Who's impressed you most so far?

Optimistic Nut

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Sagna - Richards - Toure - Clichy -

- Young - Fabregas - Reo-Coker - ZOG -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

I like to see that even the most hardened arsenal fans are unbiased.

to be honest i have seen the most of arsenal and that back three (of arsenal) really have all played really well, week in week out, out of the lot clichy, who isnt getting much recognition :S

rosicky was a doubt in that team and was torn between him and zog, although he hasnt been playing ther, but to cheer u up i will change it, it's right to that really :/

oh and LEHMANN WAS A JOKE!!

Thanks I feel better now.  I knew lehmann was a joke.

Geremi: gives us drive & workrate and quality/efficient ball-use through the centre of the park. Simply put, as a player & captain/leader he's the antithesis to the pile of s**** that was Scott Parker. A comparable player to Appiah imo, and always a top performer when he was at Middlesborough where he was utilised out wide with the license to drift inside. Chelsea didn't make the most out of the above mentioned attributes, and it's good to see Allardyce being the current exception.

Rosenhal and Cacapa: Obviously Cacapa has the pedrigree in his locker - ie. a true ball-playing centrehalf & captain of a dominating domestic team - but Rosenhal has been the surprise. Rosenhal's balance, both on the ball in possession & when defending his opponent body-on-body at close quarters, belies his lanky frame. It looks like a promising pairing, but it's still in it's infancy and they're yet to face a top-line strikeforce. However the proven dangermen - ie. Drogba, Rooney, Petrov, Anelka etc - and the league's top new arrivals will be the barometer to which they will be judged, but it's a welcome addition seeing us shut down mid-low table sides, something we haven't been able to do previously with our previous pairings ie. Taylor/Bramble, Bramble/O'brien & any pairing featuring Ramage.

Geremi: gives us drive & workrate and quality/efficient ball-use through the centre of the park. Simply put, as a player & captain/leader he's the antithesis to the pile of s**** that was Scott Parker. A comparable player to Appiah imo, and always a top performer when he was at Middlesborough where he was utilised out wide with the license to drift inside. Chelsea didn't make the most out of the above mentioned attributes, and it's good to see Allardyce being the current exception.

Hasn't actually been that good, though, has he. Seesm to have as much pace as an injured Viana.

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

to be honest i have seen the most of arsenal and that back three (of arsenal) really have all played really well, week in week out, out of the lot clichy, who isnt getting much recognition :S

rosicky was a doubt in that team and was torn between him and zog, although he hasnt been playing ther, but to cheer u up i will change it, it's right to that really :/

TBH everyone know Lehmann is a joke ;)

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

TBH everyone know Lehmann is a joke ;)

Aye waiting for tomorrow's papers main sports story.

Arsenal in bid for unsettled Newcastle Keeper

Arsene Wenger is ready to test Sam Allardyce's resolve with a 5M bid for Irish Star Shay Given.  Given has been unhappy of late as manager Sam Allardyce decided not to play him when he was injured and then refused to drop inform Keeper Harper for 1 game.

In other news The Daily Mail was voted Englands number one fictional publication.

no thanks

What, you wouldn't take Given over Lehmann?

Controversial, but no

i know im going to get slated now, but i wouldnt

Lehmann is a fantastic goal keeper, only his concentration lapses (lets say) let him down

no thanks

Controversial, but no

Lehmann is a fantastic goal keeper, only his concentration lapses (lets say) let him down

Ok on't agree but thats you opinion but how long do you think lehmann will go for?

Given has a good 7 years at least left at the top level.  Would you not take him as Lehmann's succesor, hypothetically?

no thanks

Controversial, but no

Ok on't agree but thats you opinion but how long do you think lehmann will go for?

Given has a good 7 years at least left at the top level.  Would you not take him as Lehmann's succesor, hypothetically?

Lehmann will go the end of this season imo and Almunia + Fabianski will take over, but i think if Given came in, Fabianski wouldnt get the chances he deserves, so no

once lehmann goes at the end of the season i think we will be left with Almunia, Fabianski and Mannone

and i wouldnt trade that three for Shay, Almunia, Fabianski

one because of the wages, two because he will hamper development and 3 i think that them three can provide the same job

Think Torres looks very good. If it really clicks for him he's going to cause a lot of trouble for defenders and goalkeepers. Fabregas looks good and a like the cut of the new Citeh's gib, but I wonder if they'll have staying power. Anelka's looked fantastic, even when Bolton havent been doing that great. For us, our two new CBs Rozehnal and Cacapa have looked good so far.

