"Shepherd was not a good chairman" - Sibierski

JH

It was Souness who signed Owen then?

never said it wasn't.

Whats your point Dave. Souness signed Luque, Boumsong, Owen, Parker, Emre, to replace Robert, Woodgate, and Bellamy,  and Shearer in the long term. He also signed amady Faye, to replace Gary Speed/Nicky Butt, and Babayaro to replace Bernard.

So who's to blame for wasting the vast majority of the money that the board trusted for their manager to spend, which is what good boards do ?

Unless of course you think they should have stuck their noses in and vetoed these signings ?

Taken out all the chaff that wasn't relevant to my point.

I just wondered about your 'good boards sign England internationals' thing that's all.

so, whats your point ?

never said it wasn't.

Whats your point Dave. Souness signed Luque, Boumsong, Owen, Parker, Emre, to replace Robert, Woodgate, and Bellamy,  and Shearer in the long term. He also signed amady Faye, to replace Gary Speed/Nicky Butt, and Babayaro to replace Bernard.

So who's to blame for wasting the vast majority of the money that the board trusted for their manager to spend, which is what good boards do ?

Unless of course you think they should have stuck their noses in and vetoed these signings ?

I just wondered about your 'good boards sign England internationals' thing that's all.

so, whats your point ?

Was it the good board who signed Michael Owen or the shit manager?

so ne5, have we, in your opinion progressed since FS took charge? are we overall in a better posiiton than we were when SJH was chairmaen, simple question, pretty much generalises this entire argument.

Think carefully, dont refer to the past because for the 20th time thats exactly what it was the past. Now, i say this because its clear you were around in the dark days of this club and you seems intent on reminding us how bad you had it, just ike a grandad goes on about "how he got the cane in his days", and "you'd be lucky to get an orange for xmas in my day" well, noone is really interested in those type of arguments....if you continue to look at the less important past, you forget to look at the more important present and future. Think hard and answer honestly because if you think that we have progressed as a club financially and on the playing field then you honestly support your own argument, however, if you dont think we have progressed then it automatically means FS was a poor chairmen, simple as that....can you honestly say that he was a success, i have already acknowledged that SBR was a good move how many euro seasons did we get out of him? how many season was FS in charge and how many euro quals did we get, how many of those qulaifications we SBR and how many time did we qualify from positional qulaification i'e 5th, as opposed to FA cup losers? Tell me now, was FS a success? please just answer the question, with support for your answers and dont qutoe me on any tiny mistake i make and scrutinize the shit out of it? Sorry to sound like a teacher but its impossible to get a straight answer out of you...its like trying to nail diarroea to a fucking wall.

In short, the appointment of Allardyce is taking us forwards again, so what is your opinion on that

Are you going to answer my question Fredbob? Would you have preferred Shepherd not to have signed Martins because we couldn't afford him even though without his goals it was near certain relegation? Also would you have preferred the club not to expand the stadium so we didn't borrow £44 million to build the extra 16,000 seats?

Yes martin was a big success , and a good singing by Shepard , but in the big picture is that really an achievement to substantiate the claim he was a good chairman? This was the same chairmen would paid £11m for Luque (nufc.com) £8m for Boum-shlong etc? it can all be flipped around, in fact i dont know why i'm even arguing that point, you've made it for me, why the hell under his chairmenship were we fighting relegation in the first place??

LEt me ask you this then, from when FS took charge, do you think we are where we could/should of been? Do you think that we have progressed as a club in the 10 years he has been in charge? Do you think that from when he took us over when we were title challengers (2nd) to where we are now (Uefa Cup hopefuls) shows a significant level of improvement? If yes then you're a fool, if the answers to theses questions are no, then you are forced to agree therefore that overall he wasn't a succes.

Note i have generalised his tenure as Chairmanship and not picked out specific events to make my arguments.

he was a signing by Roeder, not Shepherd, and from this point on your argument is pointless, as you clearly don't understand the management structure of a football club.

