Tottenham's version of N-O's "Buying from our Premiership rivals"

Rich

Guest kingdawson

Given

chimbonda    king     Dawson   Bale

Lennon     Barton     Malbranque  N'zogbia

Berbatov   Owen (if he proved his fitness)

Subs: Robbo, Kaboul, Milner, Jenas, Bent or Martins

:lol:

Dont get whats funny tbh.

Given

chimbonda    king    Dawson  Bale

Lennon    Barton    Malbranque  N'zogbia

Berbatov  Owen (if he proved his fitness)

You stole my idea for a response. :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

The thing is, the injuries king suffered didnt seem to have effected him in anyway. Even Owen himself admits he's lost a yard of pace due to the injuries his suffered.

You seemed to disappear after the s*** start to the season. Any reason you've crawled out from that rock you live under?

Was on holiday and now im back.

So what would the best X1 Be then (be honest please)??

i don't really like these threads but i'll answer anyway.

Given

Chimbonda Cacapa Rozy (King when fit) Enrique/Bale

Lennon Geremi Huddlestone (or maybe Malbranque) N'Zogbia

Berb Martins (Owen if back to best)

Robbo

Bent

Solano

Viduka

Malbranque

Again i dont really understand what the joke is. Surely the only one you can actually doubt is Dawson??

I'd more than doubt it, personally.

And the sheer lack of balance in your team says more than I possibly could... and I'm quite articulate.

Tbh Milner ahead of Lennon is just as pathetic as Robbo ahead of Given. Any impartial football fan will tell you that.

But isnt Lennon injured?

Thats what appears to stop Spurs fans making a preference over Newcastle players like Owen, so I am just picking a player who is fitter for longer. Seemed fair to me

Again i dont really understand what the joke is. Surely the only one you can actually doubt is Dawson??

Isn't that funny enough? Neither he nor Jenas would get on our bench, never mind in a combined team.

Guest kingdawson

And the sheer lack of balance in your team says more than I possibly could... and I'm quite articulate.

lack of balance?

Two full backs? CHECK

Two wingers? CHECK

An attack minded cm complimenting a box to box midfielder who puts the tackle in? CHECK

A big man, small man combination up front? CHECK

How much have you seen of Bale and Enrique to be able to compare the two?

Also your back four was shit last season so picking one that's injury prone and another that's average at best doesn't make much sense, also how much have you seen of Cacapa and Rozenhal?

Guest kingdawson

Tbh Milner ahead of Lennon is just as pathetic as Robbo ahead of Given. Any impartial football fan will tell you that.

But isnt Lennon injured?

Thats what appears to stop Spurs fans making a preference over Newcastle players like Owen, so I am just picking a player who is fitter for longer. Seemed fair to me

Its a bit different comparing a player with his first serious injury to a player who is constantly crocked but whatever floats your boat :thup:

lack of balance?

Two full backs? CHECK

Two wingers? CHECK

An attack minded cm complimenting a box to box midfielder who puts the tackle in? CHECK

A big man, small man combination up front? CHECK

You really think that CM partnership has a good balance?

Rhetorical btw.

Guest optimistic nit

Given

its rubbish man. i cant think of any reason why bale is ahead of enrique, both are unproved in the prem, but enrique, unlike bale, is proved in la liga.

Dawson cannot be compared to rozy or cacapa yet, because neither are that proved in the prem, but i rate faye more (if we get him) out of the 2 proven premiership cb's that we have, and if rozy and cacapa live up to potentail they will be better as well hopefully,

so basically dawson and bale really seem like biased choices.

i'll give you my in depth analysis

i'd say that. i've not been intentially biased in my team, but really i cant think of any spurs player who would walk into our team.

Given is better than Robbo.

Cimbonda is light years ahead of carr, but if we sign beye he won't be that much better than beye going by his reputation (marseilles capatin, over 120 appearences etc...).

you can't really say with cacapa and rozy yet, both have started brightly, but who knows. If we get faye then i would say king is better than both of our proven cb's, although doesn't he have degenerative knees? I'd put faye ahead of Dawson, but Taylor behind Dawson, but it may be that cacapa and rozy are our best 2 centrebacks, if they prove themselves.

Bale and Enrique are both untested at this level, but both have good potential, so really you can't pick between them.