Hasn't actually been that good, though, has he. Seesm to have as much pace as an injured Viana.

A far away improvement over Parker though and what's better it's in a midfield unit which is still finding it's feet, and that's what counts as we were constantly overrun in the engine-room where Parker's play was an omnipresent & always negative deciding factor. Sure he's not the dominant factor in the current midfield set-up, but he's been a rock solid performer in the midfield phalanx of three, and his ball-use is far more efficient & intelligent than Parker's was. Unlike Parker, and this is the major difference that couples with their respective technique on the ball and ball useage, Geremi sees the passing lanes open up when the opposition midfield & defensive become fragmented following a turnover.

But then again not giving Geremi credit is the sort of response i'd expect from you NM, given that you spent a considerable period defending Parker's sub-par performances - ie. 'he's supposed to be/he's straight out suited to the DM role' sort of stuff  -  prior to the the final run-in last season, rather than just accepting that he wasn't up to the balanced 'defensive/attacking role' bestowed upon him by Roeder, a role which is central to an efficiently functioning midfield unit of four especially when there's already one defensive minded midfielder in the line-up ie. Butt. I'm not looking to score points on you, however by the time you effectively jumped off Parker's bandwagon our season had already been flushed down the loo.

Haper

Richards Rozenhal Campbell Nzogbia

SWP Fabregas Arteta Malouda

Torres  Santa Cruz

Havent seen too much of the non NUFC players though tho base my opinion on.

Lehmann will go the end of this season imo and Almunia + Fabianski will take over, but i think if Given came in, Fabianski wouldnt get the chances he deserves, so no

once lehmann goes at the end of the season i think we will be left with Almunia, Fabianski and Mannone

and i wouldnt trade that three for Shay, Almunia, Fabianski

one because of the wages, two because he will hamper development and 3 i think that them three can provide the same job

And here in lies why the arse will slip further and further down the table.

Once Wenger goes, we all know he's only signing that new contact so the club can make four pounds fiddy when he leaves for one of the two spanish clubs later this season, the transformation will be complete.

A far away improvement over Parker though and what's better it's in a midfield unit which is still finding it's feet, and that's what counts as we were constantly overrun in the engine-room where Parker's play was an omnipresent & always negative deciding factor. Sure he's not the dominant factor in the current midfield set-up, but he's been a rock solid performer in the midfield phalanx of three, and his ball-use is far more efficient & intelligent than Parker's was. Unlike Parker, and this is the major difference that couples with their respective technique on the ball and ball useage, Geremi sees the passing lanes open up when the opposition midfield & defensive become fragmented following a turnover.

But then again not giving Geremi credit is the sort of response i'd expect from you NM, given that you spent a considerable period defending Parker's sub-par performances - ie. 'he's supposed to be/he's straight out suited to the DM role' sort of stuff  -  prior to the the final run-in last season, rather than just accepting that he wasn't up to the balanced 'defensive/attacking role' bestowed upon him by Roeder, a role which is central to an efficiently functioning midfield unit of four especially when there's already one defensive minded midfielder in the line-up ie. Butt. I'm not looking to score points on you, however by the time you effectively jumped off Parker's bandwagon our season had already been flushed down the loo.

history re-written again, well done. Please feel free to continue making stuff up, as you always seem to, to support your pathetic, vacuous arguments.

As it happens, being "better than Parker" does not mean someone is good enough. Although i wouldn't expect someone that has shown such a shallow understanding of football to realise that.

As it happens, i thought that Parker did alright in the time immediately after joining us, but that the role he had to play, and the fact that he was never more than a mediocre player, meant that he was always going to get found out here.

Berbatov.....best forward in the league imo

Anelka.....why nobody tried to buy hims a mystery to me

Bale.....looks class already

mackems.gif

Guest firetotheworks

For me:

GK: Carson

DF: Richards, Rozenhal, Lescott, NZogbia

MF: SWP, Bianchi, Arteta, Malouda

FW: Torres, Santa Cruz