The Carling Cup Thread

NSG

I have to say though, after seeing the actual video of the injury I feel bad for the guy. Especially as it was an absolutely sickening and unnecessary challenge. The defender was beaten and blatantly just kicked him in the back of the leg. I think he should be banned  for it.

I don't think this injury can be put down to him being injury prone either as it was such a horrible challenge that would have probably knackered a lot of people. I hate dirty challenges like those, they make my blood boil.

TBF the challenge was no worse than the one Milner got booked for on Sunday

Milner break the guy's leg did he?

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Talk of banning the player is nonsense. It was a rather crude challenge, but in no way was it a 'leg breaker'.

Dyer was just unfortunate.

Dyer's just weak.

I must admit i laughed for several minutes when i heard the news last night. I thought about all the times this prick was a total cunt towards the club and how little he actually valued his career as a footballer or his ability to be a role model for children.

Today i'm not laughing, just my sense of relief he's gone and is not our problem anymore has been reinforced to a point where this is probably the best sale of a player this club has seen in a long time.

However i do not wish him a speedy recovery, that is reserved for people who deserve it, for those bothered about the football, for those who are decent people, which Dyer certainly isn't and never will be no matter how many times he gets to try and change peoples opinions of him, he fails everytime.

I must admit I was laughing yesterday (as many of my posts show  :lol:) but today after seeing the challenge a few times on SSN, it looks bad and he looked in a bad way. All the best for recovery  :thup:, like TT says, I'm just relieved he's not our problem anymore

Talk of banning the player is nonsense. It was a rather crude challenge, but in no way was it a 'leg breaker'.

Dyer was just unfortunate.

I probably wasn't clear enough. When I said banned I meant for a game or two. I thought it was a horrific challenge.

I have to say though, after seeing the actual video of the injury I feel bad for the guy. Especially as it was an absolutely sickening and unnecessary challenge. The defender was beaten and blatantly just kicked him in the back of the leg. I think he should be banned  for it.

I don't think this injury can be put down to him being injury prone either as it was such a horrible challenge that would have probably knackered a lot of people. I hate dirty challenges like those, they make my blood boil.

I didn't see the Dyer one but Milner's was just cynical in terms of it being a deliberate trip, rather than any attempt to injure the player.

I didn't see the Dyer one but Milner's was just cynical in terms of it being a deliberate trip, rather than any attempt to injure the player.

Exactly. The guy wasn't thinking "Oh, I'll just break Dyer's leg here" It's about the challenge, not about what happens as a result. Dyer's was just a freek accident.

aye but a leg isn't going to break on its own.. the tackle must have had a lot of force behind it, considerably more than milners challenge which didn't break a limb.

aye but a leg isn't going to break on its own.. the tackle must have had a lot of force behind it, considerably more than milners challenge which didn't break a limb.

Have you actually seen the challenge? He went to kick the ball and kicked Dyer's leg instead and Dyer must have caught his studs in the ground which caused the break. Hardly the most cynical challenge on the planet. I've seen worse which have caused less injury.

Have you actually seen the challenge? He went to kick the ball and kicked Dyer's leg instead and Dyer must have caught his studs in the ground which caused the break. Hardly the most cynical challenge on the planet. I've seen worse which have caused less injury.

Oooh, here i was thinking that the cynicism broke the lads leg- good we got that sorted, i was really starting to get confused.

I must admit i laughed for several minutes when i heard the news last night. I thought about all the times this prick was a total c*** towards the club and how little he actually valued his career as a footballer or his ability to be a role model for children.

Today i'm not laughing, just my sense of relief he's gone and is not our problem anymore has been reinforced to a point where this is probably the best sale of a player this club has seen in a long time.

However i do not wish him a speedy recovery, that is reserved for people who deserve it, for those bothered about the football, for those who are decent people, which Dyer certainly isn't and never will be no matter how many times he gets to try and change peoples opinions of him, he fails everytime.

ffs u speak about him as if hes a murderer ,"he doesnt deserve a quick recovery", the guys broke his leg in two places,get a grip no need to be bitter, i hope he recovers, ok im not too fond of him as a footballer, and your point about him being a **** etc is correct, but bit harsh to be like "i hope he deoest recover quick blah la la" is just a bit much,

dyer was lucky to land a job which payed alot of money, hes not a murderer,pysco, rapist, hes is a decent guy (not the best football or attitude) however there is probebly many people who watch football that arnt decent people, who are alot worse than dyer

who cares, he aint our player anymore

I must admit i laughed for several minutes when i heard the news last night. I thought about all the times this prick was a total c*** towards the club and how little he actually valued his career as a footballer or his ability to be a role model for children.

ffs u speak about him as if hes a murderer ,"he doesnt deserve a quick recovery", the guys broke his leg in two places,get a grip no need to be bitter, i hope he recovers, ok im not too fond of him as a footballer, and your point about him being a **** etc is correct, but bit harsh to be like "i hope he deoest recover quick blah la la" is just a bit much,

dyer was lucky to land a job which payed alot of money, hes not a murderer,pysco, rapist, hes is a decent guy (not the best football or attitude) however there is probebly many people who watch football that arnt decent people, who are alot worse than dyer

who cares, he aint our player anymore

I never said 'i hope he doesn't recover quick' or that 'he doesn't deserve a quick recovery', just that he wont get my wishes of a speedy recovery. Big difference. Please do not put words into my mouth thanks.  :thup:

Guest mobiius

Seen a few more serious challenges that haven't had such devastating results(for dire anyway) it makes me think that what ever meds he is on for his "mystery illness" is making him totally incapable of competing in the sport of football no doubt he will go through the motions of getting back to fitness whilst getting his wage and then he will suffer more set backs and call it a day after he is about 5 or 6 million £ richer. best thing we have done in a long time is getting rid of him imo

A few for the album?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/media/images/galleries/sport/football/foc/large/20070829_11_gyi0000630313.jpg

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/media/images/galleries/sport/football/foc/large/20070828_21_gyi0000629004.jpg

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/media/images/galleries/sport/football/foc/large/20070828_21_gyi0000628962.jpg

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/media/images/galleries/sport/football/foc/large/20070828_21_gyi0000628955.jpg