Tottenham's version of N-O's "Buying from our Premiership rivals"

Rich

I'm amazed either set of supporters would have Lennon in their side. He has to be one of the most over-rated footballers of the last ten years. He has pace and a bit of trickery, but I can't see much more that makes him any different to someone like Agbonalahor or even Dyer before his leg break. He can't pass, can't cross and mentally for someone who can get two yards ahead of anyone, his thinking is five yards behind. I've seen quite a lot of the player having quite a few Spurs supporters as mates, and even they have began to realise what I've been saying is true.

Honestly I don't think he's have the player SWP is.

but he's still far, far better than milner. very few neutral fans wouldn't have Lennon in the team, and yes he's over-rated in the media but that doesn't mean he is a poor player. hard to believe people here are slating Bale, i'm assuming they haven't watched him as his talent is very obvious.

I'm amazed either set of supporters would have Lennon in their side. He has to be one of the most over-rated footballers of the last ten years. He has pace and a bit of trickery, but I can't see much more that makes him any different to someone like Agbonalahor or even Dyer before his leg break. He can't pass, can't cross and mentally for someone who can get two yards ahead of anyone, his thinking is five yards behind. I've seen quite a lot of the player having quite a few Spurs supporters as mates, and even they have began to realise what I've been saying is true.

but he's still far, far better than milner. very few neutral fans wouldn't have Lennon in the team, and yes he's over-rated in the media but that doesn't mean he is a poor player. hard to believe people here are slating Bale, i'm assuming they haven't watched him as his talent is very obvious.

I can't say I'm a big fan of Bale, from what I seen of of him last season he looks comfortable on the ball but I'm not convinced with him at left back, I remember watching one particular game (Southampton vs Colchester iirc) and he was getting murdered down his side, both goals were created down his side in fact,  that's not to say he won't become a top player in a few years but he's just a young talent with potential atm.

Guest optimistic nit

Given

chimbonda    king     Dawson   Bale

Lennon     Barton     Malbranque  N'zogbia

Berbatov   Owen (if he proved his fitness)

Subs: Robbo, Kaboul, Milner, Jenas, Bent or Martins

:lol:

Dawson and Bale made me laugh out loud, same with Malbranque.

I'd take King, Berbatov and Lennon from Spurs. That's it.

And Cacapa will prove himself to be a better defender than King too  blueyes.gif

not even cimbonda? if i'm going to make a point about the delusions of kingdawson i at least have to mention when one of our fans claims that he would not take one of the best, if not the best, right backs in the country when we have no fit right backs and when fit, our current best right back is steven carr. I'd also take Bent, Taarbet, Keane, and Bale, although i wouldn't start any of them.

dan b: aye you'd expect better options available at centre mid, i was suprised too.

Here's my team then with a few kneejerk signings thrown in.

...........................Given

Chimbonda...Cacapa...King...Enrique

........................Faye

............Malbranque...Barton

...Martins.............................Lennon

..................Berbatov

Guest Bateman

have to agree with some of these comments on Lennon, i'd prefer SWP anyday.  Lennon and Walcot are so incredibly overrated because of there pace, having said that walcot did look good last night albeit against a pretty poor side.

Also think Dawson is overrated as well, he is like a poor mans John Terry.

When will people realise that Lennon is the re-incarnation of Kieron Dyer?

Lennon was training today, fully fit and ready for the fools on Saturday.  Don't think Dyer will be doing that for a while.  BTW Dawson and Kaboul fully fit too.

What was Lennon's injury MJ ?

Keyhole surgery on his knee in the summer, cleaning up around the cartilage apparently.

In terms of Ability in each position, not going for balance in the centre of the park, just picking purely on who I think has the most ability in each position, my lineup would be:

Given

Chimbonda King Rozenhal Bale (1 Bale game to compare vs 0 Enrique games)

Lennon Barton Emre Duff

Berbatov Owen

SWP is a far more all rounded player than Lennon is (and probably ever will be) and I would take a part exchange with no hesitation at all.  Lennon is still far more of an attacking threat than Milner though.

Given

chimbonda    king    Dawson  Bale

Lennon    Barton    Malbranque  N'zogbia

Berbatov  Owen (if he proved his fitness)

Subs: Robbo, Kaboul, Milner, Jenas, Bent or Martins

:lol:

Dawson and Bale made me laugh out loud, same with Malbranque.

