league positions and lack of ambition in the 1970's, apart from one season when we were 5th - the only top 6 position between the 1950's and 1994 - and a season and a half when Gordon Lee was manager.

MICK, however, has stated that he thinks it was a good period - and the board were "just the same"

mackems.gif

As you probably know already but wouldn't admit it.

what irony ? Says the person who thinks 15th is successful in the 1970's and qualifying regularly for europe is failure in the current decade  mackems.gif

You couldn't make it up .....  ;D

I'm a bit surprised that you had to ask that question considering you're the person who claimed that you were not Leazes on other forums then have a go at somebody about who they are, or are not on other forums. :lol:

I had my reasons at the time. Which were agreed to keep quiet, as HTT will confirm, as well as one or two other people.

I don't believe that I have been obsessed enough with someone to go on another forum and call them by a different name though. I expect you will make something up that suits you as usual and ignore this  mackems.gif

Each to their own, I'm not really arsed, but as i said, there was a reason. And now, people know me on here as NE5 so I may as well stick with it. I can't say that I'm surprised at someone from toontastic behaving like a hypocrite and an idiot though  mackems.gif

And again. :lol:

You're obsessed man.

I'm obsessed with qualifying for europe Dave, playing in front of big crowds, and buying top footballers. I like it. It means nobody can laugh at you, despite some poor dears claiming otherwise

mackems.gif

I don't believe I have ever said I was anything but undewhelmed by our league positions and lack of ambition in the 1970's, apart from one season when we were 5th - the only top 6 position between the 1950's and 1994 - and a season and a half when Gordon Lee was manager.

MICK, however, has stated that he thinks it was a good period - and the board were "just the same"

mackems.gif

What I've said about the '70's is that I enjoyed the football at the time, I'm sure you've said the same yourself, if you didn't enjoy it at the time why did you have a season ticket?  I've never said that it was a "good period."

I've never said that board were "just the same."  I've said that I don't think Shepherd was any better than chairman like McKeag.

mackems.gif

What I've said about the '70's is that I enjoyed the football at the time, I'm sure you've said the same yourself, if you didn't enjoy it at the time why did you have a season ticket?  I've never said that it was a "good period."

I've never said that board were "just the same."  I've said that I don't think Shepherd was any better than chairman like McKeag.

Why did I buy a season ticket ? Why do you think I - and anyone else - bought a season ticket ? Daft question. Not everybody wraps their hand in when we really have a shite board and unambitious club. What it does mean however, is that you should know when you have a decent one when you see it.

And yet you're seemingly desperate for Ashley to fail just so you can say you were right about Shepherd et al.

Daft comment. I sold him my shares. And if we don't win owt in the next 15-20 years I may have kicked the bucket

I had my reasons at the time. Which were agreed to keep quiet, as HTT will confirm, as well as one or two other people.

I don't believe that I have been obsessed enough with someone to go on another forum and call them by a different name though. I expect you will make something up that suits you as usual and ignore this  mackems.gif

Each to their own, I'm not really arsed, but as i said, there was a reason. And now, people know me on here as NE5 so I may as well stick with it. I can't say that I'm surprised at someone from toontastic behaving like a hypocrite and an idiot though  mackems.gif

Fair enough but others may also have reasons to use different user names and if you did have reasons then you should be the last to questions others as you should know how others may feel.

Is that at the irony?

You just have. In the previous post. You said that the person who thinks 15th is successful in the 1970s and qualifying regularly for europe is failure in the current decade (which could only be referring to yourself, based on the next part) says; "what irony?"

Yes, I probably do know already but wouldn't admit it. Even though I have literally no idea what you're talking about.

Nice use of tense though.

Could you have kept your shares?

yes, but I was running the risk of them being worthless. I chose to sell them while I could, and because it became obvious he was going to buy them all up.

Its a double edged sword, I liked having shares and being a shareholder, but it was time to move on and hope it was all in the clubs best interests at the same time, is how I saw it.

All I am doing here BTW, is expressing concern at the comments that Allardyce has made concering support etc from the board. You would have to be pretty naive to dismiss them. We have had good managers before who walked for lack of support. None of our managers EVER said this when the Halls and Shepherd ran the club. If you choose to ignore this because you don't want to consider the possibility that this could happen, its your prerogative. I want Newcastle United to win things and couldn't give a rats arse who owns the club and what their public profile is, to a degree. I've said this often enough, and I'm sure that YOU should have seen it. I'll believe Ashley actually has high ambitions for the club - unlike many others who are taking it for granted -

when I see more concrete evidence.

Nowt wrong with that.

Is that at the irony?

You just have. In the previous post. You said that the person who thinks 15th is successful in the 1970s and qualifying regularly for europe is failure in the current decade (which could only be referring to yourself, based on the next part) says; "what irony?"