Lennon is better than Solano, Solano has much better technical attributes and delivery and such, but lennon has a lot of attributes that make a very good winger, even though solano would be better than lennon in his heyday, lennon is better now, even though i think Solano is still a very important player even though he's getting on (he's a very similar player to david beckham imo, when you compare what the 2 offer to a team).

central mid spurs struggle a bit imo. Huddlestone is good imo but still a bit young to have to rely upon him. zokora isn't all that and jeenas is shite. Malbranque can play there though i think if you need him too. Geremi, Butt, Barton and Emre at least match the spurs central midfield.

On the left N'Zogbia beats routlage or po or whoever you play

Up front Berb is better than any of our strikers and Bent is in the Owen, Martins, Viduka bracket. Defoe and Keane are both good as well. Don't rate Defoe quite has highly as those 4, but thats a matter of opinion. Keane would be included with those 4 i think as well. So i see:

Berb

Owen, Martins, Bent, Keane, Viduka

Defoe

Ameobi, Smith

Its a bit different comparing a player with his first serious injury to a player who is constantly crocked but whatever floats your boat :thup:

Every time Ledley has returned from an injury he always plays a blinder.

:thup:

I wouldn't doubt Dawson, he just wouldn't get in the team or even on the bench ahead of Cacapa, Rozenhal or Taylor.  I'd doubt Robinson (seriously Harper is better) and Jenas wouldn't even get on the bench ahead of the likes of Emre, Geremi and Solano.

Guest kingdawson

How much have you seen of Bale and Enrique to be able to compare the two?

Also your back four was s*** last season so picking one that's injury prone and another that's average at best doesn't make much sense, also how much have you seen of Cacapa and Rozenhal?

I havent seen anything of Enriqe hence me picking Bale as ive seen much more of him. Ive seen a bit from Cacapa and absolutly nothing of Rozehal (except premiership highlights) and thats the reason why i havent commented on them.

But isnt Lennon injured?

First serious injury has to happen some time. Only time will tell if he is going to be prone from now one.

Honestly, I think Lennon and Milner are on level terms. I just think for me, and I cant hide the fact that of the 2 its our player, I prefer Milner as I feel he has a bit more agression about him.

Guest kingdawson

hmmmmmmmmm whats your point?

Every time Ledley's been injured?

Implying that he's been injured a fair bit.

Guest kingdawson

yes and Robster was comparing Lennons injury with Owen NOT ledleys injury.

Fair enough.

Still think that CM partnership is of any use then?

Guest kingdawson

Given

its rubbish man. i cant think of any reason why bale is ahead of enrique, both are unproved in the prem, but enrique, unlike bale, is proved in la liga.

Dawson cannot be compared to rozy or cacapa yet, because neither are that proved in the prem, but i rate faye more (if we get him) out of the 2 proven premiership cb's that we have, and if rozy and cacapa live up to potentail they will be better as well hopefully,

so basically dawson and bale really seem like biased choices.

i'll give you my in depth analysis

i'd say that. i've not been intentially biased in my team, but really i cant think of any spurs player who would walk into our team.

Given is better than Robbo.

Cimbonda is light years ahead of carr, but if we sign beye he won't be that much better than beye going by his reputation (marseilles capatin, over 120 appearences etc...).

you can't really say with cacapa and rozy yet, both have started brightly, but who knows. If we get faye then i would say king is better than both of our proven cb's, although doesn't he have degenerative knees? I'd put faye ahead of Dawson, but Taylor behind Dawson, but it may be that cacapa and rozy are our best 2 centrebacks, if they prove themselves.

Bale and Enrique are both untested at this level, but both have good potential, so really you can't pick between them.

Lennon is better than Solano, Solano has much better technical attributes and delivery and such, but lennon has a lot of attributes that make a very good winger, even though solano would be better than lennon in his heyday, lennon is better now, even though i think Solano is still a very important player even though he's getting on (he's a very similar player to david beckham imo, when you compare what the 2 offer to a team).

central mid spurs struggle a bit imo. Huddlestone is good imo but still a bit young to have to rely upon him. zokora isn't all that and jeenas is s****. Malbranque can play there though i think if you need him too. Geremi, Butt, Barton and Emre at least match the spurs central midfield.

On the left N'Zogbia beats routlage or po or whoever you play

Up front Berb is better than any of our strikers and Bent is in the Owen, Martins, Viduka bracket. Defoe and Keane are both good as well. Don't rate Defoe quite has highly as those 4, but thats a matter of opinion. Keane would be included with those 4 i think as well. So i see:

Berb

Owen, Martins, Bent, Keane, Viduka

Defoe

Ameobi, Smith

Very fair analysis tbh :thup: :thup: :thup:

Guest kingdawson

Fair enough.

what Malbranque and Barton?

Fair enough.

what Malbranque and Barton?

Yeah.