I'd take King, Berbatov and Lennon from Spurs. That's it.

And Cacapa will prove himself to be a better defender than King too  blueyes.gif

not even cimbonda? if i'm going to make a point about the delusions of kingdawson i at least have to mention when one of our fans claims that he would not take one of the best, if not the best, right backs in the country when we have no fit right backs and when fit, our current best right back is steven carr. I'd also take Bent, Taarbet, Keane, and Bale, although i wouldn't start any of them.

Haha I forgot Chimbona, of course I'd take him. Over any other PL RB as well.

SWP is a far more all rounded player than Lennon is (and probably ever will be) and I would take a part exchange with no hesitation at all.  Lennon is still far more of an attacking threat than Milner though.

Can we compare assist's like your pal KD always likes to?

So we can take the piss when KingDawson does it but happily use the same method when it suits our own agenda?

It's not just about assists unless you play fantasy football, it's about what they bring to the team as individuals and Lennon is a far more affective player than Milner, I'm surprised this is even up for debate and it's nearly as embarrassing as the Spurs fans saying Huddlestone is better than Fabregas.

So we can take the piss when KingDawson does it but happily use the same method when it suits our own agenda?

It's not just about assists unless you play fantasy football, it's about what they bring to the team as individuals and Lennon is a far more affective player than Milner, I'm surprised this is even up for debate and it's nearly as embarrassing as the Spurs fans saying Huddlestone is better than Fabregas.

I think you overrate Lennon a bit too much tbh. His end product isnt great but then he does run fast :thup:

I think you overrate Lennon a bit too much tbh. His end product isnt great but then he does run fast :thup:

I don't overrate him at all, in fact I've already said in this thread that he's overrated however I can see what he brings to the Spurs side, similar to how I could see what Bellamy and Dyer brought to a Newcastle side even though neither had the best end product.

Do you think Milner is better than Lennon?

I can't say I'm a big fan of Bale, from what I seen of of him last season he looks comfortable on the ball but I'm not convinced with him at left back, I remember watching one particular game (Southampton vs Colchester iirc) and he was getting murdered down his side, both goals were created down his side in fact,  that's not to say he won't become a top player in a few years but he's just a young talent with potential atm.

Agree there are more question marks about his defensive qualities in the Premiership rather than his ability to go forward or use his left foot.  That said, he has proved able at international level, higher quality but less frenetic pace of the premiership.  There is no proof yet that Enrique will handle the English game either atm, so I would opt for Bale in the absence of more evidence one way or the other.

.....you actually think I was being serious with the assists comment? Get out  :lol:

.....you actually think I was being serious with the assists comment? Get out  :lol:

I thought you were as it was clear you didn't have anything else to counter his argument.

Sorry guys but Lennon is better than Milner...Some of you are wearing NUFC tinted glasses...

Or maybe some are wearing pace tinted glasses ...

Plenty of players wouldn't be that good if you took away their pace, at the same time plenty of players would be far better if they had more pace.

To knock a player for having something that makes a huge advantage in the Premiership and at International level is pointless.

I don't overrate him at all, in fact I've already said in this thread that he's overrated however I can see what he brings to the Spurs side, similar to how I could see what Bellamy and Dyer brought to a Newcastle side even though neither had the best end product.

I certainly don't think their respective talents are nearly as wide at those between Fabregas and Huddlestone.

I certainly don't think their respective talents are nearly as wide at those between Fabregas and Huddlestone.

I take it you admit Lennon is better from that reply. O0

I thought you were as it was clear you didn't have anything else to counter his argument.

Would of been a bit hard to counter it seeing as though he wasn't even addressing me, and the fact I agree with what he said.

Lennon is a more potent attacking player than Milner, but Milner is the better footballer. SWP is indeed better than them both.

Lennon or Zoggy?  :cheesy:

Would of been a bit hard to counter it seeing as though he wasn't even addressing me, and the fact I agree with what he said.

Lennon is a more potent attacking player than Milner, but Milner is the better footballer. SWP is indeed better than them both.

Lennon or Zoggy?  :cheesy:

Not that much between Lennon and N'Zogbia on their day but Lennon is the better player overall, mainly because Zog wasted the whole of last season which should have been a big year for him.