Sorry like .

lol, can you read? am not sure why that invalidates my argument, i was replying to someone elses query, in fact yet again, you miss the point of the entrie argument and pick out one tiny insignificant bit, you're embarressingly infuiriating. You seem to have ignored some of my others posts, ones that were directed to you.

not being funny like, but where exactly do you come from, and what do you know about the football club ?

[ i just know that the skyboys will not approve of this question ]

never said it wasn't.

so, whats your point ?

Was it the good board who signed Michael Owen or the shit manager?

The shit manager. Even the shittiest manager gets something right. However, the board did exceptionally well to finance the deal and buy such a top quality trophy player, who has just happened to, eeerrr, score a few goals that won a trophy

so ne5, have we, in your opinion progressed since FS took charge? are we overall in a better posiiton than we were when SJH was chairmaen, simple question, pretty much generalises this entire argument.

Think carefully, dont refer to the past because for the 20th time thats exactly what it was the past. Now, i say this because its clear you were around in the dark days of this club and you seems intent on reminding us how bad you had it, just ike a grandad goes on about "how he got the cane in his days", and "you'd be lucky to get an orange for xmas in my day" well, noone is really interested in those type of arguments....if you continue to look at the less important past, you forget to look at the more important present and future. Think hard and answer honestly because if you think that we have progressed as a club financially and on the playing field then you honestly support your own argument, however, if you dont think we have progressed then it automatically means FS was a poor chairmen, simple as that....can you honestly say that he was a success, i have already acknowledged that SBR was a good move how many euro seasons did we get out of him? how many season was FS in charge and how many euro quals did we get, how many of those qulaifications we SBR and how many time did we qualify from positional qulaification i'e 5th, as opposed to FA cup losers? Tell me now, was FS a success? please just answer the question, with support for your answers and dont qutoe me on any tiny mistake i make and scrutinize the s*** out of it? Sorry to sound like a teacher but its impossible to get a straight answer out of you...its like trying to nail diarroea to a f****** wall.

In short, the appointment of Allardyce is taking us forwards again, so what is your opinion on that

lol, so you admit we were behind? Crikey that sounded alwfully like a minor concede of defeat there, because if you ask me a compentent chairman doesnt allow us to be behind in the first place. Game set and match me thinks. From the moment Shepard said he wasnt going to replace SBR contract hes been a fucking disaster and now you admit we're going back in the right dierection having been in the wrong one for so long.  It wasnt that hard ne5 but we got it out of you. Well done

Are you going to answer my question Fredbob? Would you have preferred Shepherd not to have signed Martins because we couldn't afford him even though without his goals it was near certain relegation? Also would you have preferred the club not to expand the stadium so we didn't borrow £44 million to build the extra 16,000 seats?

Yes martin was a big success , and a good singing by Shepard , but in the big picture is that really an achievement to substantiate the claim he was a good chairman? This was the same chairmen would paid £11m for Luque (nufc.com) £8m for Boum-shlong etc? it can all be flipped around, in fact i dont know why i'm even arguing that point, you've made it for me, why the hell under his chairmenship were we fighting relegation in the first place??

LEt me ask you this then, from when FS took charge, do you think we are where we could/should of been? Do you think that we have progressed as a club in the 10 years he has been in charge? Do you think that from when he took us over when we were title challengers (2nd) to where we are now (Uefa Cup hopefuls) shows a significant level of improvement? If yes then you're a fool, if the answers to theses questions are no, then you are forced to agree therefore that overall he wasn't a succes.

Note i have generalised his tenure as Chairmanship and not picked out specific events to make my arguments.

he was a signing by Roeder, not Shepherd, and from this point on your argument is pointless, as you clearly don't understand the management structure of a football club.

