Premier League Games Today.

Parky

Should have spent that £16.5m on some defenders tbh.

They've got good defenders tbh, Jol's just useless at organising the team to defend a lead..

King and Chimbonda are good but the rest aint that good, Dawson is utter shit. Alot has been said about Bale but defensively he is very average, Going forward he is very good and in time i can see him becoming a regular LW player.

Everyone writing Spurs off already is mad, still the best side outside the Top 4 IMO, 4 great strikers and if they get Lennon back playing well the midfield will look much better. The gap is closing though and they'll slip back to the rest of us soon enough.

They've got good defenders tbh, Jol's just useless at organising the team to defend a lead..

King and Chimbonda are good but the rest aint that good, Dawson is utter shit. Alot has been said about Bale but defensively he is very average, Going forward he is very good and in time i can see him becoming a regular LW player.

Put it this way, they've got a better group of defenders than we have yet people are happy to praise Allardyce for sorting the defence.

They've got Ledley and Dawson to return and Kaboul looks alright. However in midfield, Zokora is a nothing midfielder. Doesn't defend well and doesn't attack either. He's just kind of there ... Huddlestone is talented and passes the ball well, but then he doesn't quite work in a 4-4-2 as he doesn't quite get around the pitch well enough, and so it leaves them exposed. The left wing is just weird too, they constantly rotate random right wingers into the psoition and it just never quite works.

On the whole they also seem to lack character and toughness. They have no real leadership and are a pretty quiet team. When under the kosh they will always crumble. Could you imagine them fighting Chelsea the way villa did today? Powder Puff Pansies tbh.

Guest kingdawson

King and Chimbonda are good but the rest aint that good, Dawson is utter s***. Alot has been said about Bale but defensively he is very average, Going forward he is very good and in time i can see him becoming a regular LW player.

Youre wrong again. King, Dawson, Chimbonda, Kaboul and Lee are all very good defenders who for some starnge reason, cant play as a unit.

Guest kingdawson

Who are their good defenders?

Just listed them. Add Rocha to the list who is also solid.

Everyone writing Spurs off already is mad, still the best side outside the Top 4 IMO, 4 great strikers and if they get Lennon back playing well the midfield will look much better. The gap is closing though and they'll slip back to the rest of us soon enough.

People are just commenting on whats happend so far, Spurs were praised to high heaven through out the transfer window and nearly everyday we were told how they are amazing and they will beat Arsenal to 4th place. Im happy the wheels are falling off tbh, Im not totally writing Spurs off i think they have a good strike force and on their day they can be a match for anyone but they seem to be turning up expecting the other team to let them win.

Guest kingdawson

They've got Ledley and Dawson to return and Kaboul looks alright. However in midfield, Zokora is a nothing midfielder. Doesn't defend well and doesn't attack either. He's just kind of there ... Huddlestone is talented and passes the ball well, but then he doesn't quite work in a 4-4-2 as he doesn't quite get around the pitch well enough, and so it leaves them exposed. The left wing is just weird too, they constantly rotate random right wingers into the psoition and it just never quite works.

On the whole they also seem to lack character and toughness. They have no real leadership and are a pretty quiet team. When under the kosh they will always crumble. Could you imagine them fighting Chelsea the way villa did today? Powder Puff Pansies tbh.

You mean like last season at the Lane?

Chimbonda's possibly the best right back in the league and King is a top centre back, Kaboul and Bale are other potential top players, Dawson isn't as bad as people make out (as good as Taylor) and the likes of Lee, Gardner and Sterltari can do a job if they're desperate.

Guest Geordiesned

Just listed them. Add Rocha to the list who is also solid.

From what I've seen of Rocha he's pants! Tottenham supporting mate at work agrees.

Guest Knightrider

Excellent performance by Young, the sort of attacking performance that Milner will NEVER put in.

Young is in a totally different league to Milner that is beyond debate.

Milner and Young are about level, where Young has pace over Milner our player has a better all-round game and will probably score more goals over a season than the Villa player, although Young has lots of potential, more than Milner.

Anyway I hate it when one player gets rated higher than the other by deciding pace is the winning factor. Pace is vastly overrated and no good if you can't do anything with it. Dyer had it in abundance but what has he done in his career? Fuck all. Meanwhile Milner, a player who lacks pace, has had a far more productive start to his career  and I will say right here and now will go on to have a far better career than Dyer.

Milner is a good player in my opinion who just needs to fine tune certain parts of his game to become a very good player.

