Danny Szetela?

GoranBadlund

Guest optimistic nit

This bit aint too promising...

His MLS career has not been as stellar. To date, he has not scored a goal for the Black & Gold and posted only three assists in four years. But he has been plagued with injuries, including a broken left foot, a sprained right knee, and a concussion. In 2006, he saw action in only 4 matches due to injuries.

:undecided:

aye, but that also means he's been playing since he was 16. also none of those injuries seem to indicate a persistent problem.

Guest MrSundlofer

Can play as a central midfielder and as a right back... probably a "replacement" for Geremi (and Beye & Faye if they end up here) when they leave in jan/feb. Therefore a deal in january?

Can play as a central midfielder and as a right back... probably a "replacement" for Geremi (and Beye & Faye if they end up here) when they leave in jan/feb. Therefore a deal in january?

Doesn't their season end in or just before January?

Guest MrSundlofer

Doesn't their season end in or just before January?

True! Then good for both parts.

Guest NUFCGator

I've seen him play a few times. Lately his manager's seemed hesitant to play him even when healthy which is disappointing but in the U-20 World Cup he was box to box for 90 minutes, held the ball really well, and was also great at linking up with Adu and Altidore on the attack. Definitely one of the rising stars on the US squad. Hopefully one of Sam's signing similar to Enrique where he sees some potential brilliance in a young foreign player. Get him while still cheap and let him learn the midfield from Barton and Geremi and hopefully he'll turn into something great.

i'm from the US of A. don't watch much MLS because quite frankly it's crap. why watch those chumps when i can watch the EPL on FSC.  anywho, seen him play a few times, decent young player with a good upside that had a solid showing in the U-20 world cup last month. seen an interview with freddy adu praising his leadership and ability. can't see him being an impact player IF he comes here..still young and could prove me wrong

Guest JamesD

I'm a redbulls fan, and if he goes to another team, it better be another one i support. Or at least one I don't hate. But I wouldn't mind moving ameobi on and getting altidore in.

I'm a redbulls fan, and if he goes to another team, it better be another one i support. Or at least one I don't hate. But I wouldn't mind moving ameobi on and getting altidore in.

Think he will go somewhere like Fulham. Especially with their American contingent. Looks a real talent though.

Guest Ridzuan

Hm...never heard of this guy before,but if what has been said about him is to believe,than I think he will be a welcome addition to the squad.Whatever it is,we just have to wait till January to find out.

Guest NUFCGator

I'd like to see Altidore come here simply because you can't have too much talent. He develops and becomes good and he's either good enough to stay in the squad or we sell him for more than we paid and make money off it. MLS players usually come pretty cheap because the league's such shit comparatively.

We were very close to signing him a couple of years ago but his dad died just before contracts were signed so he decided to stay in America for the time being

His agent put out a "come and get me" plea about a month ago saying he would prefer a move to us rather than Roma and the others but it seems like we're not interested anymore