Sorry like .

lol, can you read? am not sure why that invalidates my argument, i was replying to someone elses query, in fact yet again, you miss the point of the entrie argument and pick out one tiny insignificant bit, you're embarressingly infuiriating. You seem to have ignored some of my others posts, ones that were directed to you.

not being funny like, but where exactly do you come from, and what do you know about the football club ?

I know they play in black and white, i know they play at Saint Jermeys PArk, i know the players can kick the ball hard....what more is there to know....

Sorry like .

errrr would you like to answer this part please, we'll start slow so a simple yes or no will do for the time being.

Gullit was an exciting young manager who had won the FA cup with Chelsea playing excellent football, he also had the ability to attract big name players because of his reputation as a player.

Yeah, right. The biggest name who came to Newcastle under Gullit was probably Duncan Ferguson. You think he was irresistably drawn by Gullit's reputation?

Sorry like .

errrr would you like to answer this part please, we'll start slow so a simple yes or no will do for the time being.

Good luck.

Gullit was an exciting young manager who had won the FA cup with Chelsea playing excellent football, he also had the ability to attract big name players because of his reputation as a player.

You mean like Maric, Marcelino, Dyer, Goma etc etc...??

These all proved to be GREAT club servants, didn't they?......NOT!!

And what about his alienation of Rob Lee and Shearer ? What about the fact that he was so arrogant that

our best midfielder, Hamman, fell out with him and demanded a transfer..??

There is a great story about Gullit and his mindset, it's in Rob Lee's book for anyone who wants to read the whole thing.

Basically good old Ruud didn't agree with body hair, so one of the fringe players trying to curry favour with the dreadlocked one shaved his nads and todger to get into the team.

Now as much as I love a brazilian, picking your team on the length of your players growth is a real winner.

People need to understand most clubs are in debt, my only problem was the "I backed every manager" when it was the club & the club has the debt to prove this. If Fred/others had said "The club has backed every manager under my Chairmanship" that would of been sweet for me.

Some of yous have grown up in era of the club never being relegated, so for me qualifying for the richest club competition every year is something I don't take for granted.  In saying that I would swop a 2nd place finish, a 3-2 win over Barca & a Intertoto Vase for a something as meaningless as being League Cup Winners, which the likes of Boro,Leicester & Blackburn have won in the last 10 years.

Think carefully, dont refer to the past because for the 20th time thats exactly what it was the past. Now, i say this because its clear you were around in the dark days of this club and you seems intent on reminding us how bad you had it, just ike a grandad goes on about "how he got the cane in his days", and "you'd be lucky to get an orange for xmas in my day" well, noone is really interested in those type of arguments....if you continue to look at the less important past, you forget to look at the more important present and future. Think hard and answer honestly because if you think that we have progressed as a club financially and on the playing field then you honestly support your own argument, however, if you dont think we have progressed then it automatically means FS was a poor chairmen, simple as that....can you honestly say that he was a success, i have already acknowledged that SBR was a good move how many euro seasons did we get out of him? how many season was FS in charge and how many euro quals did we get, how many of those qulaifications we SBR and how many time did we qualify from positional qulaification i'e 5th, as opposed to FA cup losers? Tell me now, was FS a success? please just answer the question, with support for your answers and dont qutoe me on any tiny mistake i make and scrutinize the s*** out of it? Sorry to sound like a teacher but its impossible to get a straight answer out of you...its like trying to nail diarroea to a f****** wall.

lol, so you admit we were behind? Crikey that sounded alwfully like a minor concede of defeat there, because if you ask me a compentent chairman doesnt allow us to be behind in the first place. Game set and match me thinks. From the moment Shepard said he wasnt going to replace SBR contract hes been a fucking disaster and now you admit we're going back in the right dierection having been in the wrong one for so long.  It wasnt that hard ne5 but we got it out of you. Well done

Fuck off. I'm not saying Shepherd is great, but that point is utter, utter bollocks.

