Who's impressed you most so far?

Optimistic Nut

Carson - Bale, Rozehnal, Lescott, Richards - Malouda, Fabregas, A. Young - Santa Cruz, Torres, Anelka

Santa Cruz is, if he can stay fit, the buy of the season. What a player.

Anelka though has been the most impressive player overall so far. One of the best strikers in Europe when at his best, which he has been for a couple of games now.

Another player who has, for some reason, impressed me, is Clint Dempsey. Has got a few goals for Fulham, seems like he has stepped his game up since last season. On the end of a lot of crosses and so on.

Only really seen Newcastle play so I can only comment on them. Impressed by N´Zogbia, Milner and Cacapa though I have seen only a little of the latter, though he looked great then:)

Also I would like to say that I really like Smith, think he brings something to the team as a cm in a 4 - 3 - 3 formation. Did not see the last game as I had to help my father put up a roof but got reports from by brother that he wasnt that good.

As for Santa Cruz, isnt he like one of the most injury prone players around? Can see him breaking down really soon, which is a good thing for us since Blackburn will be one of our main rivals for a spot in Europe.

Guest prestonj1989

GK - Gordon

RB - Sagna

CB - Toure

CB - Richards

LB - N'Zogbia

RM - Pennant

CM - Dempsey

CM - Hleb

LM - Malbranque

ST - Heskey

ST - Torres

Guest POWNATS

Berbatov.....best forward in the league imo

Anelka.....why nobody tried to buy hims a mystery to me

Bale.....looks class already

Too early to judge Carson this season - he's only played three league matches (you, Fulham, Chelsea), and had to make about three saves in total.

Torres has impressed me an awful lot. I agree with Madras, he's got a lot more hustle and bustle about him than I expected for a Spanish striker. I said after our first game that I didn't think Liverpool would win the league, based on the chances they'd fluffed against us, but have been impressed with them since.

I certainly think this is the best chance they've had for a long time.

Closer to home Ashley Young and (surprised really) Nigel Reo-Coker. For you, Milner. Elsewhere, am impressed with Bale, and Craig Gordon (in the face of adversity etc).

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Sagna - Richards - Toure - Clichy -

- Young - Fabregas - Reo-Coker - ZOG -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

I like to see that even the most hardened arsenal fans are unbiased.

to be honest i have seen the most of arsenal and that back three (of arsenal) really have all played really well, week in week out, out of the lot clichy, who isnt getting much recognition :S

rosicky was a doubt in that team and was torn between him and zog, although he hasnt been playing ther, but to cheer u up i will change it, it's right to that really :/

oh and LEHMANN WAS A JOKE!!

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Young - Fabregas - Reo-Coker - Rosicky -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

Isn't that what football is partly about, though? Staunch, partisan behaviour which flies in the face of all evidence? We're all as bad as each other at it.

Witness how many people are predicting a top 4 finish for Newcastle in the Prem Predictions thread.

That's what supporting a team is about.

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

Isn't that what football is partly about, though? Staunch, partisan behaviour which flies in the face of all evidence? We're all as bad as each other at it.

Witness how many people are predicting a top 4 finish for Newcastle in the Prem Predictions thread.

i wonder wher you'd put villa if you were to partake in that thread

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

I'd say that Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, Everton, and Portsmouth (note the absence of Citeh) are entirely interchangeable in terms of predicted finish, there's really too little between them, and what little there is, it is far too early to be predicting how things are likely to turn out.

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

I'd say that Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, Everton, and Portsmouth (note the absence of Citeh) are entirely interchangeable in terms of predicted finish, there's really too little between them, and what little there is, it is far too early to be predicting how things are likely to turn out.

it is but it's fun,go on i dare yah

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

1. Man United

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Spurs

7. Villa

8. Newcastle

9. Portsmouth

10. West Ham

11-17 Dont care

18. Blue shite

19. Mackems

20. Derby.

;D Lehmann  ;D -

- Petrov -

- Voronin -

1. Man United

2. Liverpool

3. Chelsea

4. Arsenal

5. Everton

6. Spurs

7. Villa

8. Newcastle

9. Portsmouth

10. West Ham

11-17 Dont care

18. Blue s****

19. Mackems

20. Derby.

newcastle above villa, spurs below both imo

i know fabregas is a good player, but i've been very surprised that he has been able to deliver immediately this term.

and the torres looks to fit in quicker than i expected

and of course - the zog!

For us it is Rozy such calmness on the ball helps the whole team, so far this season Fabregas is up there. Fair play we all knew he was a top player but he seems to have stepped another level this season. That Johnson kid at Man City has been canny as well.