Great start to the season

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Within 5 posts people are questioning our ability to beat Derby....Unreal. mackems.gif

You think it's safe to assume we'll beat them?

We should beat them, obviously, but it's idiotic to just assume that it should be an easy three points.

What you reckon the odds will be at the bookies?

As the season develops and we continue to improve people will stop worrying about games like this.

They'd be foolish to do so.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/3385515.stm :thup:

I'm not "assuming" we'll beat anyone. There will be plenty of games coming where I will be worried, just saying this is less likely to be a pitfall for us all things considered and no I'm not particlularly worried about Derby. :)

Within 5 posts people are questioning our ability to beat Derby....Unreal. mackems.gif

We should beat them, obviously, but it's idiotic to just assume that it should be an easy three points.

11/10 with Paddy Power.

As the season develops and we continue to improve people will stop worrying about games like this.

I'm not "assuming" we'll beat anyone. There will be plenty of games coming where I will be worried, just saying this is less likely to be a pitfall for us all things considered and no I'm not particlularly worried about Derby. :)

Other way around for me, these are the games I worry about because they're the games we really need to start winning consistently. ohmelads post was basically spot on.

Good to know the vibes are good for it though. :razz:

Look, there's a distinct lack of PMA in this thread.  Repeat after me - Positive Mental Attitude.

We're going to beat them 7-0 and James Milner is going to score a classic hat-trick, one with his left, one with his right and one with his cock.

Look, there's a distinct lack of PMA in this thread.  Repeat after me - Positive Mental Attitude.

We're going to beat them 7-0 and James Milner is going to score a classic hat-trick, one with his left, one with his right and one with his cock.

You can lead them to water.....

Other way around for me, these are the games I worry about because they're the games we really need to start winning consistently. ohmelads post was basically spot on.

The first game we're likely to lose and you can start worrying about now is away to Man City. 29th Sept.

The first game we're likely to lose and you can start worrying about now is away to Man City. 29th Sept.

Point being I'll not consider that a disaster, as it's a game that will be no shame in losing.

Not beating Derby though is the type of thing we've done for years so that'd be much more of a concern for me.

Beat the bad teams consistently and make ourselves tough to play against for the better teams.

That's the first step.

I think we'll beat Derby, btw.

Point being I'll not consider that a disaster, as it's a game that will be no shame in losing.

Not beating Derby though is the type of thing we've done for years so that'd be much more of a concern for me.

Beat the bad teams consistently and make ourselves tough to play against for the better teams.

That's the first step.

I think we'll beat Derby, btw.

:-*

Some of you guys are over estimating Man City. A said before the season and im saying it again, They will not end up in the top 8. Yes they got a good start to the season, but imo they were over performing and will be really inconsistent i believe, going from a really good game to a few really bad. Im not saying that we WILL beat them when we meet them, But i am hopeful of a draw at least..

Its impossible to judge how anyone is going to do this early in the season. Man City have just as much chance of doing really well as they have doing shite, what with loads of unproven foreign players coming in and a new manager. We could do well, based on our start we look difficult to beat, but at the same time we havent really had any big opposition. People are writing Spurs off but they started just as shit last year and ended up 5th. Its pretty much the same with most of the teams floating around the mid table to europe area. I just think its almost impossible to predict.