lol, so you admit we were behind? Crikey that sounded alwfully like a minor concede of defeat there, because if you ask me a compentent chairman doesnt allow us to be behind in the first place. Game set and match me thinks. From the moment Shepard said he wasnt going to replace SBR contract hes been a f****** disaster and now you admit we're going back in the right dierection having been in the wrong one for so long.  It wasnt that hard ne5 but we got it out of you. Well done

f*** off. I'm not saying Shepherd is great, but that point is utter, utter bollocks.

fuck off. I'm sayin Shepard was crap, but this point is utter irrelavent.

lol, so you admit we were behind? Crikey that sounded alwfully like a minor concede of defeat there, because if you ask me a compentent chairman doesnt allow us to be behind in the first place. Game set and match me thinks. From the moment Shepard said he wasnt going to replace SBR contract hes been a f****** disaster and now you admit we're going back in the right dierection having been in the wrong one for so long.  It wasnt that hard ne5 but we got it out of you. Well done

f*** off. I'm not saying Shepherd is great, but that point is utter, utter bollocks.

fuck off. I'm sayin Shepard was crap, but this point is utter irrelavent.

the point you made was a stupid one, and it backed up your argument not one jot, so well done.

f*** off. I'm sayin Shepard was crap, but this point is utter irrelavent.

the point you made was a stupid one, and it backed up your argument not one jot, so well done.

to be fair to my good self, i wasn;t actually making a point in that bit of txt you decided to quote, in fact i was offereing my opinion, and in my opinion i cant think of too many (if any) chairmen/ managers/ business owners who would allow there business to get behind in the current market and still be considered a success. its a simple point and seems to make complete sense to me. The minute you get behind your projected targets you intanstanly become "inaffective", the minute you fail any of yours targets you're a failure. In the real world thats how it works, i'm not for one second sayin Sheapard was a failure but he was by no means even considered a success.

All clubs make good and bad appointments, you can't be right everytime or all clubs would be doing well. FS made some good and bad appointments, SBR was good and i think SA will be good. Don't remember how i felt about Dalgleish but i could understand the reasoning. Gullit's appointment was a joke and anyone who defended it were totally unaware of full stroy at Chelsea, SBR became available so that was a no-brainer, GS was the worst replacement and it was totally obvious what was going to happen, Roeder had only ever relegated teams so that was only going 1 way, SA has some pedigree, he deserves a chance at a bigger club. I applaud the previous board for SA's appointment and lambast them for Gullit, GS and GR.

I think the way handled the managers was the previous' board only really obvious weakness, making SOME bad choices, giving them too much £££ and selling players behind the managers back which is deplorable.

I might also add i thought the Owen deal was stupid.

Anyway, they did their best, there were ups and downs and now it's all history.

Guest mr quimbys beard

I reckon our takeover came at the right time otherwise we may have got into so much debt we cxould of ended up like Leeds, doesnt bare thinking about.Shepherd wasnt the most tactful chairman but did come up with money when needed, our new chairman will be much better at running the club in my opinion.

you keep missing the point. Managers change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. Why do you think nobody appoints managers who are sometimes not as good as a previous one ? This is a completely different thing to the structure and ambition of a football club and the board by the way. Your problem is like others, you simply don't understand this.

Sorry like .

I know they play in black and white, i know they play at Saint Jermeys PArk, i know the players can kick the ball hard....what more is there to know....

oh dear.

My first impression that you are nothing but a WUM confirmed.

;D

Sorry like .

lets make it easy for you, I know you are a WUM, but I'll answer out of politeness and give you a chance to redeem yourself.

Lets just pretend that every club who thinks they should be top of the league, is actually top of the league. All at the same time. Problem solved.

mackems.gif

Yeah, right. The biggest name who came to Newcastle under Gullit was probably Duncan Ferguson. You think he was irresistably drawn by Gullit's reputation?

it may have been the challenge of replacing that world class player Stephen Spence ?