Habib Beye signs three year deal

JH

Everything seems dream for me after year and year problems it seems everything is going to the right direction. I never thought Big Sam will become this good and neat on knowing his stuff.

I'm the same. Is been so long, I can barely even remember being this happy about the club and its future.

We all know its early days but I can't help but grin like a chesire cat  :icon_cat: :icon_biggrin:

Although I hate to mention the "R"-Word, so much for Roeder's insistence that we needed to be in Europe in order to draw good players. Barton, Viduka, Rozenhal, Geremi, Smith, Enrique, Faye & Beye. F*ck! Did I miss anyone? They're all pretty quality signings where I sit. Every one of them strengthens the squad.

The signings of Beye and Faye would complete an excellent transformation of our defence in the space of a few months - as I said yesterday about Rozy, the players Sam has brought in represent a complete turnround in the Club's buying policies ; we used to get stung for huge fees to sign basically ordinary(and in some cases, actually bad)players.

With Rozy, Capaca, Beye, Faye and Enrique, we have got a defence which is full of both experience and quality - yes, most of them are around 30, but all have at least 3 years in them, and both Enrique & Rozy will give us at least 5 - all this in return for around 10.5m quid in fees, absolutely magic buying..

And how much did we get for Dyer & Parker...!!???

All we really need now is a decent playmaker to get the forwards moving properly and we will really be in business ; in mt opinion, Sam is doing it the right way, and building from the back. Many NUFC fans don't like this approach, but history tells you that its the only way to long-term success.

It may not be pretty to watch at first and we will all grumble about scrappy football, but as long as we start winning and maybe even getting a trophy on board, we will gradually get better players in he creative positions.

Its all great stuff - lets hope that, in true NUFC style, something doesn't come along to drag defeat out of the jaws of victory....!!

oh now this is realllll class here, such an improvement on getting glenny johnson from chelski, still would like to have diarra though

Guest TinoInHiding

Although I hate to mention the "R"-Word, so much for Roeder's insistence that we needed to be in Europe in order to draw good players. Barton, Viduka, Rozenhal, Geremi, Smith, Enrique, Faye & Beye. F*ck! Did I miss anyone?They're all pretty quality signings where I sit. Every one of them strengthens the squad.

Only Cacapa, perhaps the best of the lot... :celb: :clap: :celb:

Guest hagler

Is it pronounced 'Beye', like gay, but with a b?

So it is pronounced like bay then, as in Whitley BAY but without the Whitley.

or like "sitting on the dock of the bay" by otis reading". without the "sitting on the dock of the" by otis reading".bit

Is it pronounced 'Beye', like gay, but with a b?

So it is pronounced like bay then, as in Whitley BAY but without the Whitley.

or like "sitting on the dock of the bay" by otis reading". without the "sitting on the dock of the" by otis reading".bit

Or Bay City Rollers, without the City Rollers.

Guest ExiledGeordie

I like the fact that after years of torment with utterly useless defences someone has finally come in and gone straight for the defence to completely overhaul it. If this is true about Beye that would be an immense signing. If we finally complete the signing of Faye you're looking at proper bunch of bruisers. Thats forming the type of defence that can go to places like the Bridge or Old Trafford and not be scared/overawed into making mistakes........and bash people up.

Yeah I'd like to see a creative player brought in but im not going to cry about it if we dont. These two signings would round off an exceptional summer of signings.

I like the fact that after years of torment with utterly useless defences someone has finally come in and gone straight for the defence to completely overhaul it.

To be fair, 4 of Gullit's 6 signings were Domi, Dumas, Goma & Marcelino. He at least had a bash at it even if he did f*ck it up.

Guest Phil K

I like the fact that after years of torment with utterly useless defences someone has finally come in and gone straight for the defence to completely overhaul it.

We finally are beginning to look more tight at the back - unheard of.....well done, Sam.