Yes, I probably do know already but wouldn't admit it. Even though I have literally no idea what you're talking about.

Nice use of tense though.

Thanks for the reply Andy. Glad I provoked a response from you, its been a long time.

Why did I buy a season ticket ? Why do you think I - and anyone else - bought a season ticket ? Daft question. Not everybody wraps their hand in when we really have a s**** board and unambitious club. What it does mean however, is that you should know when you have a decent one when you see it.

How is it a daft question?  Were we good when you first bought the season ticket or were we always a shit and unambitious club?

Fair enough but others may also have reasons to use different user names and if you did have reasons then you should be the last to questions others as you should know how others may feel.

I'm not surprised you don't get it. That isn't what I said at all.

Why did I buy a season ticket ? Why do you think I - and anyone else - bought a season ticket ? Daft question. Not everybody wraps their hand in when we really have a s**** board and unambitious club. What it does mean however, is that you should know when you have a decent one when you see it.

How is it a daft question?  Were we good when you first bought the season ticket or were we always a shit and unambitious club?

As you have said you have "always" supported the club, you would know that we were always an unambitious club. Joe Harvey bought some good, or great, players for the club during his time, but essentially he did it with one hand behind his back and despite having a shite board. Its obvious to anyone who was there at the time, so how come you don't know  mackems.gif

yes, but I was running the risk of them being worthless. I chose to sell them while I could, and because it became obvious he was going to buy them all up.

Its a double edged sword, I liked having shares and being a shareholder, but it was time to move on and hope it was all in the clubs best interests at the same time, is how I saw it.

All I am doing here BTW, is expressing concern at the comments that Allardyce has made concering support etc from the board. You would have to be pretty naive to dismiss them. We have had good managers before who walked for lack of support. None of our managers EVER said this when the Halls and Shepherd ran the club. If you choose to ignore this because you don't want to consider the possibility that this could happen, its your prerogative. I want Newcastle United to win things and couldn't give a rats arse who owns the club and what their public profile is, to a degree. I've said this often enough, and I'm sure that YOU should have seen it. I'll believe Ashley actually has high ambitions for the club - unlike many others who are taking it for granted -

Nowt wrong with that.

What comments from Allardyce are you concerned about?  Are the ones where he thanked Mort or Ashley, I can't remember which, for allowing him to spend more money then he's ever spent before?

The only negative comments from Allardyce were in the first few weeks of us having a new owner and chairman when he said something about them not acting quick enough, everything else has been positive as far as I remember.

As for Ashley, he's spent more than £160 million of his own personal wealth, nobody in the history of our club have done that, not a single person, on that score he's streets ahead of the rest.

As you have said you have "always" supported the club, you would know that we were always an unambitious club. Joe Harvey bought some good, or great, players for the club during his time, but essentially he did it with one hand behind his back and despite having a s**** board. Its obvious to anyone who was there at the time, so how come you don't know  mackems.gif

So a shit board of an unambitious club can buy good or great players, interesting.  :lol:

As you have said you have "always" supported the club, you would know that we were always an unambitious club. Joe Harvey bought some good, or great, players for the club during his time, but essentially he did it with one hand behind his back and despite having a s**** board. Its obvious to anyone who was there at the time, so how come you don't know  mackems.gif

So a shit board of an unambitious club can buy good or great players, interesting.  :lol:

the fact that you fail to grasp the complete picture speaks volumes.

and proves that you were indeed happy with the ambition of a club that finished 15th for 3 consecutive seasons, and only once in the top 5 for 40 years, pre-1992

Nowt wrong with that.

What comments from Allardyce are you concerned about?  Are the ones where he thanked Mort or Ashley, I can't remember which, for allowing him to spend more money then he's ever spent before?

The only negative comments from Allardyce were in the first few weeks of us having a new owner and chairman when he said something about them not acting quick enough, everything else has been positive as far as I remember.

As for Ashley, he's spent more than £160 million of his own personal wealth, nobody in the history of our club have done that, not a single person, on that score he's streets ahead of the rest.

He's bought the club, and added to the value if he sells it on, if he does he'll get his money back and more. You whined on for long enough that Shepherd never spent his own money - despite nobody ever saying that he did  ;D - and now you are saying Ashley is spending his own. He's not spent a penny more than the Halls and Shepherd did.

How ironic and contractory a view can you get. You've almost topped some of your past efforts, which takes some doing  mackems.gif

As for your failure to construe Allardyces comments, and even understand them or acknowledge that no Newcastle manager ever made comments like that under the Halls and Shepherd, you have proved again your lack of perception and one-eyed views on the past and current regimes at the club.

I think Leazes simply saw the word "nonsense" in the title and, having a bountiful supply at hand, decided to contribute some of it.

likewise it attracts the mackem WUM, who dishes the dirt on the club he says he supports to London journos who hate Newcastle

mackems.gif