Oh and btw Milner put in that sort of performance at SJP last season against a much better Chelsea full-back in Paulo Ferreira. Short memories.

Glad Chelsea lost, but on any other day they could have won 3 or 4-1.

20 shots and 60% in favour of Chelsea, pretty similar to us yesterday (18 & 65%)

Did you see the Chlsea game may I ask?

They didn't have a single chance the whole game until injury time, all their shots were hopeless efforts from range that rarely hit the target.

Milner and Young are about level, where Young has pace over Milner our player has a better all-round game and will probably score more goals over a season than the Villa player, although Young has lots of potential, more than Milner.

Anyway I hate it when one player gets rated higher than the other by deciding pace is the winning factor. Pace is vastly overrated and no good if you can't do anything with it. Dyer had it in abundance but what has he done in his career? Fuck all. Meanwhile Milner, a player who lacks pace, has had a far more productive start to his career  and I will say right here and now will go on to have a far better career than Dyer.

Milner is a good player in my opinion who just needs to fine tune certain parts of his game to become a very good player.

Dyer's career went down hill because of injury and love of getting pissed, on his day though he was still better for us than Milner ever has been.

A better comparison would be Lennon, he's similar to Dyer was when he was a kid, who do you think will go on to be the better player out of him and Milner?

Guest Knightrider

Baggio is kind of on the right track with his comments on Spurs' defence, although they do have some average individuals in there, attacking Jol's inability to coach them into a solid unit is spot on. It's a myth that you need 4 top-class defenders to have a good defence, you don't, you just need a competent manager, 4 adequate players and lots of hard work. Well Spurs have the adequate players...

King and Chimbonda are good but the rest aint that good, Dawson is utter s***. Alot has been said about Bale but defensively he is very average, Going forward he is very good and in time i can see him becoming a regular LW player.

Their best signing this summer. Saw a lot of Gareth Bale at Southampton and he is really quality. However, against the tougher and more acomplished teams in the premiership, I'm not sure if he will perform as well. He will certainly get there, but at the moment against the likes of the top four, or Everton, Villa, Blackburn etc he'll have a very tough time.

Guest Knightrider

Excellent performance by Young, the sort of attacking performance that Milner will NEVER put in.

Btw Milner put in that sort of performance at SJP last season against a much better Chelsea full-back in Paulo Ferreira. Short memories.

Guest kingdawson

Their best signing this summer. Saw a lot of Gareth Bale at Southampton and he is really quality. However, against the tougher and more acomplished teams in the premiership, I'm not sure if he will perform as well. He will certainly get there, but at the moment against the likes of the top four, or Everton, Villa, Blackburn etc he'll have a very tough time.

;D ;D What do you base this rubbish on?

Guest Knightrider

Btw Milner put in that sort of performance at SJP last season against a much better Chelsea full-back in Paulo Ferreira. Short memories.

And you might want to ask Brummie about how well Milner did at Villa for them.

And you might want to ask Brummie about how well Milner did at Villa for them.

He done well in a shit Villa team in the same way he dome well in a shit Newcastle team last year, mainly because of his 100% attitude which other players don't have.

He will never be a top player though and won't be good enough for our first team if we've got serious ambitions about becoming a top team again, personally I'd have sold him in the summer and tried to bring someone like SWP in.

You mean like last season at the Lane?

I can't really recall that game tbh. Was it a battling victory or were you fortunate on the day? I'll go along with you for now because I can't remember. However I'm not convinced and you just aren't a strong team consistently enough. Look what happened when we played you at home last season. Crumble city. How about when you played Chelsea in the cup!!! Up 2 goals, crumblitis all over again. Against Fulham this weekend and numerous other times you guys just seem to fold when you face tougher teams.

However teams like Villa, Everton and Blackburn are always going to be tough and hell to go up against. The difference this season is they have all added quality options that make them more dangerous going forward. Young is coming into his own at Villa and Reo-Coker allows them to get forward more as he offers better protection in the middle. Yakubu will be a terror at Everto. Santa Cruz is already fitting in excellently at Blackburn.

You guys on the other hand have ruined a brilliant attack (Berbatov and Keane are telepathic!) by confusing things with the addition of Bent and keeping Defoe, and you are no stronger in midfield.

The fact that he is 17, and he is not going to be going up against Northern Ireland defenders who came in from the championship and league one every week.

Guest kingdawson

The fact that he is 17, and he is not going to be going up against Northern Ireland defenders who came in from the championship and league one every week.

I seem to remember him being one of our better performers against a certain premiership winning team the week before tbh.